power forward prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I rather resign Tyler Hansbro and Chuck Hayes and roll with them then Boozer.
    Yes, Hans>Boozer. However, taken into context, Raps second unit might be Byombo-Hans-Ross-Wright-Joseph + JJ in the mix. Which means too little scoring, especially from bigs. No one would give two shits about guarding Byombo and Hans, hence the offense would be way too predictable and it would rely only on perimeter players.
    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• wonder if we could snag Boris Diaw now that the Spurs have David West
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
        Yes, Hans>Boozer. However, taken into context, Raps second unit might be Byombo-Hans-Ross-Wright-Joseph + JJ in the mix. Which means too little scoring, especially from bigs. No one would give two shits about guarding Byombo and Hans, hence the offense would be way too predictable and it would rely only on perimeter players.
        That is a real concern given Casey's penchant for 5on/5off line changes.

Comment

• ironman3 wrote: View Post
          Why not sign or Trade Luis Scola from Indiana? he is excellent P&R setter and great passer...should be benefit the new starting line-up and save JV to stay around paint.
          I agree. If Ujiri is looking for scoring off the bench, then Scola is a better solution than Boozer. Scola is a high BBall IQ player, very skilled at the low post. Very slow and a bad defender now, but better than Boozer fo shizle.

EDIT: Boozer is better at rebounding. So, I don't know. Discussions about signing Boozer is starting to depress me.
          Last edited by Henry_Chinaski; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 04:49 PM.
          MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• David West opted out of $12 million to sign with the San Antonio Spurs for $1.4 million

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              wonder if we could snag Boris Diaw now that the Spurs have David West
              Maybe he could force a trade if he was given free buffets for life?

Comment

• While we're on the topic of fading bigs to sign for the vet min, What is Amare doing? He'd probably be a better bench big than Boozer.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  While we're on the topic of fading bigs to sign for the vet min, What is Amare doing? He'd probably be a better bench big than Boozer.
                  You know I think I would take Amare on a 1 year deal....might not work out that bad.

He is only turning 33 in November, although he has had his injury concerns, he is as healthy as he is going to be and would be nice for 20-25 minutes a night.....and he would be happy with those minutes.

Concern is if he can play 70 games this year or not.
                  Last edited by WJF; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 05:21 PM.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Boozer would be a depressing acquisition.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Amare is still around?

Also, I agree with McHappy. I liked Jason Smith from Day 1.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• MEH. ALL THE PF OPTIONS ARE MEH.

except Terrence Jones. Get 'er done Masai, I hear Rockets need a PG.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I feel like I am the only one that thinks Terrence Jones is not that good. Maybe is is because he was injured for most of the year, but I just don't feel the love. I am not against the guy, but there are a few posters who are all over him.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• First rumour I've read on Anderson outside of Pelicans blogs:

27 mins ago - via Twitter
                            wpid-i_39_cb_db_182555829.jpg
                            Jordan Schultz: Also hearing Suns may be pursuing Ryan Anderson, among other 4s. Anderson is a premier stretch 4 and still just 27 years old. Good passer 2.

He is (or was) a decent rebounder as well.

Defense is meh at best.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Nahhh, I'm desperate.

The free agent pool is nearly evaporated.

Who are the Raps going to sign for less than $4.1M?

Hansbrough
                              Boozer
                              Bargnani? (lol)
                              Serephin? (more C)
                              Maxiell? (no)
                              Jason Smith? (I wouldn't mind actually)
                              Glen Davis? (I'd rather Bargnani - for real)
                              Nazr? (I believe he ran out of day passes from the home)
                              Gooden? (I believe Raps are only team he hasn't played for)
                              Jerebko? (There can only be 1 Jonas.... but if JV was cool, I'd consider)
                              Scola? (meh)
                              Amar'e? (Going for the vet minimum on Clippers... book it)
                              Tele-tubby-vic? (OK - need more D though)
                              JUST because it would be funny if we got him back AND still had the Knicks Pick.

...but yeah, I'd bring back Hansbro.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• It's a market of diminishing returns ATM IMO. Raps don't necessarily need the PF to be primarily an offensive player. I would sign hansbro again since he gets to the line so much. He was effective in limited minutes last year and with a bit more usage I can see him doing decent in a backup role. Maybe the better avenue to still to go after a scorer in the style of lou williams, like marcus thornton, nick young to address the need that way instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X