This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Interesting twist. Phoenix looked like as much of an outsider as the Raps when the list was first announced. Sure, now they have Chandler. The weather is nice in Phoenix and they have that witchcraft of prolonging careers. But, if LMA is really making a basketball decision...we must be close to their level. Interesting times. Might it come down to playing next to JV vs playing next to Chandler?
    So are the Suns dumping Bledsoe or going after FA. So confusing

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Interesting twist. Phoenix looked like as much of an outsider as the Raps when the list was first announced. Sure, now they have Chandler. The weather is nice in Phoenix and they have that witchcraft of prolonging careers. But, if LMA is really making a basketball decision...we must be close to their level. Interesting times. Might it come down to playing next to JV vs playing next to Chandler?
      Or playing in the East vs the West.. I love that the Raptors are really the only team in the East pining for him (NY doesn't count).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Or playing in the East vs the West.. I love that the Raptors are really the only team in the East pining for him (NY doesn't count).
        That is indeed our trump card, if we still have a shot.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          No point. There's really no point in it for most teams.

No matter what is going to be offered; GS will match it. It's pretty much a waste of time for teams unless they've already struck out.
          The only reason he hasn't gotten a max yet is because nobody wants their hands tied for three days while GS waits till the last second to match.

He'll get his max offer once a lot of other pieces are off the board.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            No point. There's really no point in it for most teams.

No matter what is going to be offered; GS will match it. It's pretty much a waste of time for teams unless they've already struck out.
            There's always a point. I believe in sticking it to other teams, making them pay as much as possible to keep their guys. The competition doesn't end when the players walk off the court.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              The only reason he hasn't gotten a max yet is because nobody wants their hands tied for three days while GS waits till the last second to match.

He'll get his max offer once a lot of other pieces are off the board.
              Pretty much this. There's no point to tie the money up with a free agent that you know the value is going to be matched for.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Idk if Raps have talked to LMA yet, but we can really make a great pitch. Got a very nice team around him with an all-star backcourt, 3+D wing, and legitimate double-double center with all-star potential. Not to mention what could round out into a nice bench and the ability to swing trades with numerous assets while also being a player in 2016 FA.

Then you've got the big market factor, advantage of exclusivity with Canadian endorsements and the fact that we were already one of the best teams in the east without him, and would likely be ECF locks with him in tow. Even the Spurs cannot give him a better assurance of a conference finals trip (especially not multiple ones), as they are in the gauntlet that is the West.

Comment

• hasn't said who is source is yet, but was retweeted by Alex Kennedy so I'd assume there is a little smoke here.

Comment

• He's smart to take the Spurs if that's his choice. They have a lot to offer and with that management he can count on a competitive team around him year over year.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

hasn't said who is source is yet, but was retweeted by Alex Kennedy so I'd assume there is a little smoke here.
                      I also read that he's still planning to see the Knicks tomorrow.. so who knows if its true or not.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

hasn't said who is source is yet, but was retweeted by Alex Kennedy so I'd assume there is a little smoke here.
                        Timing doesn't really make sense. He met with the Suns, tweets came out that they made a favorable impression, and then shortly after that a tweet comes out that he's already made a decision? I'll take Stein's tweet over this one, which indicates he's still considering options. Besides, lots of people are going to say that he's going to sign with the most obvious option, just so they can say that they were right when it happens. And San Antonio is clearly the most obvious option.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          Timing doesn't really make sense. He met with the Suns, tweets came out that they made a favorable impression, and then shortly after that a tweet comes out that he's already made a decision? I'll take Stein's tweet over this one, which indicates he's still considering options. Besides, lots of people are going to say that he's going to sign with the most obvious option, just so they can say that they were right when it happens. And San Antonio is clearly the most obvious option.
                          Yeah. No way does he make his actual decision before meeting every team (even if he already knows where he's going).
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just watching the live coverage on NBAtv. They just listed all of his meetings so far but only up to Phoenix. It may be because they are talking to a phoenix beat reporter. It may be that they forgot Toronto existed. More likely, I guess this is all going down in Los Angeles (too many "LA" acronyms) so it's not even 6pm there. I'll have to double check where the Carroll family instagram was taken. Is the whole crew going west? Stay tuned...

Comment

• Yeah, our meeting is very likely still upcoming. Still holding out hope Masai can manage the impossible.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A sign and trade could be done for sure. With 8.9M in cap room (assuming backloading for Carroll) and up to 10.9M if the cap jumps a little as expected, to offer a max deal for Aldridge (19.5M if the cap creeps up) we'd simply need to send 8.6M in salary their way in a sign and trade. I imagine they'd be open to a return for Aldridge (who is leaving anyway) along the lines of Patterson, JJ or Ross, and a couple first rounders (our 2016 and LAC 2017). That's a nice return on a sign and trade for an unrestricted free agent. If that fails or they are playing hardball, separate deals could be found for Patterson (to Magic? They liked him last summer and have been striking out this summer), and JJ or Ross (shouldn't be hard to find one taker for one of them). Then we sign him outright and Portland gets nothing, so I'd imagine the sign and trade would go off without a hitch.

So salary is probably not the concern - have to sell Aldridge. That's the tricky bit.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X