No announcement yet.

Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting statistic about Ross' shooting was he shot 44% on contested 3PA, but 35% on open 3s.

Dude needs a psychiatrist
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      By sendn ing Ross to the bench and playing Caroll as SF the Raps immediately improved.
      Does it move the dial enough to get the Raptors into the 2nd or 3rd rounds though? That's what really matters.

Comment

• Ross shouldn't even be playing SF. Carroll's an upgrade. Period.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Does it move the dial enough to get the Raptors into the 2nd or 3rd rounds though? That's what really matters.
          no guarantee, but i think we certainly have that kind of potential
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            JJ is a good wing rebounder too. the problem is the scrambling pulling bigs out of position or forcing guards boxing out forwards
            This. So much this. I don't think people realize how much of an influence this was.

Axel wrote: View Post
            Only caveat on the signing is this small ball plan with Carroll at PF. That concerns me. He's a great addition but why put him out of position.
            Regardless of what you think of Ross, he's at BEST small ball SF or a SG who can guard SFs that aren't too much stronger than him. Casey played actually played Ross at PF. I don't think you need much more than that as evidence to lend some credience to that tweet but, seriously, if we signed him to play PF than that is so incredibly dumb and Casey is blackmailing someone.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            An interesting statistic about Ross' shooting was he shot 44% on contested 3PA, but 35% on open 3s.

Dude needs a psychiatrist
            That's too large of an actual difference to just be a statistical anomoly. How is this even possible? That's insane.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• That Stat just shows how mentally fucked Ross is lol. How can you shoot 9% higher on contested 3s? Geezus!
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                By sendn ing Ross to the bench and playing Caroll as SF the Raps immediately improved.
                By bench you mean to Houston right? Lol

#Ross4Jones
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• Even if I think the contract is bad, and I have my doubts about him sustaining his performance with the Hawks long-term, I admit it will be nice to watch Carroll instead of Ross in the starting line-up. Dude's obviously a way better player and a great fit.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    That Stat just shows how mentally fucked Ross is lol. How can you shoot 9% higher on contested 3s? Geezus!
                    It's the DeRozan factor
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Trade DD for LMA and put Ross at the 2

Comment

• This move, on its own diesnt make sense to me.

I know what carroll can contribute and i lovr it, but carrolle would not have done as well the last year or two if not for the presence of millsap and horford. Hell even korver demands defensive coverage.

We are still just looking like a wibg dominate offense that is gonna be demar derozan jacking 20 long twos, lowry taking his 16 and carroll trying to create his own shot which is not his strong suit.

It is a MUST that we add a true legitamate pf threat to draw defenses in and allow for kick out.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Trade DD for LMA and put Ross at the 2
                          I am glad you posted!

I agree

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
                            This move, on its own diesnt make sense to me.

I know what carroll can contribute and i lovr it, but carrolle would not have done as well the last year or two if not for the presence of millsap and horford. Hell even korver demands defensive coverage.

We are still just looking like a wibg dominate offense that is gonna be demar derozan jacking 20 long twos, lowry taking his 16 and carroll trying to create his own shot which is not his strong suit.

It is a MUST that we add a true legitamate pf threat to draw defenses in and allow for kick out.
                            We need more balance personally

Lowry + DD currently need the ball in their hands all the time to be effective.

JV needs the ball more because he is so efficient

If we add LA, one of the above 3 need to go to spread the offense around a bit or we will end up with a crappy situation

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

If we add LA, one of the above 3 need to go to spread the offense around a bit or we will end up with a crappy situation
                              get LMA and give him the ball and tell everybody to shut the fuck up about it

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

were probably not gonna add LA.

also team usa derozan was pretty good, playing with a lot of ball dominant players
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X