No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This qualified as "breaking news" at the end of the Fan 8:00 sports update this morning. Of course, being a raptor fan, after hearing the lead "Breaking news, Raptor guard Norman Powell....", I was convinced that was going to end with "tore his achilles/failed his drug test/demanded a trade"....but, not the case. Well done Norman. And Masai.

Comment

• He will see some min. Injury will happen and he'll get a shot.
      Or Ross may crap to bed again.

TRex wrote: View Post
      Nope. 3rd string SG.

Comment

• Summer league super stardom, congrats! Now go sit on the bench.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in exhibition games against real NBA ballers. He passes the first test with flying colors though.

Comment

• The dude really does remind me a lot of Westbrook/Young D-Wade. Obviously in Summer League players like that can look a lot better than they actually are, especially with his physique and athletic gifts, but damn he's explosive.

Would be awesome to finally get a legit player out of a 2nd round pick. I think the closest we've come to that was trading down in 2005 to draft Ukic one spot after Monta Ellis -___-

Comment

• He was the sole First Team selection from his rookie class.
            http://www.nba.com/raptors/holly-blo...allstar-072015

Pretty interesting tidbit.

Comment

• Late to the party. I think Norman Powell... which I think a good nickname is "Powell Power." He is like a poor mans D-Wade or like Shannon Brown but shorter. He will be decent. I don't see him ever developing an amazing 3-point shot which makes him even more like Wade. Seeing his Draft Express videos he holds onto the shot till its after the apex of his jumper..... He is a good slasher that isn't afraid of contact. I like him.

That being said the things I don't like about him is his in-ability to see open teammates. It's good to play with a chip on his shoulder, but he didn't pass nearly enough for my liking. I think Delon should almost always take the court with this guy when they play in the league or the D-league. Cause he is the "Yang" to Delons "Ying". He brings the flash and the slashing while Delon plays so cool and calm and collected.

Also what happened to the Delon forum.
              Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Mon Jul 20, 2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                Late to the party. I think Norman Powell... which I think a good nickname is "Powell Power." He is like a poor mans D-Wade or like Shannon Brown but shorter. He will be decent. I don't see him ever developing an amazing 3-point shot like Wade. Seeing his Draft Express videos he holds onto the shot till its after the apex of his jumper..... He is a good slasher that isn't afraid of contact. I like him.

That being said the things I don't like about him is his in-ability to see open teammates. It's good to play with a chip on his shoulder, but he didn't pass nearly enough for my liking. I think Delon should almost always take the court with this guy when they play in the league or the D-league. Cause he is the "Yang" to Delons "Ying". He brings the flash and the slashing while Delon plays so cool and calm and collected.

DWade is a DeMar-esque 3PT shooter. He's 29% from 3 on his career and his best season he shot 31.7%

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  Late to the party. I think Norman Powell... which I think a good nickname is "Powell Power." He is like a poor mans D-Wade or like Shannon Brown but shorter. He will be decent. I don't see him ever developing an amazing 3-point shot like Wade. Seeing his Draft Express videos he holds onto the shot till its after the apex of his jumper..... He is a good slasher that isn't afraid of contact. I like him.

When did Wade develop an amazing 3pt shot? He is and has always been a terrible 3pt shooter (career .289).

Comment

• His nickname is Norm. Why would you want anything more than that? Stormin' Norman will be used (by Devlin) as well.

Comment

• Norm's 3-ball doesn't look broken either. He may never break 35% but he looks like he can keep defenses honest.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        DWade is a DeMar-esque 3PT shooter. He's 29% from 3 on his career and his best season he shot 31.7%
                        Sorry I mean to say... Similar to D-Wade I don't see him developing an amazing 3-point shot.

It came out wrong. I edited it to make it better.

Comment

• Just to let yall know that Stromin' Norman will be wearing #24 instead of #4.

Kobe said he's honored that Norman will wear his jersey #.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Just to let yall know that Stromin' Norman will be wearing #24 instead of #4.

Kobe said he's honored that Norman will wear his jersey #.
                            Kinda would've liked to see him go with 0 for some reason.

Comment

• quicker Wesley Matthews? recency bias?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• General Powell

Comment

Working...
                                X