No announcement yet.

power forward prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between Faried, T Jones, Gibson, Morris and Harris, here's how I would rank them:

1. Faried
    2. T Jones
    3. Morris
    4. Harris
    5. Gibson

I pick Faried first because he's an elite rebounder, and the Raptors need rebounding (even with JV grabbing 10 a game). Last year they were ranked 26th in the league, and it was a big problem. His defensive win shares tied Gibson @ 2.1 last year.. while playing for a far inferior team. So I don't think he will be that detrimental to their defense. Morris was first @ 2.7. Faried had the highest overall win share at 5.6. He also has the highest PER (although only beat Jones by 0.1).

Faried can't shoot the 3 at all.. his game is put back dunks like Tristan Thompson.. but on a team with Lowry/Caroll/Patterson he may not need a 3. Amir didn't have one, and that was okay.

He also has a very good contract.. essentially $12.5M per year for the next 4 years which will look great in the new cap world. Harris would have to get the max for Orlando not to match. T Jones is an RFA next year and with the cap going up (as we've seen) could command $15M+ per year as well. Morris is on a great contract at only $8M per for the next 4 years.

Trading for Faried also hurts Denver which improves the 2016 pick.

From an asset perspective though Faried will cost the most. TJones/Morris may be had for cheap if Houston/Phoenix need to shed salary cap. Chicago may dump Gibson as well since they just signed Butler to the max. Harris would also cost an asset as the Raptors would need to pull off a S&T.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Between Faried, T Jones, Gibson, Morris and Harris, here's how I would rank them:

1. Faried
      2. T Jones
      3. Morris
      4. Harris
      5. Gibson

I pick Faried first because he's an elite rebounder, and the Raptors need rebounding (even with JV grabbing 10 a game). Last year they were ranked 26th in the league, and it was a big problem. His defensive win shares tied Gibson @ 2.1 last year.. while playing for a far inferior team. So I don't think he will be that detrimental to their defense. Morris was first @ 2.7. Faried had the highest overall win share at 5.6. He also has the highest PER (although only beat Jones by 0.1).

Faried can't shoot the 3 at all.. his game is put back dunks like Tristan Thompson.. but on a team with Lowry/Caroll/Patterson he may not need a 3. Amir didn't have one, and that was okay.

He also has a very good contract.. essentially $12.5M per year for the next 4 years which will look great in the new cap world. Harris would have to get the max for Orlando not to match. T Jones is an RFA next year and with the cap going up (as we've seen) could command $15M+ per year as well. Morris is on a great contract at only $8M per for the next 4 years.

Trading for Faried also hurts Denver which improves the 2016 pick.

From an asset perspective though Faried will cost the most. TJones/Morris may be had for cheap if Houston/Phoenix need to shed salary cap. Chicago may dump Gibson as well since they just signed Butler to the max. Harris would also cost an asset as the Raptors would need to pull off a S&T.
      Don't try and tell Jack Armstrong that.

Comment

• to me Terrence Jones should be target #1

Faried is kind of overrated. how does an "elite" rebounder only average 9 a game? why isn't he playing more minutes a game?

because his defense is so bad? he offers little on offense? i'd pass.

Jones has a higher ofensive and defensive win share with a higher rating per 48 minutes.

nevermind his contract is wayyyyy better.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          to me Terrence Jones should be target #1

Faried is kind of overrated. how does an "elite" rebounder only average 9 a game? why isn't he playing more minutes a game?

because his defense is so bad? he offers little on offense? i'd pass.

Jones has a higher ofensive and defensive win share with a higher rating per 48 minutes.

nevermind his contract is wayyyyy better.
          Just say he's better. Because he is.

Comment

• Terrence Jones is younger, cheaper and arguably better than Kenneth Faried. The end.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
              Don't try and tell Jack Armstrong that.
              Or Casey. Have people forgotten?

Love finding old gems. November 2013, and who says Bill Simmons is full of BS?
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Last year T Jones had a DWS of 1.3 and OWS of 1.7.

Faried had a DWS of 2.1 and OWS of 3.5. He also had a higher TRB% than any other PF prospect we've been talking about.

Comment

Last year T Jones had a DWS of 1.3 and OWS of 1.7.

Faried had a DWS of 2.1 and OWS of 3.5. He also had a higher TRB% than any other PF prospect we've been talking about.
                  I'm not a fan of acquiring Faried, but at this point, he is better than Jones. That said, Jones is 2 years younger.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

yikes i was looking at the career total for Jones. my bad.

his win/share per 48 is still higher.

point im trying and failing to make is imho you'll get more out of jones as a full time starter at PF than Faried
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Its hard to find those sort of stats for just final 2 months of the season when Jones was finally fully healthy and given a contributing role on the team, but I would venture to guess they'd be superior to even those of Faried.

Granted, Faried is likely a better rebounder, but what Jones offers on defense, as well as offense, is something Faried can't even get close to. In my (limited) opinion.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        yikes i was looking at the career total for Jones. my bad.

his win/share per 48 is still higher.

point im trying and failing to make is imho you'll get more out of jones as a full time starter at PF than Faried
                        Not last year, and maybe not next year, but in 2 years you are probably right. Feel free to remind us all then

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Not last year, and maybe not next year, but in 2 years you are probably right. Feel free to remind us all then
                          i will!
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I don't get the love for jones. Had pretty bad rpm and warp. Morris is elite in those stats. I like him more

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              I don't get the love for jones. Had pretty bad rpm and warp. Morris is elite in those stats. I like him more

I like Morris too. I think his value isn't perceived as high as others because execs are never certain if he's the shitty twin.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                I don't get the love for jones. Had pretty bad rpm and warp. Morris is elite in those stats. I like him more

morris is a twin and convicted felon
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X