This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    So, should we pack Maple Leafs Square with 5000 fans to convince LMA to come?
    I like it, let's give him a good whiff of desperation

Comment

Insane that we're even on that list. I don't want to be that "hey, isn't it great that we got invited to the party" guy but....isn't it great that we got invited to the party? Culture change! It's here. Need proof?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...in-free-agency

Specifically,
      "Weather and a tough tax system have impacted free agent interest before, but Toronto would provide a middle-ground between small-market Portland and teams like the Lakers and Knicks whose media scrutiny and overwhelming fanbase create high-pressure fishbowls for some personalities. Aldridge is said to be much more relaxed and laid back, but is clearly looking for a place where his star can shine brighter on a team with a realistic chance at a title.

There's no frontcourt logjam like there is with Dallas and Dirk Nowitzki in Toronto, nor is Lowry a star that will outshine Aldridge like Kobe Bryant in LA or Carmelo Anthony in New York. The Raptors have a stunningly passionate fanbase, and their ownership group, Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment, has pumped a lot of money into the franchise to upgrade its resources and facilities.

Usually the initial answer to everything from Toronto is "no" but it does appear that may be changing. Aldridge would do well to consider the Raptors a serious option as a landing spot that fits a lot of his interests on and off the court."

That's from CBS Matt Moore. Remember him? Get it done ����������

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Insane that we're even on that list. I don't want to be that "hey, isn't it great that we got invited to the party" guy but....isn't it great that we got invited to the party? Culture change! It's here. Need proof?

Specifically,
        "Weather and a tough tax system have impacted free agent interest before, but Toronto would provide a middle-ground between small-market Portland and teams like the Lakers and Knicks whose media scrutiny and overwhelming fanbase create high-pressure fishbowls for some personalities. Aldridge is said to be much more relaxed and laid back, but is clearly looking for a place where his star can shine brighter on a team with a realistic chance at a title.

There's no frontcourt logjam like there is with Dallas and Dirk Nowitzki in Toronto, nor is Lowry a star that will outshine Aldridge like Kobe Bryant in LA or Carmelo Anthony in New York. The Raptors have a stunningly passionate fanbase, and their ownership group, Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment, has pumped a lot of money into the franchise to upgrade its resources and facilities.

Usually the initial answer to everything from Toronto is "no" but it does appear that may be changing. Aldridge would do well to consider the Raptors a serious option as a landing spot that fits a lot of his interests on and off the court."

Who cares about LA and Dallas and whoever else. Spurs are the team we need to be competing with.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Specifically,

I'd putting us second behind SA

SA's going to be damn hard to beat

If I was Lamarcus, I wouldn't even think twice - I 'd be signing with SA at 12:01

So why the dog and pony?

Will SA try and lowball him a little?

Is the dog and pony just to drive up the price?
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Wow, I bet LMA really regrets meeting with Toronto. Raptors fans are really close to stalking and boiling one of his pets

Comment

hopefully SA cheaps out a bit
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                There is no better team for him to join in the east.

Boston or New York? Not better..... Possibly even with him for Boston and definitely not better with NY.
                Love 2 c Aldridge in Raptors uniform,brings back memories...

I wanted Aldridge 2 get drafted by raptors and not Banana,I might of been the only raptor who wanted it, but everyone thought banana was gonna b Dirk..lol..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                  I could see him wanting to leave the West, and we're the best option for him in the East.

Frontcourt rotation of LMA, JV, 2Pat and JJ would be awesome.
                  What is Wizards' current cap situation?

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                    hopefully SA cheaps out a bit
                    I think the Raps should make a play and offer max money to Kawhi Leonard. To force SA to go over the luxury tax to compensate Leonard but IDK if Masai is that shrewd.

I don't think the Spurs can afford Leonard + LMA plus bring back Gin + Duncan. Thats way too much money. It would put them way over the luxury tax to have all those guys on their roster.

The worst could case scenario is we steal Leonard from them. OR we secure the possibility of getting LMA on our team.
                    Last edited by BS10; Mon Jun 29, 2015, 11:57 PM.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      What is Wizards' current cap situation?
                      Probably can't make a max offer as Gortat and Nene are both making over 11M next year.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Yup, that doesn't reek of desperate fans looking for love
                        No chance love is coming here... We're looking for Aldridge man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          No chance love is coming here... We're looking for Aldridge man

dream is over. LMA will either sign with SAS or a 5 yr deal with portland

Comment

Source? Or just pessimistic speculation on your part?

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Aldridge is good, but raps fans have never talked all that highly of him in the past... nothing past "oh he's a second tier guy....Bosh is better etc" Now his name is mentioned in the same sentence as the Raptors and were talking him up like he's the next wilt.

Love it.

That said, dude is a massive upgrade over Amir.... but, will he see the ball? Will the chuckers even look at him?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                dream is over. LMA will either sign with SAS or a 5 yr deal with portland
                                The source is bleacher report...
                                And I don't believe the report. B/R also said previously that it's 99.9% that he would leave the blazers. Why does he have so many meetings scheduled then?

Anything can change in the meetings. If MU and TL (and Drake) can leave a lasting impression, I still think we got a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X