Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    People still love the idea of Biyombo. They remember he's a top 10 pick, he's long and athletic, and he's still only 22. Unfortunately he hasn't really developed at all and he played fewer minutes in seasons 3 and 4 than he did in 1 and 2. Not a good sign. Maybe he'll be useful but I'll bet he's more likely to get 5 mpg than 20. JV and Bebe will get most of the minutes at the 5, and we know PP and Scola will slide over to the 5 sometimes in order to engage the secret scramble weapon. How many minutes are left for Biyombo?
    He had great offensive and defensive ratings in the last 2 years though - 115/99 - and he got his PER up above 15 last season. It seems likely that Casey will go for the centre with NBA experience over Bebe, but who knows who comes out on top in training camp.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      He had great offensive and defensive ratings in the last 2 years though - 115/99 - and he got his PER up above 15 last season. It seems likely that Casey will go for the centre with NBA experience over Bebe, but who knows who comes out on top in training camp.
      Interesting - he played fewer minutes and more often against benches and you're right - his advanced stats shot up in years 3 and 4.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• What does he bring to the table? Shotblocking, rebounding, and wingspan?

Isn't that exactly what bebe brings? I don't see how they'll split minutes between the two of them
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• He should be able to find minutes beside Patterson. He's better than Hans so at minimum I think he gets those minutes.

Lowry, derozan, Carroll, Patterson, biyombo will probably be one of our best lineups

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
            What does he bring to the table? Shotblocking, rebounding, and wingspan?

Isn't that exactly what bebe brings? I don't see how they'll split minutes between the two of them
            One guy is a young veteran, the other is basically a young (even if capable) rookie. I don't expect them to split minutes either, I expect Bebe to get his minutes with the 905s and MAYBE beat out Biyombo with hard work and some offensive prowess as the season goes along.

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
              Biz is probably an insurance Policy for Bebe in case he stops developing (Bebe has more game than I thought he did).
              People seems to forget 1 small details about the Biz : He can't really play, ultra specialized; he's a minus 1,000,000,000 on offense and Char let him go intentionally.

I don't see him getting 20mpg ?
              He averages 21 mins for his career.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                He averages 21 mins for his career.
                7, 21, 43, 33

That's the quality of the team where he averaged 21 mpg. That's how many games they won each year. Coincidentally, most of his minutes were on the 7 and 21 win teams - his minutes were cut on the 43 and 33 win teams.

How many awful players have averaged 20 mpg on a lottery team? Heck Ricky Ledo averaged 19.4 mpg in NY last season.

You can sell me on his athleticism, age, and potential to still get better, but idgaf about the fact that one of the worst franchises in the league gave him 20 mpg. More of a negative with a team like the Horncats - if you can only get 20 mpg on that team, you might not be very good.

Comment

7, 21, 43, 33

That's the quality of the team where he averaged 21 mpg. That's how many games they won each year. Coincidentally, most of his minutes were on the 7 and 21 win teams - his minutes were cut on the 43 and 33 win teams.

How many awful players have averaged 20 mpg on a lottery team? Heck Ricky Ledo averaged 19.4 mpg in NY last season.

You can sell me on his athleticism, age, and potential to still get better, but idgaf about the fact that one of the worst franchises in the league gave him 20 mpg. More of a negative with a team like the Horncats - if you can only get 20 mpg on that team, you might not be very good.
                  Still, between his career average and filling Hans' role, theres good reason to think he'll get 15-20 mpg.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Not sure if it's been posted in this thread already, but this player report card from earlier this offseason sorta illustrates what the best-case scenario is... that Charlotte is giving up on him just as he's starting to turn the corner. It points to a lot of positives in his improvement this last season.

http://www.atthehive.com/2015/5/23/8...ismack-biyombo

It's not that unthinkable that as a guy who came into the league at a young age with a great body, got by on his physical skills, he's simply taken a long time to get his mental game up to speed but is now starting to turn the corner at the ripe old age of 22. Yeah, there's a decent chance that his current level is more or less his ceiling, but it's just such a low risk acquisition.
                    Wow didn't even know all this. Great find.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

7, 21, 43, 33

The team was better when he was on the floor. At least that's what the numbers show.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A Bismack Biyombo Photo Essay

Here Bismack Biyombo is reminding Tyler Hansbrough that white men still can't jump:

Here James Johnson and Patrick Patterson are telling Bismack Biyombo that he is not, under any circumstances, to bring the ball down low (Leo Rautins is also shouting at his TV right now):

Here Bismack Biyombo is telling DeMar DeRozan he has way too much wingspan for those soft pumpfakes - don't pick up your dribble DeMar:

Here Jonas Valanciunas is making a strong case, at both ends of the floor, for playing in the 4th quarter. However Casey is talking to Masai Ujiri on his Blackberry Passport right now and JV is coming out so Biyombo can anchor the scramble unit for the entire fourth quarter:

#BismackAttack
                        #FreeBB

Comment

• He's brought in to get minutes somewhere between Hansbrough and Hayes. He'll be JVs backup until the 4th when neither guy will play
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I really think Bismack was brought in simply to replace Psycho-T who unfortunately played a lot of center last year. I'm intrigued by a Bismack/2Pat pairing. One can shoot, is an average defender, but can't rebound. The other can't shoot, but is an above average defender and rebounder. Together they make one dominant front court player.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I really think Bismack was brought in simply to replace Psycho-T who unfortunately played a lot of center last year. I'm intrigued by a Bismack/2Pat pairing. One can shoot, is an average defender, but can't rebound. The other can't shoot, but is an above average defender and rebounder. Together they make one dominant front court player.
                              Bispat biyatterson
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Not sure if it's been posted in this thread already, but this player report card from earlier this offseason sorta illustrates what the best-case scenario is... that Charlotte is giving up on him just as he's starting to turn the corner. It points to a lot of positives in his improvement this last season.

http://www.atthehive.com/2015/5/23/8...ismack-biyombo

It's not that unthinkable that as a guy who came into the league at a young age with a great body, got by on his physical skills, he's simply taken a long time to get his mental game up to speed but is now starting to turn the corner at the ripe old age of 22. Yeah, there's a decent chance that his current level is more or less his ceiling, but it's just such a low risk acquisition.
                                Great write up. I was surprised to see the improvement in free throw shooting. If you are going to trend, trending towards improvement as the year comes to an end is always preferable.

Comment

Working...
                                X