• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    no
    Dude, can you not just let a man dream?
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

hahahahahaha

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

6. Drafts PG Delon Wright of Utah at #20 much to the chagrin of many RR posters who are screaming for PG George Lucas.
        Pretty good on my prediction from mcHappy's bragging rights thread. Swap Lucas for Portis (prediction was made long before Lucas withdrew ~ April 29th) and it's pretty bang on.

Personally, I really like the pick. My top priority for the pick was perimeter defence, whether point or wing and Wright can kinda do both.

Shared this link last month in the draft thread (god knows what page now)
        http://www.si.com/nba/2015/05/29/nba...y-delon-wright

"8. Don't sleep on Delon Wright. A weakness of college hoops writers, who moonlight as draft analysts, is that we tend to get too bullish on seniors, so take this with that in mind: I'm bullish on Utah's Delon Wright as this draft's late-first/early-second round sleeper. A 6'5" point guard, Wright passes the eye test as a savvy playmaker and long-armed, steal-generating defender (he got the nickname "Sticky" from his old AAU coach for always getting his hands on the ball), and he excels in key statistical categories.

Assists, rebounds and blocks per 40 minutes are some of the college stats with the strongest correlations to the NBA, and college steals per 40 are viewed as a success indicator. This past season, Wright averaged 6.2 assists, 6.2 rebounds, 1.2 blocks and 2.6 steals per 40 minutes, pace-adjusted. In the past 15 seasons of college hoops, there were only five other players—overall, not just among draft prospects—who averaged at least 5.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds, 1.0 blocks and 2.5 steals:

~~ Can't post the image but the chart shows D Wade, Lin, Francisco Garcia, Tyreke Evans, Kyle Weaver and Wright, who did it twice ~~

An MVP, Linsanity, a 10-year veteran, a Rookie of the Year and a guy who at least briefly played well for OKC: This is good company for Wright to keep. He was arguably a better college player than everyone on that list except Dwyane Wade, has held his own in Drew League and pickup games with his older brother Dorell's NBA friends for years, and should be able to contribute in a bench role immediately as a pro. Scouts have concerns over Wright's long-range shooting ability, due to his general reluctance to take threes, and the fact that he made just 22.6% of them as a junior, but I think it's a bit overblown. He shot 35.6% from deep as a senior and 83.5% from the free-throw line, which is relevant because it tends to correlate to distance-shooting success in the NBA."

The age thing doesn't bother me. Sure, as a senior, he has less potential for development, but should offer more substance from the get go. And it's not like he is old and only has a few years of shelf life. If we can get a solid backup PG for 10 years at 20th pick, then that is fantastic value imo.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Casey will not play a rookie, especially one who can't create his own shot. If MU doesn't get a PG, Lou if he re-signs or even Demar will be playing PG. Not sure if Wright as a rookie is better than Julyan Stone
          Exactly what I fear the second coming of Julyan Stone!
          Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

StaytheCourse wrote: View Post
            Exactly what I fear the second coming of Julyan Stone!
            Haha, that is crazy talk. Stone was inept on offence, Wright is not. He is a pass first PG who can hit his shots, but looks for others. How is that not a good thing? Or do people want another me-first player in the back-court?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

For what its worth, Casey says Wright was the guy all week that they were going with.

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              It's a draft pick. In the Summertime in Toronto we will beta the shit out of this now for the next 6 weeks. Hilarious

so my take on this guy;

Pro's

1. He is not coboclo. Period. No more gambles that take until the GM' contract is done to prove massive failures
              2. He's 24. Thank god. the biggest, and I mean HUGEST mistake is to call that "old". You don't age in people years, your prime is measured in "pro years" Don't mistake the two for being the same.
              3. 4 years in college. THIS might be one of the biggest things I am happy about. A guy that played for an NBA style coach in college, for 4 years, and will come into this league miles ahead of hlf the existing roster.
              4. His brother is already in the NBA. You can't buy that experience and guidance, you just can't. It's another big deal.
              5. Defence. He likes it. Period.

cons.

1. he can't shoot.

His maturity will no doubt be good currency in the locker room. He is not a project and I think will surprise some doubting Raptors fans early because they're used to their rookies being very raw. This guy isn't the classic Raptors' wild card pick.

There are many cases of guys coming into the league and then developing their offense. There are few examples of guys coming in and then developing their defense. For some reason on the defensive side of the ball if you don't have it before going to the pros you're unlikely to ever have.

Comment

Everything Delon Wright

Wright's shooting woes are overblown. We needed defence at the perimeter. John Wall being allowed to dance in the playoffs and the likes of a healthy Kyrie going through Raptor pylons means the team never gets out of the first round. Both Wright and Powell are good picks/fit for this team. Now, they just need to go and get Millsap and CoJo and this team will be better than last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                  Didnt we have a defensive stopper, who is a poor shooter, but efficient scorer, on the roster who warmed the bench for most of last year?
                  Big difference is that Wright is supposedly an excellent passer & natural distributor with really high BBIQ. Don't know that much about him, but he sounds a bit like Jason Kidd 2.0. It will be very interesting to see what happens to that natural BBIQ after one season under Casey.

I like the pick.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    For what its worth, Casey says Wright was the guy all week that they were going with.
                    Not sure that is a positive endorsement.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      Not sure that is a positive endorsement.
                      It's not a slight either. I don't care if Casey is gushing about him. Casey is on borrowed time.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Big difference is that Wright is supposedly an excellent passer & natural distributor with really high BBIQ. Don't know that much about him, but he sounds a bit like Jason Kidd 2.0. It will be very interesting to see what happens to that natural BBIQ after one season under Casey.

I like the pick.
                        Solid rebounder from the guard spot too.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I like the pick.
                          Excuse me sir, you're at a ten, we need you at about a six. Thanks.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            It's not a slight either. I don't care if Casey is gushing about him. Casey is on borrowed time.
                            Agreed.

Very happy with the pick. Not so happy about the coach.

Comment

If nothing else changes between now and November, very little will change next season. A rookie back up PG, playing 10-15 mpg will do virtually nothing for this team. He's not going to be the difference between us losing to or beating Wall and the Wiz.

Even if the kid plays more and is a able to lock down good PGs right off the bat, its the system thats truly broken and he will likely be less effective anyway.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                                If nothing else changes between now and November, very little will change next season. A rookie back up PG, playing 10-15 mpg will do virtually nothing for this team. He's not going to be the difference between us losing to or beating Wall and the Wiz.

Even if the kid plays more and is a able to lock down good PGs right off the bat, its the system thats truly broken and he will likely be less effective anyway.
                                They're selecting 20th. What did you really expect from this pick? There is a lot of time between now and November. This was one of many potential pieces to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X