Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    I seem to remember him playing through a knee injury (maybe slightly torn ligaments) in the eastern confrence finals. Perhaps it wasnt handled correctly?
    yeah, we are at wild speculation point right now. it could go all the way back. i remember in the summer/preseason we were getting the "better than advertised" speeches from casey but that was before the rigors of the season started. i have to assume he knew he would be coming in for heavy minutes and the regular season is the first "real" test his knee has had since the lebroning of the playoffs.

the one phrase that really gets me is the "i had a talk with my agent" that, to me, sounds like someone who feels bad he tricked the team into thinking he was healthy or feels the team might have tricked him into thinking something different was coming up for him.

again, wild speculation

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      i hope so too. wild speculation but it could sound like the "if only you knew" could be something he thinks the team has done to his detriment.
      Maybe...

I would assume he's just talking about the discomfort though. as in "you've no idea how much pain there is".

We're all just speculating though.
      Either way though, it's a bad sign.

Comment

• god damnit...depending on what he had done we are looking at a return of anywhere from 4 weeks to 1 year.

I'm really curious as to why all the secrecy.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I'm really curious as to why all the secrecy.
          You know how we Raptors do.

Comment

• un-fucking-believable
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• It's for the best in my opinion (not that he's injured but that's it being taken care of). Better for the team and the player than having a 50-75% Carroll coming and going the rest of the season.

Edit: Considering what he's dealt with, it's pretty believable.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• my hope is...this is a win for everyone.

being off his feet will fix the plantar facia

getting the knee taken care of will allow him to come back and hopefully perform at a high level.

It will give us a chance to showcase Ross before the trade deadline.

It will give us a chance to showcase James Johnson before the trade deadline.

It might even allow minutes for Powell to see what we have there.

HOPEFULLY we have him back by the beginning of march and healthy by the end of march.
                Last edited by thead; Wed Jan 6, 2016, 12:42 PM.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• shitty webmd who-knows-if-its-true timetable for arthroscopic surgery (feel free if someone knows better and can correct):

What To Expect After Surgery
                  Your surgeon may recommend that you do not move your knee more than absolutely necessary (immobilization) for 2 weeks after surgery. This may be followed by 2 weeks of limited motion before you are able to resume daily activities. Physical therapy should begin right after surgery. But heavy stresses, such as running and squats, should be postponed for some months. You must follow your doctor's rehabilitation (rehab) plan for optimum healing. Afterwards, you may still continue to have pain and require more physical therapy or, sometimes, additional surgery.
                  so basically, he wont be playing for several months at the very least.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    shitty webmd who-knows-if-its-true timetable for arthroscopic surgery (feel free if someone knows better and can correct):

so basically, he wont be playing for several months at the very least.
                    It depends on what they did while they were in there. If they just cleaned a few things up it could be early march...if they repaired meniscus it could be season ending

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cEToH7VZZ8

Comment

• fuck eh
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

un-fucking-believable
                          Bad news for Carroll, but for some reason the first image that came to my mind when I read this was Ross standing there with his usual sleepy look, unaware of MU standing behind him with a gun to his head, news comes in of Carroll's surgery, MU uncocks the gun, disappears into the night...

Guess we can take Ross out of any potential trades now

Now I get to listen to everyone complain about Carroll being out of the line up and Casey STILL won't give youngin's any minutes, sigh.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

fuck eh
                            That was his left knee in the clip. Tweet says right knee.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• surgery was on the right knee?

didn't he hurt the left one in the playoffs?

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                That was his left knee in the clip. Tweet says right knee.
                                great so he has 2 bum knees

Comment

Working...
                                X