Raptors to Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors to Minnesota

Raptors trade Ross and LAC protected first rounder to the wolves for Gorgui Dieng.

Dieng is like a younger amir Johnson, with more offensive/defensive potential in small ball situations. He also would be paid less and improve our PF spot

Low risk, high reward move. Improving the future going forward which is a Masai like move in my opinion.

Thoughts?

I thought he might become available in combination with a bunch of salaries as a salary dump. Minny looked like they were looking to clear cap space a few weeks ago. But they've been silent since.

I don't think they would trade him in a move like this. Ross is a worse player, he's not a bad fit for them, but he's just not worth to give up Dieng. The Clippers pick isn't a major asset that could sway such a trade.

If they had their eyes set on some serious upgrade in free agency and wanted to clear cap, I think the Raptors could've worked around this, take on Dieng, Bennett, Budinger for Ross, cap space plus. But it seems that they chose to stand pat.

I do like Dieng, I think he's at the very least a very good 3rd big on a playoff team. There's some potential for him to become a great fit at PF next to Valanciunas. He needs to increase his range a little bit, but he's shown promise in that regard, so it's possible. He can pass, rebound, defend. He plays tough. I like him a lot. Even if he's nothing more than just a long term backup center with some minutes at 4 for the Raptors, he would still be a great piece to add. But I don't see it at this point, not enough in it for Minnesota.

Comment

Dieng is looking like hes gonna be really damn good and if im Minny id be looking to dump Pekovic and go with Dieng & Towns in the frontcourt. Ross would be a bit redundant on the TWolves as they got high flyers in Wiggins & LaVine n i think they like the UCLA combo of Zach & Shabazz. No need for Ross unless they want to dump Kevin Martin but i see him as a good veteran along with KG to keep around a young & talented core.

C Dieng
      PF Towns
      SF Wiggins - Shabazz
      SG LaVine - Martin (starter)
      PG Rubio

Thats a fun team mang

Comment

I'm repeating myself. Lavine is a point guard and that is the way the Twolves used him primarily last season even when Rubio was healthy.

Comment

I see. We would need to give a bit more including ridnour+JJ to get him from Minny. Possibly throw in second rounder to get them thinking

Comment

Working...
          X