No announcement yet.

Rank this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was never firing Casey. You dorks were.

It isn't a decision.

The guy is right.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

Don't forget that retaining Casey should count in the grade.

i added points in my tbd vote because of it

Comment

The question wasn't 'rank the moves that ujiri has made', it was simply 'rank the offseason'. Although the OP probably meant grade. If people want to include no Casey firing, they should. If they don't want to, they shouldn't.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          I agree that not firing a coach is not the same as not trading a player. I don't agree on whether or not we can accurately judge if a coach has performed successfully. The team won the most games in franchise history, won the Atlantic division, and made it to the playoffs for the second season in a row. But this is not considered "successful" by many fans on this website.

That we were swept in the playoffs sucks, but that it was all Casey's fault is not completely true. Different Raptor communities have different opinions, as do non-Raptor communities. RaptorsRepublic is only a small part of that, and just because the majority here believe Casey is an idiot does not make it so.

*I'd like to caveat this discussion by saying that I am in the RR majority and think Casey should have been fired
          A bunch of the media dudes were basically saying 'Casey will be fired' after the series
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
            The question wasn't 'rank the moves that ujiri has made', it was simply 'rank the offseason'. Although the OP probably meant grade. If people want to include no Casey firing, they should. If they don't want to, they shouldn't.
            if we are getting into semantics shouldn't op have really asked "rank the offseason up until now as we still have lots of time and potential moves to make"?

but right when this question was asked it was turning into a casey thread

Comment

He's done more for this franchise since 2013.

Oh wait.

Comment

2 early bruh (In Westbrook voice)
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I agree that not firing a coach is not the same as not trading a player. I don't agree on whether or not we can accurately judge if a coach has performed successfully. The team won the most games in franchise history, won the Atlantic division, and made it to the playoffs for the second season in a row. But this is not considered "successful" by many fans on this website.

That we were swept in the playoffs sucks, but that it was all Casey's fault is not completely true. Different Raptor communities have different opinions, as do non-Raptor communities. RaptorsRepublic is only a small part of that, and just because the majority here believe Casey is an idiot does not make it so.

*I'd like to caveat this discussion by saying that I am in the RR majority and think Casey should have been fired
                  i'd love to see a raptors community or ANY community for that matter that fully embraces casey.

Comment

"Keeping Casey" is not an offseason move. If we resigned him, sure. But not firing an employee doesn't count, even if we got swept in the 1st round.
                    keeping casey is not specifically an offseason move, but the lack of that move makes all his other choices afterwards a negative for me. like i said, so far all our moves have been to try and patch up holes in the roster, rather than retooling the system which i think is the bigger issue.

Comment

Let's see what Casey can do with good defensive pieces. If we get a 50-win season out of it, that's fine with me - it would be three winning seasons where we are a top 4 seed, and can then upgrade the coach to fit the personnel.

Comment

Let's see what Casey can do with good defensive pieces. If we get a 50-win season out of it, that's fine with me - it would be three winning seasons where we are a top 4 seed, and can then upgrade the coach to fit the personnel.
                        Casey is the problem not the pieces

Comment

didnt we do that by adding JJ? not sure how to explain going from top 10 to bottom 25.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            didnt we do that by adding JJ? not sure how to explain going from top 10 to bottom 25.
                            Carroll is alot like Landry defensively and the defense wasnt that much better with Fields. the open shooters and blowbys are caused by the system getting shredded by just average passing and movement.

Comment

Right now it is B. It will be A- if we sign a legit PF. A+ if we get Aldridge

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                i'd love to see a raptors community or ANY community for that matter that fully embraces casey.
                                Is Doug Smith a community?
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X