This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
    You can maybe, just maybe get one of them, not both. On the other hand, D-Mo might be available next summer as FA (RFA), because I'm pretty sure they're gonna go after another superstar and won't have enough money to keep him.
    Btw, there are so many reports on various players and teams, but no rumors about Denver. They're like super quite. And they want to trade like 2-4 players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yea i just looked at their payroll and they surprisingly have enough to afford to get LMA if they wanted to but they'd have to sacrifice one guy off their bench. T. Jones is the more expensive of the two surprisingly, and I think they'd be fine to let go of him because they'd be getting LMA.

I think Denver is waiting for the storm of free agents to be over so their guys look more attractive for the teams that lost out on the bigger names. Their players aren't exactly the most marquee names in the league. I expect them to start dealing when all the Tier 1 and Tier 2 level players are gone.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      For me.. its a no brainer to go to Houston. If you look at the long term outlook of that team.. its amazing.
      Houston has a lot going for it, for sure.

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      I love SA and Dallas, but after Dirk and Duncan retire the teams are going south.
      Both those teams would be appealing if he wants to be the man. He knows ownership is going to do everything possible to win in both cities and both cities have won titles fairly recently. If any teams can rebuild on the fly its these two.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Houston has a lot going for it, for sure.

Both those teams would be appealing if he wants to be the man. He knows ownership is going to do everything possible to win in both cities and both cities have won titles fairly recently. If any teams can rebuild on the fly its these two.
        With Kawhi and Green in the fold long term the Spurs have a nice foundation, and Parker still has a few years left in the tank. The fact we haven't heard a peep about Joseph tells me the Spurs will bring him back but want him to wait until the LMA saga resolves. If they get LMA and keep Joseph, they'll continue to be a top contender even when Duncan retires. This all assumes Pop sticks around though. Atlanta stole the heir apparent in Budenholzer, so the Spurs will probably be fucked whenever Pop decides to retire.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          This all assumes Pop sticks around though. Atlanta stole the heir apparent in Budenholzer, so the Spurs will probably be fucked whenever Pop decides to retire.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
            Messina wouldn't be a bad replacement, they just need to hang on to him until Pop calls it quits, which may be tough. He seems like the top head coach candidate whenever a vacancy comes up.

Comment

• This adds a little more to the story. Aldridge is chasing a ring first and foremost.

Good night, Raptors.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                From a hindsight perspective, let's say LMA picked the Raptors.

He'd be hounded year after year when Dallas, San Antonio and Houston are just 'a piece away' from reaching the NBA Finals (or from winning it all).

Easier to pick a team that has a winning tradition.

No one is going to be saying, 4 years from now, "Wow, imagine if LMA had signed with Raptors, what a dynasty that would have been..."
                Houston's got a lot of cap clearing to do. Dallas lost everyone. I'd say we're still one of the top 3 candidates to land him.

1. SA
                2. POR
                3. T-Dot (Easiest path to finals)

Comment

• A little off topic about Messina. I read that he would leave Spurs if someone would offer him a HC position. That dude knows how to coach + spent some time as Pop's assistant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Dallas should be off is list now
                    I really don't think he would play Robin to James harden like lillard in Portland

His only options now are the Spurs, Suns (with an aging Tyson Chandler)
                    And the raptors (meeting went well. Who knows but I do know for sure we have a much better chance than we did a week ago).

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Houston's got a lot of cap clearing to do. Dallas lost everyone. I'd say we're still one of the top 3 candidates to land him.

1. SA
                      2. POR
                      3. T-Dot (Easiest path to finals)
                      I hope LMA chooses Houston, so that we can help them get cap space by taking on Jones. I'm running out of PF targets.

Comment

• I think it's Houston or SA for Aldridge now.

Comment

• If Toronto was located in Texas, and we were in the eastern conference LMA would sign here no doubt

Comment

• I was listening to a Zach Lowe podcast with Marc Stein yesterday and they were discussing how the Clippers just getting a meeting with Lebron in 2010 helped change the perception around the league regarding the Clippers and free agency. Hopefully this meeting helped a little with our reputation which, right or wrong, still isn't great.

Comment

• Good point but its not over yet, we still have hope

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                                If Toronto was located in Texas, and we were in the eastern conference LMA would sign here no doubt
                                But then we'd all be married to first cousins and carrying guns with no healthcare

Comment

Working...
                                X