The Bargnani trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I don't see how Indy has taken a stepback.

There adding Paul George and got rid of Hibbert. Losing West is a blow but not enough to make them take a step back.
    What are they getting for Hibbert by the way? A couple picks? Ryan Kelly?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      the right not to pay hibbert or have him on the roster

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Yeah, probably nothing. That is, some second rounder or something along those lines. Salary dump through and through.

But I guess we won't know until it is finalized.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Yeah, probably nothing. That is, some second rounder or something along those lines. Salary dump through and through.

But I guess we won't know until it is finalized.
          Crazy how that Pacers team has crashed and burned. By the time Paul George comes back to that post-apocalyptic mess:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Hey! Remember the time the Knicks traded a first round pick for Bargnani? Yeah, good times...
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              Crazy how that Pacers team has crashed and burned. By the time Paul George comes back to that post-apocalyptic mess:

Vogel might become available

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Vogel might become available
                Also Stotts in Portland

Comment

Also Stotts in Portland
                  Also GP from fox sports news is available
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Wait ... So we didn't have to tank and may be getting a decent lottery pick plus our own first round next year ??

Seems awfully quiet around here, where'd all those Masai haters go....
                    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                      Wait ... So we didn't have to tank and may be getting a decent lottery pick plus our own first round next year ??
                      Another example of why tanking is mostly for losers.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

that was my point.
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

MU is just tanking by proxy.

Ironically, he's using the team that effectively blocked his own attempt at tanking to do so! lol

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

I remember hearing a lot of this refrain last summer, and then we got swept in the first round.

If we struggle to advance again this year, it'll happen again... A couple more role players, a late lotto pick and a pick in the 20s: "See? Tanking is mostly for losers!"

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I remember hearing a lot of this refrain last summer, and then we got swept in the first round.

If we struggle to advance again this year, it'll happen again... A couple more role players, a late lotto pick and a pick in the 20s: "See? Tanking is mostly for losers!"
                              Fire Casey and its a second round team. Carroll on LBJ and Rose gives Raptors a chance past Cavs and Bulls

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

The mere fact that Ujiri was able to find a suitor for Bargnani when that trade happened amazed a bunch of people in here. The fact that he managed to get a pick that is most likely in the lotto is telling about the what is possible via the high road. Ujiri is still early on in his build and he's made a lot of smart moves while winning.

Let's face it, based on history, if the Raptors were to tank now they're more likely to still be losing a lot of games three years from now. More likely five years from now they have a team of comparable talent to this one or they could be preparing the next tank. Tanking is for losers and the extremely lucky; the extremely lucky being a small minority. Why rely on luck when you have ability?

Ujiri may get lucky with this pick but at the end of the day if it doesn't end up being a high lotto pick he has a lot more going on in the favor of the club. He hasn't placed all his eggs in one basket. In any part of life, keeping your eggs in one basket is asking for trouble; asking for disaster because you're taking on high risk instead of mitigating it.

In short, teams who tank deserve to lose badly and most of them get exactly what they deserve.

Fire Casey and its a second round team. Carroll on LBJ and Rose gives Raptors a chance past Cavs and Bulls
                                Hopefully the moves they made ensures they don't face the Cavs or Bulls in the first round to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X