power forward prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Several million short, as if we keep Ridnour we have that much less cap space. We have 10.6M or so IF we waive Ridnour. So we're about 5 million short.
    So how many players do the Raptors need to sign with their $10.6 million? Eight players return from last year's team, one has been added, DeMarre Carroll, and there is one draft pick, Delon Wright. That leaves five empty roster spots if Ridnour is traded or waived. That's a lot of roster spots for such a small amount of cap space. And there is still only one power forward on the team as of this moment.

A trade could bring in multiple players, similar to the Rudy Gay trade in December 2013. That is something to keep an eye out for.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
      So how many players do the Raptors need to sign with their $10.6 million? Eight players return from last year's team, one has been added, DeMarre Carroll, and there is one draft pick, Delon Wright. That leaves five empty roster spots if Ridnour is traded or waived. That's a lot of roster spots for such a small amount of cap space. And there is still only one power forward on the team as of this moment.

A trade could bring in multiple players, similar to the Rudy Gay trade in December 2013. That is something to keep an eye out for.
      One player, is the answer. The rest can be filled out with minimum rookie signings (Daniels and Powell), the room MLE (2.8M) and veteran minimum deals, all of which allow you to exceed the cap.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Anyone else good on just rolling with PPat at the 4 this season? I love the raps but we are not beating any team from the west, let alone Cleveland. MU has slowly built a strong squad every offseason. Let him improve the 4 next year when we know exactly how are draft picks look. Perhaps we can trade then for someone exquisite. Smoke 'em if you got 'em shouldn't apply to the rest of our cap space. We filled a huge need already at SF, lets see what we have currently.

Comment

• Markieff Morris if LMA goes to PHX?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            Bosh makes 22 Mil a year, that is nothing after the cap jumps.. God DeRozan may ask for more than that. Maybe having a perennial all Star making less will make DeRozan take less in comparison.
            Doubt it. Dude will have a career year, maybe the Raptors get into the second round and then have to pay a ridiculous fortune to keep him... Or he's traded.

Comment

• Ok, so after everyone ran out of ideas and just keeps on repeating the old ones (Jones, Faried, Morris), I came up with one that most of you are going to hate. What if Raptors would offer a first rounder for Dario Saric? He plays at 4 and would fit the modern game. I would say that he's almost as good as Mirotic. Problems: 1) he's European and I know a lot of people don't want to do anything with players from Europe; 2) he'll come to NBA only next year. Philly is stacked with bigs and they're also obsessed about getting more 1st round picks.
              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                Ok, so after everyone ran out of ideas and just keeps on repeating the old ones (Jones, Faried, Morris), I came up with one that most of you are going to hate. What if Raptors would offer a first rounder for Dario Saric? He plays at 4 and would fit the modern game. I would say that he's almost as good as Mirotic. Problems: 1) he's European and I know a lot of people don't want to do anything with players from Europe; 2) he'll come to NBA only next year. Philly is stacked with bigs and they're also obsessed about getting more 1st round picks.
                Philly spent a lotto pick on him, expecting him to stay in Europe for a while, so they won't give him for anything less. You'd have to give up the Knicks pick at least, plus probably more. Is he really worth it? What makes him almost as good as Mirotic?

If we were to trade the Knicks pick and more, I'd want a clear long term starter, a safe bet.

Comment

Ok, so after everyone ran out of ideas and just keeps on repeating the old ones (Jones, Faried, Morris), I came up with one that most of you are going to hate. What if Raptors would offer a first rounder for Dario Saric? He plays at 4 and would fit the modern game. I would say that he's almost as good as Mirotic. Problems: 1) he's European and I know a lot of people don't want to do anything with players from Europe; 2) he'll come to NBA only next year. Philly is stacked with bigs and they're also obsessed about getting more 1st round picks.
                  BC is that you....?

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    Philly spent a lotto pick on him, expecting him to stay in Europe for a while, so they won't give him for anything less. You'd have to give up the Knicks pick at least, plus probably more. Is he really worth it? What makes him almost as good as Mirotic?

If we were to trade the Knicks pick and more, I'd want a clear long term starter, a safe bet.
                    I understand. All I can say is, that I watched him in Euroleague and that dude is extremely talented. He's more talented than JV or Hezonja, or Porzingis. He has a lot to offer right now, not just in the future, he's fast, very mobile, is a good shooter.

But like I said, he's European, so it doesn't count as a safe bet (your words). I bet you'd be me much happier to take NCAA product, rather than international. That's a safe bet, right? Like A. Bennett, who was drafted 1st, or D. Williams who was drafted 2nd, or T. Robinson, who was drafted 5th, right?

My point is, regardless of nationality or the fact that some local fans haven't seen a player play basketball, doesn't mean he's not good. At the same time, I do agree that it wouldn't be a safe bet and you do have a point. That would be a big gamble. But sometimes gambles pay off.
                    Last edited by Henry_Chinaski; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 11:06 AM.
                    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                      BC is that you....?
                      Yes, ha ha ha. Hilarious. You should do stand up comedy. Like we haven't read the same joke a million times before.
                      Last edited by Henry_Chinaski; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 11:04 AM.
                      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

I understand. All I can say is, that I watched him in Euroleague and that dude is extremely talented. He's more talented than JV or Hezonja, or Porzingis. He has a lot to offer right now, not just in the future, he's fast, very mobile, is a good shooter.

But like I said, he's European, so it doesn't count as a safe bet (your words). I bet you'd be me much happier to take NCAA product, rather than international. That's a safe bet, right? Like Derrick Williams who was drafted 2nd, or T. Robinson, who was drafted 5th, right?

My point is, regardless of nationality or the fact that some local fans haven't seen a player play basketball, doesn't mean he's not good. At the same time, I do agree that it wouldn't be a safe bet and you do have a point. That would be a big gamble. But sometimes gambles pay off.
                        Is he a good shooter? He's not even a consistent free throw shooter, and 3pt numbers also don't suggest that he's a good shooter. Plus there were personality questions that were part of why he was considered a risky pick. Plus his inner circle might be a bit weird, from what i remember his dad is kind of like JR Smith's dad, a bit of a looney, and he has influence on Saric. And he might not come to the NBA for another two years.

I've never heard anyone hype him as much as Mirotic. Mirotic was special, everyone worth listening to loved him.

He's just risky because he's risky. Safe would be someone who played in the NBA and showed something. Or yep, a high lottery pick that most professional scouts love, not just some fan watches some Euroleague game and thinks he's better than Valanciunas.

Comment

• Sign Tristan Thompson for 4/56 as Cavs are hot for David West, there is your rebounding guaranteed for the next 4 years and definitely a space eater.
                          At $12.8 million a year to start for TT and the waiving of Ridnour and trading of " JJ and his skip to the Lou award" to a team that does not cover the minimum salaries allow TO to keep PPat and TRoss and scrape under the Cap.

Comment

• Nene

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                              Sign Tristan Thompson for 4/56
                              He signed with the Cavs for 5 years, $80 million. Not only is he unavailable, but he is making $2 million per year more than your suggested offer.

Here is a rundown of signings so far, continuously updated:

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/nba-free-...moves-signings

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Nene
                                Not on the market.

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/s...33886007185408

If Coach Casey wants to go small, Austin Rivers is available.

Comment

Working...
                                X