• Show
Clear All

• caccia wrote: View Post
    Not on the market.
    yes he is, on the trade market at least

Comment

• Aldridge has joined the Spurs.

4 year, 80 million dollar deal according to Woj
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        We would have to send salary back for Lee. Not a fan of doing that, as everyone signed is valuable. If I was going to take Lee, it would have been when we had cap space and all it would cost us is that, and we could ask for a pick too. Trading assets for Lee, AND having him take up our remaining cap room? No thank you.
        Isn't Lee terrible defensively? Did he get better / become average defensively recently?

I would much prefer a 4 that provided solid D along with rebounding and perhaps some rim protection. Taj, Faried, TT if we could afford him.

I would also be happy getting Jones out of Houston, even though he doesn't provide as much of the skill set outlined above. If he could be had for cheap and we could get another bigger body to platoon at the 4 and play some 5 that could work.

My concern with TT is that he is slow to get off the ground on offense. Too many pump fakes. He needs to be able to take a pass out of a double team and go straight up, take it to the rack / dunk in one movement. Also concerned about cost to acquire and cap hit.

Like most of last year think we're left with Taj or Faried as our most tangible targets. I'd be happy with either.

Comment

• Why not go with Tyler Hansbrough? Let's give the keys to our frontcourt to JV.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Or yep, a high lottery pick that most professional scouts love, not just some fan watches some Euroleague game and thinks he's better than Valanciunas.
            Niiice Ok, man, you make a good case. I'd definitely like one of Jones, Faried, or Morris. Just looking for other options. Apparently, that's a big no to Saric.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Seriously, we should give a try at Patterson in our starting 5. It's been years since we hoped for a team with spacing, and a starting 5 including Lowry, Carroll and Patterson gives us just that. Plus the 3 are hustle players.

I'm pretty sure PPat would embrace the opportunity, and it would be the occasion to unleash JV inside.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Seriously, we should give a try at Patterson in our starting 5. It's been years since we hoped for a team with spacing, and a starting 5 including Lowry, Carroll and Patterson gives us just that. Plus the 3 are hustle players.

I'm pretty sure PPat would embrace the opportunity, and it would be the occasion to unleash JV inside.
                Im fine with it, so long as he crashes the boards with much more vigour. Defensively he was solid, but I still think he can step it up a bit more on that end of the floor as well.

If he does, then by all means, start him at the 4 spot.
                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                  Niiice Ok, man, you make a good case. I'd definitely like one of Jones, Faried, or Morris. Just looking for other options. Apparently, that's a big no to Saric.

Sorry, I know I was a bit rude, but you were being a bit overly defensive with the whole "you don't like Europeans for being Europeans" thing. I'm from Europe btw, and I've followed Euroleague and its earlier versions for well over 2 decades.

It's not a matter of european or not, it's a matter of price and risk. I don't see why 76ers would ask for anything less than a lottery pick for him, since that's what they spent on him, and they knew that he'd stay in Europe and all the risks back then already.

He's going to cost a lot, not like you can get him for Clippers' pick, and it will take multiple years before he joins the NBA and becomes a legit starter, IF he even achieves that. It just doesn't seem like something the Raptors should try to do.

Comment

Seriously, we should give a try at Patterson in our starting 5. It's been years since we hoped for a team with spacing, and a starting 5 including Lowry, Carroll and Patterson gives us just that. Plus the 3 are hustle players.

I'd be okay with this too. I think 2pat deserves this opportunity and it'd be good for the organization to give him a chance. I think he'd be able to do a fine job in a starting role since he is a fantastic bball player that can stretch the floor and makes some really good shots.

I think we should keep our assets and draft picks, and wait until next year to make a big splash in free agency or hope to get lucky with one of our draft picks since theres going to be a lot more names in next year's free agency that are way more valuable. And/OR draft a really talented PF that is NBA ready next year with that Denver/NYK pick.
                    Last edited by BS10; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 02:02 PM.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I think there is a very good chance that PPatt is the starter come season tip. That said, he is a bad rebounder in a system that makes it hard to rebound. We will get killed on the glass unless we get the guards to really crash down hard on the boards. I'm not holding my breath.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I think there is a very good chance that PPatt is the starter come season tip. That said, he is a bad rebounder in a system that makes it hard to rebound. We will get killed on the glass unless we get the guards to really crash down hard on the boards. I'm not holding my breath.
                        Let's not forget that our new starting SF grabbed over 6 rebounds per 36 minutes with Horford and Millsap as his frontcourt partners, compared to Ross who grabbed less then 4 rebounds per 36 with Amir and JV...

Comment

I think there is a very good chance that PPatt is the starter come season tip. That said, he is a bad rebounder in a system that makes it hard to rebound. We will get killed on the glass unless we get the guards to really crash down hard on the boards. I'm not holding my breath.
                          Patterson's rebounding concerns me as well. The addition of Carroll in the starting lineup will help to offset that. Ross averaged only 2.8 rebounds per game, Carroll (in more minutes) averaged over 5 in a front court with Milsap and Horford.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                            Patterson's rebounding concerns me as well. The addition of Carroll in the starting lineup will help to offset that. Ross averaged only 2.8 rebounds per game, Carroll (in more minutes) averaged over 5 in a front court with Milsap and Horford.
                            But we also lost the rebounding of Amir, Hans (probably) and may end up relying on Bebe (who knows what his rebounding production would be). Overall, we haven't solved our rebounding weakness.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yes he is, on the trade market at least.
                              You have better sources than Marc J. Spears?

Comment

That's true. Rebounding was a big problem throughout the season. Imagine PPat at the starting five...

Maybe Caroll would make a big/ bigger impact on rebounding, that way helping PPat. Also, there aren't left anyone who would be worth going after. There's Bass... Trading for Morris is out of question, T. Jones - very unlikely. The only decent option is Faried. But is he worth making a move?

Maybe PPat would be ok. For now. Sign Kofous and Hans or Hans and Bass on short contracts. Ujiri can make a trade during the season. Maybe even waiting for a year and going after T. Jones or D-Mo in the FA is an option. It seems like there isn't a move that could really work, or to be more accurate - I don't see one.

MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Working...
                                X