No announcement yet.

power forward prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I want Masai to take the team in a different direction, it very much looks like compete with this core is the plan (for at least this season). The Carroll signing isn't necessarily the tipping point, as much as Demar was a part of the recruiting. Carroll would have been a great signing to replace DD if we were shipping DD for a PF, but if the plan is to have them both, then a 1 year push makes sense. Acquiring a guy without giving up future assets (which is why the Houston deal for Jones concerns me) to play PF has to be priority #1 to really compete.

David Lee is on an expiring deal. If you can get him for basically nothing, then it's a fine add. If you have to actually part with assets (essentially to outbid the Knicks or someone), then not so much.

Harris at PF might be the best of both world option at this point. S&T to grease the wheels if need be, which then makes a guy like Bass or McBob a good acquisition to replace PP (who would be going to Orlando).

If we completely miss out on all of the above, signing Bass isn't a terrible fallback option. He a nice mid-range jumper which would help spacing more than some other PF options. He wouldn't break the bank and, more importantly, wouldn't cost us future assets to acquire.

S&T Lou to Miami for McBob is a nice move as well. McBob is pretty cheap ($5.7 this year, PO for $6.1 next), and with the cap jump is likely an expiring deal as well.

Ultimate result of this off-season (from this point) is to add a PF to compete this year, without giving up future assets. Harris & McBob (both S&Ts with Lou and PPatt gone) is my preferred path.

To CalRapsFan, we haven't hit BC-esque levels yet. IF we go after Josh Smith to play PF (ideal small-ball defender but huge chucker [Casey would love him]), then that is BC.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Wonder if Bucks would be willing to trade Jabari with Monroe at PF for 5 years.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Wonder if Bucks would be willing to trade Jabari with Monroe at PF for 5 years.

Nope.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I really, really don't know what you guys expect in free agency. They filled a massive hole in the lineup with the best SF available. They got the 3&D guy everyone has been screaming for. And they traded no picks or players to do so.

I'm sure they would have loved to sign him to a one or two year deal as well but that's not how it works. If you aren't offering 3 or 4 year deals you simply aren't in the mix at all except for guys like Tyler Hansbrough. As for the size of the deal, you are talking about a deal that in 2 years will be about 15% of the cap - insignificant. Future flexibility is built in right now cause of the cap increases over the next couple of seasons. That's why no one is keeping their powder dry: it makes no sense to do so.
          With you on this one. Seems like the preferred options would have been to pick up superstars for pennies and dump low performing or inefficient raptors for multiple future lottery picks. And Masai couldn't even do it.

I guess the fact that other teams are desperate to improve and are willing to throw massive amounts of money around got missed. And the few widely acknowledged "steals" so far were players going to specific locations that happened to match them very well. As if Masai can monitor all possible combinations of 50 - 80 free agents and the 30 teams chasing them, so that he can swoop in and capitalize on the "good deals>".

Comment

• I know it's outside the box thinking and the Kings say they're not trading him, but why not take a run at Boogie.

Sacramento has offered more money to both Ellis and Matthews and they've both said no.

They just made a ridiculous trade that gave up another 1st Rd pick.

Eventually Boogie is gonna get sick of it.

Why not make a call and offer JV, Ross, LAC pick and a pick swap in 2017 ( probably throw it Ridnour to balance the contracts). It's probably better than what the Lakers can offer since they didn't end up drafting a centre.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Wonder if Bucks would be willing to trade Jabari with Monroe at PF for 5 years.
              Maybe Henson is available, young long mobile shot blocker can play 4/5.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I am thrilled that MU did not blow this team up. I don't think we have the talents to compete for a ring now but MU acknowledges the fact that building a championship contender is a process. You need to compete in order to attract FA to your team.

You can not be scared that the talent which you invested years in developing will ask for too much the following year and ... He will go a head with this team and will re-evaluate next summer.

Right now, he needs to get a starting Caliber PF. McRobert and ... are not cutting it. East is much stronger this year and we need a solid PF if we want to go further than we did last year.

The fantasy of a quick rebuild ( within year or two) was nothing but a fantasy. We are seeing that teams with MUCH MUCH better young talents than us or even us in 2 years, are having a hell of a time getting a TOP FA coming to their town.

These are facts and MU is able to see all of them.

Rebuild of 4-5 years also seemed too risky, too uncertain and unnecessarily for a team which won 48 games last year. MU understands the short comings of this team but also understands what stability and continuity means.

In BC era, we had 9-10 news faces, changes of coaches and directions almost every season. MU is not like that.

All he needs to do now is to get a starting Caliber PF and see what this season has to offer.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  I am thrilled that MU did not blow this team up. I don't think we have the talents to compete for a ring now but MU acknowledges the fact that building a championship contender is a process. You need to compete in order to attract FA to your team.

You can not be scared that the talent which you invested years in developing will ask for too much the following year and ... He will go a head with this team and will re-evaluate next summer.

