Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Gallo!
    You don't move jv for players like gallo. Cousins is a different story. I'll be behind that move, except I think Boston will have a much better package.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Gallo is not an allstar. Nor is he a PF.
      Gallo is another big time scorer. I've been watching Nuggets games cause we have their pick. They Gallo at the stretch 4. Where his lateral quickness become an advantage compared to a liability. He doesn't lose size either because his 6'10 230. His good rebounder, his a good 3point shooter and his currently 5th in free throw made(DD is second). I think his the perfect 4th with the way the game is trending.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Gallo is another big time scorer. I've been watching Nuggets games cause we have their pick. They Gallo at the stretch 4. Where his lateral quickness become an advantage compared to a liability. He doesn't lose size either because his 6'10 230. His good rebounder, his a good 3point shooter and his currently 5th in free throw made(DD is second). I think his the perfect 4th with the way the game is trending.
        Gallo is a cool dude.. but we really don't need another inefficient scorer. Especially at the 4.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          You don't move jv for players like gallo. Cousins is a different story. I'll be behind that move, except I think Boston will have a much better package.
          Scouting report

+ Multi-skilled forward whose career was interrupted by a torn ACL in April 2013

+ Good ball handler for a combo forward whose reputation as a shooter exceeds 3-point performance

+ Sacrificed some quickness after the injury, but size has become best defensive attribute

Analysis

The torn ACL Gallinari suffered in April 2013, with the Nuggets cruising to home-court advantage in the Western Conference, proved nearly a two-year injury. Gallinari and the team initially opted against surgery, only to reverse course when the incomplete ACL tear failed to heal naturally. That cost Gallinari the entire 2013-14 season, and he wasn't himself for most of last year. Only after the All-Star break, when he averaged 18.6 points per game, did the pre-injury Gallinari return on a regular basis. Hoping to lock up Gallinari before a breakthrough campaign, Denver renegotiated and extended his contract for an additional two seasons and $33.6 million. Gallinari's impressive play -- and good health -- for Italy in EuroBasket this summer, it's a deal that could prove a bargain.

At his best, Gallinari is one of the league's most complete offensive small forwards. He's a dangerous outside shooter, though his 3-point percentage (36.7 percent career) has never matched his reputation. (Gallinari did make 40.4 percent of his 3s after the break.) He's also a confident ball handler and playmaker who can run pick-and-rolls and set up teammates. Gallinari is especially dangerous when facing bigger defenders in the Nuggets' smaller lineups. Denver has also tried to post him up against smaller opponents, though he really only has a turnaround jumper in his arsenal.

The quickness Gallinari lost after ACL surgery, perhaps temporarily, was most evident at the defensive end of the floor. He struggled, though his size (6-foot-10) can still be a deterrent to opponents even when he's beaten off the dribble. Still, Gallinari was the only Nuggets player with a positive plus-minus on the court last season.
          Gallo is a pretty good player and he has pretty much won where ever his gone. I feel he would be a better fit for the team.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Gallo is a cool dude.. but we really don't need another inefficient scorer. Especially at the 4.
            Just feel he'll be a good fit for our perimeter oriented offense. He brings another dimension at the 4. Scola has been shooting the lights out from the 3 but, defenders aren't worried about him blowing by them. Gallo bring that to the table. Also once he gets by his initial man Gallo is so skilled that he can score or create a better shot for a teammate. They could use him like G-State uses Draymond on offense.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just feel he'll be a good fit for our perimeter oriented offense. He brings another dimension at the 4. Scola has been shooting the lights out from the 3 but, defenders aren't worried about him blowing by them. Gallo bring that to the table. Also once he gets by his initial man Gallo is so skilled that he can score or create a better shot for a teammate. They could use him like G-State uses Draymond on offense.
              Even then... Gallo isn't a PF. He started one game there this season and that came in a loss. In reality, he's just a really long SF. Similar to KD. OKC would probably tear shit up on offense with KD at the 4... but defensively? He's not built to guard or out muscle power forwards inside.

You could definitely use him there for stretches at a time.. but he's not starting and finishing games at the 4 for a whole season.

Comment

Even then... Gallo isn't a PF. He started one game there this season and that came in a loss. In reality, he's just a really long SF. Similar to KD. OKC would probably tear shit up on offense with KD at the 4... but defensively? He's not built to guard or out muscle power forwards inside.

You could definitely use him there for stretches at a time.. but he's not starting and finishing games at the 4 for a whole season.
                This the east their aren't any physical 4s. You got Love, Bosh, Milsap, Mirotic, Lee, Ilaysova and Paul George. Just to name a few. If PG can do it than Gallo can too. Gallo is bigger than PG, Mirotic, Illaysova. I think he'll do just fine physical wise against eastern conference 4s .
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If the Raptor can get Gallo for picks they should just to make the Nuggets worse this year. Denver without Gallo is bottom three

Comment

Gallo is a pretty good player and he has pretty much won where ever his gone. I feel he would be a better fit for the team.
                    Better fit than JV in the short term and regular? Sure. But, we'll get killed in the playoffs. In the long term, JV has way more value because of his value to become a two way C. It seems like you just have it out for JV and you want him gone from this team no matter what.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• the fact that people are advocating trading JV and starting biyombo is a pretty major indictment of the basketball IQ on this forum.

Comment

• Wait Wut???

People actually are trying to Say that Jonas should get traded???

What inside tha Good have I missed??

Jonas is a Potential Superstar!!!Yet Mans feel he should get traded???

Bahahahah, WOW!!!

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
                          Wait Wut???

People actually are trying to Say that Jonas should get traded???

What inside tha Good have I missed??

Jonas is a Potential Superstar!!!Yet Mans feel he should get traded???

Bahahahah, WOW!!!
                          I'd only consider moving Jonas in a package for a supersatr. Any other kind of deal is pointless as he is easily capable of being a 20-10 center and he's only 23.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            I'd only consider moving Jonas in a package for a supersatr. Any other kind of deal is pointless as he is easily capable of being a 20-10 center and he's only 23.
                            Agreed.

Beyond that, even if you line up a superstar deal, if you aren't getting a center back you better have a second part to your plan because Biyombo cannot start.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              Agreed.

Beyond that, even if you line up a superstar deal, if you aren't getting a center back you better have a second part to your plan because Biyombo cannot start.
                              If the team plays at the same clip or even better with out JV. Wouldn't that prove that a team can be successful with him as a starter?

Cause so far the guy is averaging 5.5 Pts , 12.5 Rebs, 1.3 Blk while shooting 571 from the field. The team is 3-1 in that stretch against some tough teams. JV probably going to miss another 15 more games. Lets say he misses a told of 20 games and raps go 14-6 in that stretch. Wouldn't that prove BB is starter material?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If the team plays at the same clip or even better with out JV. Wouldn't that prove that a team can be successful with him as a starter?

Cause so far the guy is averaging 5.5 Pts , 12.5 Rebs, 1.3 Blk while shooting 571 from the field. The team is 3-1 in that stretch against some tough teams. JV probably going to miss another 15 more games. Lets say he misses a told of 20 games and raps go 14-6 in that stretch. Wouldn't that prove BB is starter material?
                                You rely too much on team record to attempt to prove points about individual players. It doesn't really work that way.

If the Raps go 14-6, does that mean Jonas can sit out the rest of the season?

Comment

Working...
                                X