Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    DeRozan 2.0? That's a pretty good player.
    lol yup. He drives alot dunks on people. he doesn't appear to have range like Buddy Hield. That said his 3pt % was almost 30%. So coming into the league with that would be awesome. I like Blake Murphy's idea of drafting him and playing Demarre at the 3/4 and alternating them.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      Is there a trend toward small ball and stretch 4's? Sure. But I think impact from bigs get a little underestimated on these boards. TT has been huge for the Cavs the last 2 years. Adams was huge for the Thunder. They also have Kanter. They have Ibaka at power forward. San Antonio has Aldridge. And HOF PF / C Duncan. The Warriors employee a bunch of bigs... Bogut, Ezili... And the raps had Val and Biz, who were absolutely key for us in the playoffs.

I think the demise of the big man is being greatly exaggerated.
      Teams that "push" small ball are invariably ones that do not have even a half decent option at 5 available (GS w Bogut might be an exception).
      So, what are you supposed to do? Put 5 best players/athletes and hope that other coach/sucker goes along & takes his center out (Casey, are you listening?).
      As lousy as say Nets were, Lopez was their best option & it worked reasonably well;
      Memphis, Clips, OKC, SA, Utah, Denver, Orlando, Atl...all had no issue playing "standard rotations" with a center in the middle.

Comment

• http://youtu.be/kBFu4cRO-8o

Kaleb tarczewski this is the guy I want at back up centre/PF #27 pick or if he goes undrafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://youtu.be/piUXm_wy7ek

If biz goes this is our starting power forward

Jakob poeltl

Jaylen brown will not make it to us at 9

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            http://youtu.be/piUXm_wy7ek

Jakob poeltl

Hmmm ...Poetl is a center,so is Biz

Comment

• Trade the pick for some good value Masai

Comment

http://youtu.be/piUXm_wy7ek

Jakob poeltl

Yup, the guy is guaranteed value and productivity. He can come in and play. And I don't think people realize just how potential-rich we already are.

Here he is as a 19 year old against another ready-to-go NBA talent:

This really is the question right here - What should top flight teams do to take it to the next level?

A lot of us are inclined to roll the dice on potential, and I'm there with y'all. But I think we have to remember that we already have a young, high potential team, and if this pick isn't a "professional" they will not only be shunted to the 905 for the foreseeable future, but will weigh down the end of the bench with unnecessary, unusable (from Casey's POV) youth.

There's a strong argument to be made that, unless you are youth/potential starved, you should fortify already strong teams with highly playable talent. It's what the Pistons should have done with the 2nd pick in 2003. There's another argument to be made that you still fortify playoff teams with size. It's what the Pistons tried to do their misguided pick of Darko. If you can get both in one package - and I think that's exactly what Poeltl is - you have yourself another rung on the ladder to greatness.

One of many amazing performances from him this year:

Great teams stock up for the playoffs. They make damn sure they have enough horses to finish strong. They collect beef for their frontcourt, which is exactly where we know we have to stock up.

Let's imagine for a second the disastrous situation that we draft a center AND sign our free agent center. So what does this "debacle" look like? (sorry Ross BTW)

Lowry/Cory/Delon
                DeMar/Powell/27th pick (shooter)
                Carroll/Bruno/JJ
                Patterson/Bismack/Daniels
                Jonas/Poeltl/Bebe

Sure, you're overloaded with "5s" but we know that Biz can move his feet like a 4 so he just has to be paired with offensive talent. The result of "playing it safe" is an embarrassment of riches in the frontcourt for Casey to choose from - quite possibly the best big-man rotation in the league and a squad simply reeking of potential AND playability.

Now, will Poeltl have to start off in the D-league? Of course, but that goes for all these guys. The difference, I think, is that he's a sure bet to dominate at that level. I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe otherwise.

I could go on...but Double Helix over at that other site has spelled out the analytics for us so I'll leave it there:
                http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1453293
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Jun 19, 2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• This draft is more interesting than the Game 7 of NBA Finals.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                    This draft is more interesting than the Game 7 of NBA Finals.
                    the game that will either be a blowout or decided by the refs. wooooo. what a league

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                      This draft is more interesting than the Game 7 of NBA Finals.
                      I'm suspicious as to if you'd be saying that if that Raptors only had the 27th pick. LOL

Comment

• Did Poeltl even workout for the Raptors? I'm still in the no chance this guy is in Toronto next year camp.

Comment

http://youtu.be/kBFu4cRO-8o

Kaleb tarczewski this is the guy I want at back up centre/PF #27 pick or if he goes undrafted

He'll go undrafted. What's with the highlight package? Only showed dunks, a couple of blocks and one 12 foot jumper? where's the rest of his game?

Comment

• Yabusele looks pretty good, I like that he can shoot the three. With 27 I would like the Raptors to put a big focus on shooting, we need more guys that can stretch the floor. Paul Zipser looks decent too.

Comment

• Could Ross and #27 get us into the high teens?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Jamal Murray has been added to the green room. inside top 8 he has the most upside. I would roll with him at 9.
                                Couple edits. I'd take cordinier at 27 over dejounte based off the footage.

Comment

Working...
                                X