No announcement yet.

power forward prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right now, our main priority should be signing Kosta Koufos. Then, bring back Hansbrough. Our rebounding problems would be solved. We have 10 M $ left to spend, it's way enough.

Valanciunas/Koufos/Nogueira
    Patterson/Hansbrough/Daniels
    Carroll/Johnson/Caboclo
    DeRozan/Ross/Powell
    Lowry/Wright/De Colo

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
      I understand. All I can say is, that I watched him in Euroleague and that dude is extremely talented. He's more talented than JV or Hezonja, or Porzingis. He has a lot to offer right now, not just in the future, he's fast, very mobile, is a good shooter.

But like I said, he's European, so it doesn't count as a safe bet (your words). I bet you'd be me much happier to take NCAA product, rather than international. That's a safe bet, right? Like A. Bennett, who was drafted 1st, or D. Williams who was drafted 2nd, or T. Robinson, who was drafted 5th, right?

My point is, regardless of nationality or the fact that some local fans haven't seen a player play basketball, doesn't mean he's not good. At the same time, I do agree that it wouldn't be a safe bet and you do have a point. That would be a big gamble. But sometimes gambles pay off.
      People believe international players are more risky because there are far less of them going high and many of those fail. So when one us taken high it's more noteworthy and when they fail it gets more attention.

Yeah, you can name a lot more American busts but fact of the matter is you can name far more American successes as well. In fact most stars are American.

Then you need to consider perspective. We're in Canada and we're flooded with American programming but we don't get to see much international pro ball and it gets less respect in the American media.

Finally, I'm not saying to not take international players, I believe every player should be evaluated the same way.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
          Supposedly PPat will be the starting 4 and Raptors won't sign Lou, who's gonna do the scoring in the second unit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• I think it's a good season. He settled in as a very nice role player last season.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't mind the Biyombo signing. Looks solid. Here's hoping we are still going after Jones.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                Supposedly PPat will be the starting 4 and Raptors won't sign Lou, who's gonna do the scoring in the second unit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                After the Kings sign lou?

Marcus Thornton or Stuckey to TO imo

Comment

• mrmarket wrote: View Post
                  After the Kings sign lou?

Marcus Thornton or Stuckey to TO imo
                  I hope not. Those are awful players. Worse versions of the scoring 6th man. Stuckey doesn't even have good range. Basically the worst kind of combo guards.

Comment

• It seems like if/when Masai brings in another PF, it will be via a trade.

Raptors still need some bench scoring as well, especially if 2Patt is moved into the starting lineup.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I hope not. Those are awful players. Worse versions of the scoring 6th man. Stuckey doesn't even have good range. Basically the worst kind of combo guards.
                      Agreed. Barring some trade i think it will end up being one of those two though. I think Thornton would be the better addition if Raps are running the same kind of offense next year (not one im a big fan of). He's a better 3pt shooter than lou, gets to the line a bit less often but does get fouled and at least he doesn't turn the ball over much.
                      Last edited by mrmarket; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                        I'd be okay with this too. I think 2pat deserves this opportunity and it'd be good for the organization to give him a chance. I think he'd be able to do a fine job in a starting role since he is a fantastic bball player that can stretch the floor and makes some really good shots.

I think we should keep our assets and draft picks, and wait until next year to make a big splash in free agency or hope to get lucky with one of our draft picks since theres going to be a lot more names in next year's free agency that are way more valuable. And/OR draft a really talented PF that is NBA ready next year with that Denver/NYK pick.
                        I'd be worried about rebounding and D with 2Pat starting, playing heavy minutes and not having a qualified alternative. I wanted 2Pat to start last year for floor spacing alongside JJ, but we need to replace Amir or the 4 will be an even bigger problem next year. I hope were able to address the 4 on a long term basis this year, but if not a stop gap is necessary. We need another big.

Comment

• Who is realistically available without giving up too much and would be an upgrade over ppat?
                          J-smith (bleh)
                          West (unlikely to sign here)

Maybe
                          David Lee for Ridnour/Ross
                          Taj Gibson for Ridnour/Ross + LAC pick?

And then lesser FA like Bass/Hansbro/Boute

Based on recent history I think Denver is looking for an overpayment for Faried, and Houston vs Masai will be a stalemate value wise with either t-jones/mojo commanding too much. Maybe 2016-2017 is a better entry point in the FA market for Raps.

Comment

• mrmarket wrote: View Post
                            Who is realistically available without giving up too much and would be an upgrade over ppat?
                            J-smith (bleh)
                            West (unlikely to sign here)

Maybe
                            David Lee for Ridnour/Ross
                            Taj Gibson for Ridnour/Ross + LAC pick?

And then lesser FA like Bass/Hansbro/Boute

Based on recent history I think Denver is looking for an overpayment for Faried, and Houston vs Masai will be a stalemate value wise with either t-jones/mojo commanding too much. Maybe 2016-2017 is a better entry point in the FA market for Raps.
                            Can't combine Ridnour in a deal with others. Basically it's Ridnour on his own or we waive him for the cap space.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Can't combine Ridnour in a deal with others. Basically it's Ridnour on his own or we waive him for the cap space.
                              How about a a 5 team deal using Ridnour and Fields and Hayes for Lee combining cap space and exemptions

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                How about a a 5 team deal using Ridnour and Fields and Hayes for Lee combining cap space and exemptions
                                Can't trade free agents either.

So double impossible.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X