Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Except on the Raptors, where the players do whatever they want and the coach gets blamed for it.
    I would accept that reply with or without a pink font!

Comment

• And george is bigger than carroll:

Through his four completed seasons with Indiana, George had grown accustomed to a shot going up and letting the bigs battle and box out. Then with his athleticism and quickness, George would swoop in and grab the rebound. Not so now. “Can’t do that at the four spot,” George said. “These guys are strong, they’re big. It’s almost like I’m just trying to keep them on my back but they got me in size. That’s the toughest part.” – via Indianapolis Star
      Paul George, Indiana Pacers

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        And george is bigger than carroll:

Through his four completed seasons with Indiana, George had grown accustomed to a shot going up and letting the bigs battle and box out. Then with his athleticism and quickness, George would swoop in and grab the rebound. Not so now. “Can’t do that at the four spot,” George said. “These guys are strong, they’re big. It’s almost like I’m just trying to keep them on my back but they got me in size. That’s the toughest part.” – via Indianapolis Star
        Paul George, Indiana Pacers
        George needs to pound some rocks to get stronger

-DC

Comment

• Paul George is WAY softer compared to JYD2.0
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Paul George is WAY softer compared to JYD2.0
            Based on eye test anyway.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              Based on eye test anyway.
              Based on his attitude as well too from that quote. I can never see JYD2.O back down from any challenge.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Thankfully we won't have to wait long to find out if Carroll is going to be guarding Blake Griffin type PF's. I suspect he may get matched up with players like Draymond Green or Paul George when, but not against the bullies of the league.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Paul George is WAY softer compared to JYD2.0
                  SOFT/HARD means nothing when you're going NIGHT IN/NIGHT OUT down a few inches and 40 pounds.

Paying a premier 3 and perimeter D $15m per year to bang with the bigs is genius.

DC = Disciple of Casey

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Thankfully we won't have to wait long to find out if Carroll is going to be guarding Blake Griffin type PF's. I suspect he may get matched up with players like Draymond Green or Paul George when, but not against the bullies of the league.
                    Exactly.

He'll have more success on CP3 than Griffin.

Comment

• Sure, he could play "PF" against a Green, George, LeBron, Melo, etc...but that's matching SF to SF. Atlanta would not use him to go small at the 4 against a bigger player. Regardless of situation, they would use their actual bigger players on bigger players. Millsap played the 4. And when they wanted a tweener forward to sub in, they used Mike Scott as a stretch/small ball 4. He was their situational guy to fit those matchups, where he could sub in for Carroll against bigger 3s, or sub in for Millsap to keep that stretch 4 dynamic out on the court to pull bigs away from the basket.

Carroll played pretty much exclusively in the role of a SF. I don't like the idea of forcing him out of that.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Sure, he could play "PF" against a Green, George, LeBron, Melo, etc...but that's matching SF to SF. Atlanta would not use him to go small at the 4 against a bigger player. Regardless of situation, they would use their actual bigger players on bigger players. Millsap played the 4. And when they wanted a tweener forward to sub in, they used Mike Scott as a stretch/small ball 4. He was their situational guy to fit those matchups, where he could sub in for Carroll against bigger 3s, or sub in for Millsap to keep that stretch 4 dynamic out on the court to pull bigs away from the basket.

Carroll played pretty much exclusively in the role of a SF. I don't like the idea of forcing him out of that.
                        It's going to be the same story in Toronto. When the situation calls for it, Carroll will be moved to the PF slot to guard another SF playing in that position. All this talk about him being a 4 exclusively is rubbish.

You don't spend big bucks on a porche and drive around in it at a monster truck rally.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          It's going to be the same story in Toronto. When the situation calls for it, Carroll will be moved to the PF slot to guard another SF playing in that position. All this talk about him being a 4 exclusively is rubbish.

You don't spend big bucks on a porche and drive around in it at a monster truck rally.
                          Well, you can understand why people are apprehensive whenever Casey opens his mouth about something like this. It's not at all a stretch to see Casey quickly throw that logic out the window....

I can see the progression now....Carroll being used for biggers 3s to start the season and never playing the "4" in other situations...Casey overreacting to stretch 4s success against a Scola or Pat, and moving one of them out/over to put Carroll at the 4 against guys like Bosh, Millsap, Anderson, Dirk, etc...Casey figuring he likes Carroll's speed at the 4 for his "scramble" D (how long will the new system last if Casey panics?) and starts using lineups with him consistently matched up against regular 4s for big chunks of every game....

Comment

• Paul George at the 4 full time probably is not a good idea but Paul George is still soft.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wait, what exactly makes Paul George soft?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Wait, what exactly makes Paul George soft?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                http://www.soap.com/p/downy-fabric-s...il-fresh-65612
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X