Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    It is possible they miss the playoffs with Carroll sitting. It is also possible they miss the playoffs with Carroll playing. As such it is irrelevant what is possible.

What is relevant is whether an expectation is reasonable, and I think the expectation that our chances of making the playoffs will be largely unaffected by a two-three week stretch of JJ instead of Carroll is perfectly reasonable.
    The question of how much he can contribute at (say) 80% is quite debatable, I think. (Though I think that the team would be worse off).

But he might need to sit for 3 or 4 months (i.e. the off-season) to cure this ... while the chances of his injury worsening by playing may be small. Without knowing what the doctors have said, it's hard to second-guess the coach/manager.
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Dec 7, 2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      The question of how much he can contribute at (say) 80% is quite debatable, I think. (Though I think that the team would be worse off).

But he might need to sit for 3 or 4 months (i.e. the off-season) to cure this ... while the chances of his injury worsening by playing may be small. Without knowing what the doctors have said, it's hard to second-guess the coach/manager.
      Pretty easy actually. Just using last year alone: Amir. Lowry.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• If Ross is the new Bargnani. Is Carroll the new Turkoglu? i gotta be honest, i'm not impressed with what i've been seeing, even BEFORE the injury. Now according to reports he's out indefinitely. Yikes.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Carroll is out indefinitely with a knee contusion?

Comment

• "indefinitely".... that scares me.

But we've been better on both sides of the court with Carroll on the bench so far this season so in terms of immediate impact, this won't be too damaging if JJ gets an uptick in minutes (...ha).

Comment

• Carroll should sit for about a month
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                If Ross is the new Bargnani. Is Carroll the new Turkoglu? i gotta be honest, i'm not impressed with what i've been seeing, even BEFORE the injury. Now according to reports he's out indefinitely. Yikes.
                Turkoglu gave zero fucks and tbh was very overrated in Orlando to begin with. Carroll is a hard worker, and can be very efficient and productive in the right system. The problem is our piss-poor ball movement makes it hard for a guy like him who relies on effective ball movement in order to be effective himself.

Comment

• ^ tl:dr

"ball"

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Carroll should sit for about a month
                    Yeah, probably.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      If Ross is the new Bargnani. Is Carroll the new Turkoglu? i gotta be honest, i'm not impressed with what i've been seeing, even BEFORE the injury. Now according to reports he's out indefinitely. Yikes.
                      TR will get his chance. Let's hope he takes advantage of it.

Comment

• Give the time to JJ if Carroll's out, not Ross.

In fact, send Ross to the DL & play Powell at SG. Maybe call up Bruno if JJ & Norman aren't doing it alone.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I
                          DanH wrote: View Post
                          It is possible they miss the playoffs with Carroll sitting. It is also possible they miss the playoffs with Carroll playing. As such it is irrelevant what is possible.

What is relevant is whether an expectation is reasonable, and I think the expectation that our chances of making the playoffs will be largely unaffected by a two-three week stretch of JJ instead of Carroll is perfectly reasonable.
                          This topic is worthy of consideration. Most likely we will make playoffs even with DC out with injury. My concern is getting enough games with DC and JV back. If we miss the playoffs this season will be a catastrophic failure.

Comment

• He needs the chance to rest,heal and close the season strong

Comment

• Biyombo-Scola-JJ-Derozan-Lowry lineup? good bye spacing. Literally just pack the paint.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Biyombo-Scola-JJ-Derozan-Lowry lineup? good bye spacing. Literally just pack the paint.
                                Yeah but what idiot would actually put that lineup out there?

Oh, right...
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X