Right now, he needs to get a starting Caliber PF. McRobert and ... are not cutting it. East is much stronger this year and we need a solid PF if we want to go further than we did last year.

The fantasy of a quick rebuild ( within year or two) was nothing but a fantasy. We are seeing that teams with MUCH MUCH better young talents than us or even us in 2 years, are having a hell of a time getting a TOP FA coming to their town.

These are facts and MU is able to see all of them.

Rebuild of 4-5 years also seemed too risky, too uncertain and unnecessarily for a team which won 48 games last year. MU understands the short comings of this team but also understands what stability and continuity means.

In BC era, we had 9-10 news faces, changes of coaches and directions almost every season. MU is not like that.

All he needs to do now is to get a starting Caliber PF and see what this season has to offer.
                  Many of these "facts" are not facts, but your opinion. Which is fine, just don't call them facts.

Free Agency is much more complex than simply fielding a competitive roster. The plethora of factors includes, but certainly isn't limited to, competing.

We have zero evidence regarding DD's impending Free Agency. If this team isn't where he feels it needs to be at the trade deadline, he could still trade him. Until a new offer to DD is made, we cannot claim anything as fact on this.

Quick rebuild is certainly not factually a fantasy based on any evidence.

So based on your opinion, this team isn't a title contender, but shouldn't "rebuild" in any way, so when is the window to compete expected in your opinion?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Question: if LMA tells the Raptors he doesn't want to talk is Amir still a Raptor?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Question: if LMA tells the Raptors he doesn't want to talk is Amir still a Raptor?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                      Probably not. Masai seemed to spend this early FA hours talking to LMA, Carroll, etc. Amir seemed to sign with Boston (who came after him pretty quickly) without much talk with Raps.

Smart move by Boston, especially with the non-guaranteed 2nd year. Very nice trade chip for them.

Comment

• Just my thoughts..

Dream scenarios include
                        1. Sign LMA
                        2. Facilitate Miami signing LMA by bringing Bosh home.

Follow up scenarios
                        1. Sign Tobias Harris
                        2. Facilitate Phoenix signing LMA by taking Markieff and Tucker off their hands

Fall back scenarios
                        1. Pick up David Lee (expiring & he is a rebounding, playmaking big)
                        2. Try to pick up David West

Personally I think we are a farce to be reckoned with if the LMA / Bosh thing could ever work, but we could also be very dangerous if we scooped Tobias Harris or stole Markieff & Tucker.. The final two moves keep us competitive and offer veteran leadership but are more looking to next year.

Lowry / Wright
                        DeRozan / Ross
                        Carroll / JJ / Bruno
                        Harris / 2pat
                        JV / Bebe

This too me would be preferred.. Because we could maintain depth. Idk if it can be done but could we potentially do a sign & trade using Lou, the ridnour contract and a 2nd rounder to grab Harris? That way we can keep Ross and JJ?

Comment

• breakin_ankles: Bosh is 31 yo and has a 4 year ~100 mil contract. About Harris: would be very excited to see him as a Raptor, but someone will give him max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                            Just my thoughts..

Dream scenarios include
                            1. Sign LMA
                            2. Facilitate Miami signing LMA by bringing Bosh home.

Follow up scenarios
                            1. Sign Tobias Harris
                            2. Facilitate Phoenix signing LMA by taking Markieff and Tucker off their hands

Fall back scenarios
                            1. Pick up David Lee (expiring & he is a rebounding, playmaking big)
                            2. Try to pick up David West

Personally I think we are a farce to be reckoned with if the LMA / Bosh thing could ever work, but we could also be very dangerous if we scooped Tobias Harris or stole Markieff & Tucker.. The final two moves keep us competitive and offer veteran leadership but are more looking to next year.

Lowry / Wright
                            DeRozan / Ross
                            Carroll / JJ / Bruno
                            Harris / 2pat
                            JV / Bebe

This too me would be preferred.. Because we could maintain depth. Idk if it can be done but could we potentially do a sign & trade using Lou, the ridnour contract and a 2nd rounder to grab Harris? That way we can keep Ross and JJ?
                            lol, unfortunately, this typo has been true of late.

Comment

• Dream scenario includes:
                              1. All free agents in the league make a decision today so we can move on to the dog days.

Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                              breakin_ankles: Bosh is 31 yo and has a 4 year ~100 mil contract.
                              31 is young for a versatile big man who needn't depend on athleticism to be effective. Especially one who's been very healthy.

We're not talking about a a 31 year old high flying wing who's been hit with nagging injuries.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                                breakin_ankles: Bosh is 31 yo and has a 4 year ~100 mil contract. About Harris: would be very excited to see him as a Raptor, but someone will give him max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Bosh makes 22 Mil a year, that is nothing after the cap jumps.. God DeRozan may ask for more than that. Maybe having a perennial all Star making less will make DeRozan take less in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X