Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Entertaining. I think where the draft goes off the rails is at the 3rd overall spot. The Celtics want to take the next step and should be able to land a nice package for the pick. They're still then left with a boat load of picks and the draft is thick with interesting players later in the draft.

The Wolves want to trade Rubio. For that to happen they need Dunn. I think he will be there because Hield and Murray are both great scorers with range. The current holders if 4 and 5 need that. Whoever that's trading up that high is probably desperate to add that. Toss in Bender, the wild card. If his workouts go well who knows what crazy shit happens. Maybe the Lakers lose their damn minds and bust out their best Pistons/Darko brain fart imitation.

I think it's wishful thinking to see Bender fall six spots to the Raptors. I don't see it happening. I do think somebody falls and I hope that somebody is Canadian Murray or Chriss. If not, I'd like to see them trade down to mid teens if there's a serious taker.
    Those are the two I'm hoping for. Chriss rising out of our range pissed me off. I do think that, if there's a buy out with Bender, that might be the reason he falls (more than potential).
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• #9 Jaylen Brown
      #27 Guerschon Yabusele
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        #9 Jaylen Brown
        #27 Guerschon Yabusele
        It would be awesome if that happened but I really don't think that Brown falls that far to us. Boston, Denver, New Orleans, and Phoenix could all possibly take him. Murray has a better chance of falling, and so does bender even.

Comment

• I think out of the consensus top ten group outside of one and two, Brown has the biggest bust potential but offers the highest upside. I was all for Brown back in April but now I'm on the fence because I know a lot more about some of the other guys and on top of that ballers like Chriss, who wasn't expected to declare, have come out. The class has gotten a little better looking.

And I agree with Maury. Unless a couple unexpected reaches occur, I don't think you see Brown fall past Denver.

Comment

• i think phoenix are going to trade their pick
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You trade the pick if Poeltl is far and away the best pick at #9 because there would be a line up for a trade if this were true.
              Poeltl may not have the star potential, but he also has very low bust potential. For some teams, especially those without much youth or future draft picks, that's also an important consideration.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• If the top 8 goes according to plan, I feel like rabb would have been our best option. Feels a bit like getting Ross instead of Barnes.

Comment

• Did you guys read that Dunn has not done any workouts and is requesting one on one workouts against Ingram and simmons? If this is true, kids got balls. Not sure about his stock? Refused Boston and Phoenix. If thibs doesn't take him he might fall to sacto.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Poeltl may not have the star potential, but he also has very low bust potential. For some teams, especially those without much youth or future draft picks, that's also an important consideration.
                    Good point, they shouldn't assume those places wont be interested in dealing for him.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Did you guys read that Dunn has not done any workouts and is requesting one on one workouts against Ingram and simmons? If this is true, kids got balls. Not sure about his stock? Refused Boston and Phoenix. If thibs doesn't take him he might fall to sacto.
                      There's no incentive for them to entertain that.

Comment

There's no incentive for them to entertain that.
                        Obviously. The point is the demands and refusals.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          It would be awesome if that happened but I really don't think that Brown falls that far to us. Boston, Denver, New Orleans, and Phoenix could all possibly take him. Murray has a better chance of falling, and so does bender even.
                          The league is putting too much emphasis on shooting 3s. After top 2 he is the worst shooter on the board.

3. Jamal Murray
                          4. Dragan Bender
                          5. Buddy Hield
                          6. Kriss Dunn
                          7. Skal Labissier
                          8. Kris Dunn
                          9. Jaylen Brown
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jun 14, 2016, 12:11 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Did you guys read that Dunn has not done any workouts and is requesting one on one workouts against Ingram and simmons? If this is true, kids got balls. Not sure about his stock? Refused Boston and Phoenix. If thibs doesn't take him he might fall to sacto.
                            My Mock has the following:

1) PHI - Simmons
                            2) LAL - Ingram
                            3) BOS - Hield
                            4) PHX - Chriss
                            5) MIN - Dunn
                            6) NOR - Bender
                            7) DEN - Murray
                            8) SAC - Brown
                            9) TOR - Sabonis

Comment

• yeah i could see Brown falling to 9