X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop is laying on the charm....

POP: DON'T WAKE ME UP FOR FREE AGENCY
    NBA free agency starts at midnight tonight, but don't count Gregg Popovich among those to be making calls. The Spurs coach, 66, told the San Antonio Express-News: "I'm not calling anyone at midnight. I'll be in bed. And if that’s the difference in someone coming or not coming, then I don't want them.”

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Pop is laying on the charm....

NBA free agency starts at midnight tonight, but don't count Gregg Popovich among those to be making calls. The Spurs coach, 66, told the San Antonio Express-News: "I'm not calling anyone at midnight. I'll be in bed. And if that’s the difference in someone coming or not coming, then I don't want them.”
      It is hard as hell to not like Pops.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Pop is laying on the charm....

Just Is wrote: View Post
        It is hard as hell to not like Pops.

Comment

• LA will sign in LA. You heard it here first.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            LA will sign in LA. You heard it here first.
            Says the worlds largest kobe bryant fanboy
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              You're not challenging the legitimacy of it, you literally said "no way, not happening." Which is just ridiculous hyperbole. If we weren't among the teams he has announced he was going to talk to, then fine, I'd accept "no way, not happening", but since he did announce he was going to meet with us, you just come across as belligerent to anyone who lays out the reasons why we might be a good option (battered fan syndrome).
              FAs talk to teams all the time who don't really have a chance. There are various reasons for that.

If they're not a true contender then that's the same as having no chance, isn't it? The consistency is there in my posts, you're nitpicking here. The next big Raptors signing will be the first(unless you're including re-signing but that's a different matter).

Anyway, my preference is boiled or grilled, it's healthier.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Says the worlds largest kobe bryant fanboy
                I'm a Kobe Bryant fanboy bec i think Aldridge will sign in LA?

Its not even canada day yet and apparently Keon Clark is already drunk and stoned.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I'm a Kobe Bryant fanboy bec i think Aldridge will sign in LA?

Its not even canada day yet and apparently Keon Clark is already drunk and stoned.
                  Haha touche. I knew taking pot shots in two threads at once would end up going against me. I love this time of year.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If i'm LMA i'm thinking about the Primo $ from TO and all that free pasta
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Haha touche. I knew taking pot shots in two threads at once would end up going against me. I love this time of year.
                      Pot shots nice pun..

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        FAs talk to teams all the time who don't really have a chance. There are various reasons for that.

If they're not a true contender then that's the same as having no chance, isn't it? The consistency is there in my posts, you're nitpicking here. The next big Raptors signing will be the first(unless you're including re-signing but that's a different matter).

Anyway, my preference is boiled or grilled, it's healthier.

And the next big Spurs signing will be their first, that's why it's a stupid metric to look at. There just aren't enough big name free agents who change teams via actual free agency and not a trade.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                          I can't see him coming here. He'll go to San Antonio if he's smart. Championship.
                          I am certainly not a cap expert, but I don't think the Spurs have the money to offer him anything until a number of perfect storm things occur. They have to both shed a significant amount of salary AND have Duncan and Ginobli sign for way less than they are currently getting paid. And remember they both have already taken massive pay cuts in the past and this their last pay day.

Could obviously happen, but it will be much tougher to do than just signing him.

Comment

• Another potential disadvantage that the Spurs have is that Aldridge may prefer not to play at home. I'm not a professional athlete but I could imagine the pressure having to deal with family and friends on a daily basis.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              And the next big Spurs signing will be their first, that's why it's a stupid metric to look at. There just aren't enough big name free agents who change teams via actual free agency and not a trade.
                              Primer, it's only as stupid as the one using it. If you're having problems then that's something you should revisit on your own. Keep me out of it, along with the childish name calling.

I'm not saying this is as simple as if 'Team A' never signed a big free agent before then I can forecast 'Team A' never will sign a big free agent now.

What I'm telling you is that the Raptors never have landed a big name but also they've lost a large volume of their own guys to FA and historically the franchise has been pathetic for the most part. The Raptors have had a bad reputation for a long time.

The Spurs may not have been big players in FA before, but they've drafted well, retained their important players and have had huge success. They've not found themselves in a position to need to be big players in FA, nor able to act due to their cap being invested in their good players. When youre winning and contending each year why mess with what works?

This isn't a simple equation and I never claimed it was. Think again, Primer.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Primer, it's only as stupid as the one using it. If you're having problems then that's something you should revisit on your own. Keep me out of it, along with the childish name calling.

I'm not saying this is as simple as if 'Team A' never signed a big free agent before then I can forecast 'Team A' never will sign a big free agent now.

What I'm telling you is that the Raptors never have landed a big name but also they've lost a large volume of their own guys to FA and historically the franchise has been pathetic for the most part. The Raptors have had a bad reputation for a long time.

The Spurs may not have been big players in FA before, but they've drafted well, retained their important players and have had huge success. They've not found themselves in a position to need to be big players in FA, nor able to act due to their cap being invested in their good players. When youre winning and contending each year why mess with what works?

This isn't a simple equation and I never claimed it was. Think again, Primer.

I assumed when you said "no way, not happening" about signing Aldridge that you had made the very complex equation a simple one.

It was a pretty damn annoying response to a player saying he wants to meet with us during free agency. Our history under Masai, which is really all that matters, is a history of two playoff berths, two division titles, record amount of wins, and retaining every key free agent we've had. There are lots and lots of signs our reputation around the league has changed under Masai and Leiweke to a very positive rep. Blatantly ignoring all of that, and making the weird assertion that we can't sign a free agent until we've signed a free agent, is just silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X