This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    It is and this is why I think Farid is great. His contract is a bargain with all these new contracts that are being thrown around.
    I think a lot of people think the same, that is why maybe the best thing Raptors can do is just move on. Once this free agency madness ends, a lot of GMs will focus on Faried and Lawson.
    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Right, because 2 years has no impact on a 40 year old man, lol.
      The effect is negotiated by the growth of guys like Green, K.L. ... Are you really trying to argue that Raptors have a better future than SA with straight face ?? You must be kidding me here

Comment

The effect is negotiated by the growth of guys like Green, K.L. ... Are you really trying to argue that Raptors have a better future than SA with straight face ?? You must be kidding me here
        Please show me where I said anything about the Raptors' future.

I'm just saying that I don't get why anyone would choose a 4-year deal with the aging Spurs. They're only going to get worse, not better.

Comment

I'm just saying that I don't get why anyone would choose a 4-year deal with the aging Spurs. They're only going to get worse, not better.
          Joining the Spurs means maximizing your chances to win rings. Even if it's a very short window. Like a year. If LMA signs with Spurs, I don't see anyone standing in their way to the championship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Monroe did it quietly. Tired of hearing every thought out of every meeting. It looks like its either Spurs or Portland
            Well, to be fair the noise you are hearing is coming from reporters who are trying to make a story out of it. Nothing has actually come from the mouth of the man. It was a little different from Howard, who seemed to want to talk to reporters every time. Actually it was similar to Carmelo too.

LMA has been pretty respectful to each of the teams he's heard from and hasn't been sharing his thoughts directly with anyone.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

It is and this is why I think Farid is great. His contract is a bargain with all these new contracts that are being thrown around.
              Faried should go to a contender. Or do you think he should come to a franchise that has 2 win in the play offs !!!
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Why ? I said it multiple times. Because the "aging" Spurs have a SF like KL which is a star in the making. They have a SG in Green which is very reliable. Their PG. Parker is not old and can still play ,many years and have a coach who some argue is the best coach in the league.

But the most important thing when it comes to SA, is their ability to find gems and develop those players over the years.

*** I know these facts are hard for some fans to accept but these are facts. I remember, few years ago, some fans here were arguing that A.D. is not much better than J.V. and will struggle as much as J.V. Do you remember that Nilanka ? ***
                Last edited by McRealistic; Fri Jul 3, 2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Houston's got a lot of cap clearing to do. Dallas lost everyone. I'd say we're still one of the top 3 candidates to land him.

1. SA
                  2. POR
                  3. T-Dot (Easiest path to finals)
                  I guess you hit the post button after the last guy posted the tweet that Aldridge didn't see this team as a team on the cusp.

Why does everyone think we have the easiest path to the finals? You guys understand why they say the East is easier, right?

Here's the reason: the teams aren't very good. That includes us, guys. The Raptors are in the East and contribute directly to the East being weak.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Faried should go to a contender. Or do you think he should come to a franchise that has 2 win in the play offs !!!

It is called trade and not FA Farid does not have much saying in it but if you ask him, he would rather be some where that he has a chance of wining. He can make that choice when he become a FA as well.

Comment

You're right, Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard are going to replace the impact of Tim Duncan, Ginobli, and the once-healthy Parker (who's play has fallen off for two straight years and likely isn't coming back - the former Finals MVP and a guy who once averaged 28ppg in a playoff series got completely shut down by the Clippers, and no one was even that surprised).

I know "don't bet against the Spurs" has been an NBA axiom, but the last 16 years have been built on Duncan and Pops. Maaayyyybeee Pops sticks around for a few years after Duncan, but I think the most likely outcome is to see them both gone in a year.

Comment

It is called trade and not FA Farid does not have much saying in it but if you ask him, he would rather be some where that he has a chance of wining. He can make that choice when he become a FA as well.
                        smh I could have a more effective conversation with my coffee mug right now.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                          Joining the Spurs means maximizing your chances to win rings. Even if it's a very short window. Like a year. If LMA signs with Spurs, I don't see anyone standing in their way to the championship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          If I were LA I would sign a one year + player option year deal with the Spurs then sign a max under the higher cap next summer (with whatever team). Get a crack at the playoffs with SA in 2015/16, a chance to see if they're worth sticking with beyond the short term, and get more pay.

Comment

Why ? I said it multiple times. Because the "aging" Spurs have a SF like KL which is a star in the making. They have a SG in Green which is very reliable. Their PG. Parker is not old and can still play ,many years and have a coach who some argue is the best coach in the league.

But the most important thing when it comes to SA, is their ability to find gems and develop those players over the years.

*** I know these facts are hard for some fans to accept but these are facts. I remember, few years ago, some fans here were arguing that A.D. is not much better than J.V. and will struggle as much as J.V. Do you remember that Nilanka ? ***
                            SA has been good for so long because they've had generational talents (Robinson & Duncan), solid role players, and one of the best coaches of all time (who got those role players to buy into his system).

The point people are trying to make is that possibly as early as the 2016-2017 season, Popovich, Duncan, Ginobli and Parker could all be gone.

A team with Leonard & Green as the core, with an unproven coach, is suddenly the legendary Spurs no longer.

Comment

• I think the funny thing is that LMA probably went through all his interviews, realized Toronto was the best fit and thought "hey..that can't be right?!". So off he went on a reset to see the Lakers again with revised expectations. It's been over reviewed on the this form but if he's really looking for a good fit, what team other team is set at the 1.2.3 & 5 and is just looking for him to slot in at the 4 for a realistic shot at the conference final?. Not definitely the conf finals but a shot. I guess Houston, and to a lesser extent PHX, is in that category but there's just so much competition in the west...and I'm not sure they have the room.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                smh I could have a more effective conversation with my coffee mug right now.
                                The feeling is mutual and hence this is my last reply to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X