power forward prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    Has anyone looked at the 2016 draft? there are between 6-8 players projected in the top 15 that can play at the 4 spot. Maybe we are only looking for a 1 year guy and will role with that until we draft our next 4.
    All the more reason to rent a quality PF for 1 year.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      First rumour I've read on Anderson outside of Pelicans blogs:

He is (or was) a decent rebounder as well.

Defense is meh at best.
      Defence an issue BUT he hits the 3's consistently .

Comment

• ironman3 wrote: View Post
        Why not sign or Trade Luis Scola from Indiana? he is excellent P&R setter and great passer...should be benefit the new starting line-up and save JV to stay around paint.
        Not a bad option. He may be undervalued as last two years not great for him. Perhaps a new location would be good and he can get back to his form when he played with the Rockets.

Comment

• Rumour has it were one of couple teams talking to Boozer..
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Rumour has it were one of couple teams talking to Boozer..
            No!!!!!

Anybody else please.

Comment

• Some have mentioned Markieff Morris.

This is not flattering:

And now, likely, Markieff needs to go too. While he could survive without his brother, he didn't take the trade today very well initially.

The Morris brothers may feel slighted, or disrespected, by the Suns and you may too.

But man, they brought this on themselves. They spent the entire year complaining about officials. Complaining about the foul calls, even WHEN THEY GOT THEM. Hating on the media. Hating on the fans. Generally, leaving a sour taste behind them all the time.

It appears the Suns are done coddling and enabling the Morrii.

Since the end of the season, the Morrii have been in relative seclusion. They have not been as visible as before, not spending time at the facilities, and were not invited to the "Hi LaMarcus Aldridge!" party yesterday.

And now Marcus is gone in one direction, with maybe Keef going out in another.

They've ruined the best shot at playing together for the rest of their careers.

Morris twins, you brought this on yourselves.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...rought-this-on

Ridnour for Morris works straight up if truth to the $4.1m left in cap space. Add a couple of future 2nd rounders?

Comment

• I've got no problem with acquiring guys who looked a bit immature with their first team and are right at that 'time to grow up' junction in their lives. It's a classic buy-low window that often doesn't work out but sometimes pays big dividends. But in trading Markieff, Phoenix would be looking at an even worse PF depth situation than the Raptors are in now, and stuck decent cap space and the same dwindling list of PF options.

Comment

Some have mentioned Markieff Morris.

This is not flattering:

Ridnour for Morris works straight up if truth to the $4.1m left in cap space. Add a couple of future 2nd rounders?
                  Sure, happily, I'll add a first too.

If it's just what that article says, he's unhappy about his brother getting traded, he's not nice to the media, he's not nice to fans, we can live with all that if he helps us win games. If it's more serious, he's a bad teammate or jail time incoming, or such, then pass. But that's why Ujiri has friends, inside sources, he'd sniff it all out.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I've got no problem with acquiring guys who looked a bit immature with their first team and are right at that 'time to grow up' junction in their lives. It's a classic buy-low window that often doesn't work out but sometimes pays big dividends. But in trading Markieff, Phoenix would be looking at an even worse PF depth situation than the Raptors are in now, and stuck decent cap space and the same dwindling list of PF options.
                    The Morris interest was piqued after reading this:

Trade Options

Ryan Anderson

If you want nothing more than a long-range bomber to stretch the floor from the PF position, like he did in Orlando a few years ago and New Orleans more recently until the surge of the The Brow, then Ryan Anderson is the big man for you. Anderson can drop 5-8 threes in a game without even getting tired. Heck, he could do that in one quarter. He can also rebound respectably (6-8 per 36 minutes, though declining in recent years).

But he's an absolute sloth on pick-and-roll defense, and a turnstile defending in isolation, so you'd really better get a lot of points out of him.

He is eminently available in New Orleans, who just spent hundreds of millions on an extension for The Brow ($140 million) and re-upping Omer Asik ($60 mil) and Alexis Ajinca ($30 million). Anderson was already mostly out of the rotation late last year as The Brow owned nearly all the PF minutes and Anderson is too slow to spot at SF.

Anderson could fit cleanly into the Suns cap without giving up any assets in the deal, and New Orleans just might be okay with that given their other obligations.
                    Interesting take on possible PFs available from PHX perspective.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...major-upgrades

Comment

Some have mentioned Markieff Morris.

This is not flattering:

The 4.1M is a best case scenario that assumes Ridnour is waived.

Assuming Ridnour is waived and we have that 4.1M, we'd need to send out 3.8M. Ross, sadly, makes 3.6M. Could do JJ and BeBe for Kief.

Taking swings on guys with attitude issues seems to be Masai's forte.

If PHX is trying to pull off a move for Anderson, and the Pelicans want to get rid of his salary and don't want to take the risk on Kief, we could send them JJ and BeBe and the rights to Powell, they send Anderson to PHX and we get Morris.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• How about Larry Sanders? or a trade for N.Noel?
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                          How about Larry Sanders? or a trade for N.Noel?
                          You're going to have to give up a lot for Noel. I'm not sure Raptors have what they'd want.

I'd pass on Sansers.

Not sure either are PF though...well sanders isn't, period.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                            How about Larry Sanders? or a trade for N.Noel?
                            They likely wait for clarity on Joel Embid's health outlook prior to trading Noel.

Comment

• I swore Larry Sanders left the NBA because he doesn't want to play basketball anymore and because of a mental illness?
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                I swore Larry Sanders left the NBA because he doesn't want to play basketball anymore and because of a mental illness?
                                Nah he's chillin, he's pursuing his passion of becoming an artist, lol but wants to come back from what i've heard
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X