Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    As I've said above (somewhere), and especially if it might be a "head" thing (in part), I'd prefer they show some confidence/hope in Biz. Young guy. Great guy. Former Lottery pick. Huge upside.

Like Anthony Bennett, I'd assume that's a big reason why he's come here, really.
    Confidence can be shown in minutes. He shouldn't be taking any shots outside of 3 feet.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Sometimes i forget that Biz is only 23 years old. He's actually younger than JV(by 3 months).
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Sometimes i forget that Biz is only 23 years old. He's actually younger than JV(by 3 months).
        Perhaps he isn't.

Lots of rumours at the time of the draft that he was around 20 rather than the stated 18.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Biz needs to learn to use the glass if his hands aren't so great. If he can get the ball to kiss off the glass perfectly, he'll get buckets more often.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Biz needs to learn to use the glass if his hands aren't so great. If he can get the ball to kiss off the glass perfectly, he'll get buckets more often.
            Good point. If a low skill big isn't dunking they should always look to the glass. Sadly, not many develop that mentality.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Good point. If a low skill big isn't dunking they should always look to the glass. Sadly, not many develop that mentality.
              As a PG who couldn't shoot well, I used to use the glass for my HS team all the time. It helped me become effective in the high post and also helped my 4 & 5 get putbacks, as if it didn't go in they learned how time it going off the glass.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• After watching Biyombo play during the 4th quarter against Orlando, I'd rather see Bennett and/or Bebe given a chance, or the team go small with PP & JJ. Dude was awful out there. He rebounds well, but his defense is overrated and he may as well not even cross over to the offensive half. DC keeping him on until the 6 minute mark (too long to leave a red-hot JV on the bench) is what cost them that game, causing them to play 4-on-5 offensively.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  After watching Biyombo play during the 4th quarter against Orlando, I'd rather see Bennett and/or Bebe given a chance, or the team go small with PP & JJ. Dude was awful out there. He rebounds well, but his defense is overrated and he may as well not even cross over to the offensive half. DC keeping him on until the 6 minute mark (too long to leave a red-hot JV on the bench) is what cost them that game, causing them to play 4-on-5 offensively.
                  They are essentially giving him development minutes. There are other guys that need them too

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    They are essentially giving him development minutes. There are other guys that need them too
                    I think you're at least part right in terms of the "development minutes". Still, this team has been beastly on defence - and pretty relentless. I think DeMarre and Biz are helping set the tone early and actually getting some work done, too.

But I'm more than ok with the coaching staff determining who gets the development minutes ... especially as the young un's will be getting real time with the 905's soon. I'll bet the management/coaches had a good long talk with Bennett to see how he wants to be handled. And the may want to be careful with Ross as regards situations and match-ups to bring him along.

I'm ok with whatever they decide with these guys. It's pretty personal stuff, seems to me. Harder to second-guess than play-calling and so on.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      I think you're at least part right in terms of the "development minutes". Still, this team has been beastly on defence - and pretty relentless. I think DeMarre and Biz are helping set the tone early and actually getting some work done, too.

But I'm more than ok with the coaching staff determining who gets the development minutes ... especially as the young un's will be getting real time with the 905's soon. I'll bet the management/coaches had a good long talk with Bennett to see how he wants to be handled. And the may want to be careful with Ross as regards situations and match-ups to bring him along.

I'm ok with whatever they decide with these guys. It's pretty personal stuff, seems to me. Harder to second-guess than play-calling and so on.
                      Biz is okay when Raptors are winning, but its going to get ugly if they start losing and Biyombo is throwing away entire quarters.

Comment

• I'm all for criticizing Raptor players/coaches/management/ownership, but I think having a 'Biyombo blown bunnies' counter on the main page crosses the line.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          I'm all for criticizing Raptor players/coaches/management/ownership, but I think having a 'Biyombo blown bunnies' counter on the main page crosses the line.
                          i like if for fun. anyone who is surprised didn't do their homework or watch biyombo play. again, i don't mind the missed bunnies. i think he defensive awareness is so high even when he has the ball for the shot he is thinking rebound. the only way to make him a viable player is to get him to hit those bunnies. he is still young and can grow. just no more fades from the line

Comment

• I'd rather have the other players take contested shots than pass to Biz
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              I'd rather have the other players take contested shots than pass to Biz
                              Biz taking an open shot is like any other player taking a contested shot, so same thing really.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Biz taking an open shot is like any other player taking a contested shot, so same thing really.
                                Actually DD hits about 35% of his contested shots. Biz doesn't come close to hitting 35% of his open shots. He barely hits 35% of his dunks and layups. Hope he improves.

Comment

Working...
                                X