No announcement yet.

Rank this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, this is a great off season. I give A. Can't wait to see this team in action! Step by step, it's a slow process!!!

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/.../james-johnson
      here are johnsons' numbers notice that for all the coaches he has played for his most minutes are with casey for any year.

so an f for perception
      My guess is that this poster is referring to JJs limited use in the playoffs, where he could have been very effective.

Comment

• Still a bit early, so I reserve the right to change this if we make any more moves, but as of now:

C.

Roster moves (in terms of talent + $$):
        Carroll: C
        Joseph: B-
        Biyombo: B
        Wright: C
        Vasquez/Powell/first: A
        Scola: C

Coaching:
        Casey: F
        Stackhouse: D
        Greer: B+
        Kalamian(confirmed?): B

Comment

• Zach Lowe's most recent podcast had Jared Dudley on as the guest, and Dudley is one of those players who's a total basketball fanatic in addition to being paid money to play it, and they talked a little bit about the Raps.

Dudley's belief is that the Raps' success this year lives and dies on Jonas. If Jonas can make the leap and become someone teams have to double in the paint (and Dudley thinks he's most of the way there already), everybody else gets more opportunity to make shots.

He and Lowe also think Lowry has to remain healthy for the Raps to contend at all in the East (which, well, duh) and they're not sure who plays starting PF for the team - if it's Patterson or Carroll as smallball 4.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            Zach Lowe's most recent podcast had Jared Dudley on as the guest, and Dudley is one of those players who's a total basketball fanatic in addition to being paid money to play it, and they talked a little bit about the Raps.

Dudley's belief is that the Raps' success this year lives and dies on Jonas. If Jonas can make the leap and become someone teams have to double in the paint (and Dudley thinks he's most of the way there already), everybody else gets more opportunity to make shots.

He and Lowe also think Lowry has to remain healthy for the Raps to contend at all in the East (which, well, duh) and they're not sure who plays starting PF for the team - if it's Patterson or Carroll as smallball 4.
            I'm just now listening to that podcast and I kinda wish the Raps went after him, especially since it wouldn't take much to get him. I think he would have been great for all the young guys.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Still a bit early, so I reserve the right to change this if we make any more moves, but as of now:

C.

Carroll: C

Coaching:
              Wow
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/.../james-johnson
                here are johnsons' numbers notice that for all the coaches he has played for his most minutes are with casey for any year.

so an f for perception
                'most minutes' in total by default because he didnt get injured like his other years and not being able to play a full season.

his actual playing time per game was a pretty average amount, except situationally i think we all know casey completely misused him.

Comment

• Most minutes is an average per game, not total.

It very well could be that Johnson feels he gets to play more with Casey than with any other coach. Here on the forums the keyboard coaches understand though he is under used.

Memphis, didn't play even though they are the hard nosed defensive team he would suit best.
                  Los Angeles, didn't play even though they could have used any defense at all.

My guess is he is thankful Casey gives him a chance

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    Wow
                    Hey, a C is still good enough to get us to 48-53 wins. Just think it's still 50/50 in terms of us making it out of the first round.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      I'm just now listening to that podcast and I kinda wish the Raps went after him, especially since it wouldn't take much to get him. I think he would have been great for all the young guys.
                      They would have had to trade.

He opted in to his contract.

Would be interesting player next season.

Comment

Hey, a C is still good enough to get us to 48-53 wins. Just think it's still 50/50 in terms of us making it out of the first round.
                        Without significant changes on both sides of ball I put it at less than that.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Without significant changes on both sides of ball I put it at less than that.
                          I'm hoping that last year was a big learning year, the team seemed to get cocky offensively and started to play too cool. I'm pretty sure Carroll, JJ, Joseph aren't going to stand for that and I'm also pretty sure that DD and KL got a rude awakening last year.

Plus DeMar is in a contract year so I'd expect good DeMar for atleast this season
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• C+

Carroll: A
                            Biyombo: C (B wright, Koufos)
                            Wright: B
                            Vasquez/Powell/first: A+
                            Scola: C- (O Quinn?)

Coaching:
                            Greer: C+
                            Kalamian: C

Would've rated him higher, but he missed out on his TOP OPTIONS and settled for these dudes.

D-LEAGUE team : A+

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Still a bit early, so I reserve the right to change this if we make any more moves, but as of now:

C.

Carroll: B

Coaching:

Comment

No way Raps break 50; and their record may not be reflecting of the strides they made IF they make them in the poffs.
                              But we have to considered:
                              Cojo - system guy
                              Carrol - system guy
                              defense - * new , need time to learn
                              offense - * new , need time to learn
                              2nd unit : may be offensively challenged
                              RK_-Amir at the 4 or 5 will be sorely missed
                              Coach chemistry
                              Players chemistry

Comment

• Why don't they break 50? Past 5 years overall record has improved every year and last year was 49 wins. So, if we take the most recent history of the team I don't see how we "can't break 50."

I think it is generally agreed here our summer moves have improved us as a team.

I think amir gone improves the team, over the course of the year

Comment

Working...
                                X