Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confident dumping Ross will free enough to sign Biz

Comment

• It's going to be damn hard to keep him. Even if you clear out the cap space; with so many teams having a lot of cap space and not a lot of money to spend it; this man is going to get WAY overpaid.

For a player who was almost out of the league; he's not going to be able to turn that down. At the same time; you're not going to want to overpay for who will be your back up 5. I'm going to miss this guy a LOT.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• If we unload Tross for a draft pick whats the max we can offer BB with Demar's cap hold?

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
          If we unload Tross for a draft pick whats the max we can offer BB with Demar's cap hold?
          Lets do this

Offer Demar 23-24m
          Offer Biz 11.5-12.5m

Trade Ross and 9th pick to bulls fr Mirotic and 14th pick
          Sign Jared Dudley to around a 6-7m deal

Lowry(12)-Cojo(7) - Delon(1.5)
          DD(23.5) -Powell(1) - Veteran min(carter?) or Daniels (1m)
          Carroll(15)-Dudley(6) - Bruno(2)
          Patterson(7)-Mirotic(5) - Bebe(2)
          Jonas(15)-Biz(12) - 14th pick (1.5m)

Minutes

Demar - 36
          Lowry - 33
          Carroll - 29
          Jonas - 25
          Biyombo - 23
          Cojo - 23
          Patterson - 23
          Dudley - 21
          Powell -20
          Mirotic - 3
          Others- 4 minutes
          Last edited by Abbas; Tue May 24, 2016, 02:12 AM.
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            Lets do this

Offer Demar 23-24m
            Offer Biz 11.5-12.5m

Minutes

Demar - 36
            Lowry - 33
            Carroll - 29
            Jonas - 25
            Biyombo - 23
            Cojo - 23
            Patterson - 23
            Dudley - 21
            Powell -20
            Mirotic - 3
            Others- 4 minutes

like someone else said above, raptors really lucked out by having 2 elite centers playing for them this season. But its too good to last, especially since MLSE (the owners of raps/leafs) are a bunch of cheap arses. A team like lakers do not care about luxury tax that much and probably wouldn't mind offering BB the max. The rockets is another team that could offer BB a big contract, and they have a huge advantange in that there is no income tax in houston.

Im almost 100% certain that BB loves toronto too, we are a highly multicultural place, and im sure there is a sizable population of Congolese people around that he can hang around with. Its a real shame, but thats life I guess.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              Lets do this

Offer Demar 23-24m
              Offer Biz 11.5-12.5m

Minutes

Demar - 36
              Lowry - 33
              Carroll - 29
              Jonas - 25
              Biyombo - 23
              Cojo - 23
              Patterson - 23
              Dudley - 21
              Powell -20
              Mirotic - 3
              Others- 4 minutes
              This isn't 2K...
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                If we unload Tross for a draft pick whats the max we can offer BB with Demar's cap hold?
                Well, all our guys signed for next year minus Ross adds up to 59.72M.

Add to that cap holds for the 9th and 27th picks and Demar's cap hold (2.25M, 1.00M and 15.15M respectively), that puts us at a grand total of 78.12M.

With the cap expected to be 90M, and us having 12 guys signed or on the cap, it leaves us just under 12M to sign Biz.

This is assuming the Ross deal brings back 0 salary, and we rescind the offers to Scola, Johnson, Thompson and De Colo.

Dan let me know if I messed up with any numbers, it's 3am and I just did quick google searches for them aha.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Add to that cap holds for the 9th and 27th picks and Demar's cap hold (2.25M, 1.00M and 15.15M respectively), that puts us at a grand total of 78.12M.

With the cap expected to be 90M, and us having 12 guys signed or on the cap, it leaves us just under 12M to sign Biz.

This is assuming the Ross deal brings back 0 salary, and we rescind the offers to Scola, Johnson, Thompson and De Colo.

Dan let me know if I messed up with any numbers, it's 3am and I just did quick google searches for them aha.
                  Do the first rounders get cap holds?

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    Do the first rounders get cap holds?

Before they sign they get cap holds at 100% of the rookie scale. They'll both sign at 120%, but they'll sign after all moves are made so for cap space questions you take into account the 100% number.

Comment

Before they sign they get cap holds at 100% of the rookie scale. They'll both sign at 120%, but they'll sign after all moves are made so for cap space questions you take into account the 100% number.
                      Nice. So a Ross trade gets biz signed.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        Nice. So a Ross trade gets biz signed.

It definitely should.

I feel like taking into account how much he likes the city, his comfort in his role and comfort with the GM, coach and teammates, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for 10M.

4 year/40M contract would also let us keep De Colo's rights or have him come back over to play for us.

Comment

Close enough.

Only number really off is your cap assumption, latest projections are 92M, so clearing Ross for nothing means about 14M in cap space.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Biyombo is getting paid next year... And deservedly so.

Comment

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
                              like someone else said above, raptors really lucked out by having 2 elite centers playing for them this season. But its too good to last, especially since MLSE (the owners of raps/leafs) are a bunch of cheap arses. A team like lakers do not care about luxury tax that much and probably wouldn't mind offering BB the max.
                              Because they CAN offer Biz the max. We can't. It's not about MLSE at all; it's about the basic rules of the CBA. We don't have his Bird rights, which would let us offer him a max and go into the tax to do so.

Comment

• So if we can and do re-sign biyombo, what is our approach to the 4 and 5 spots next season?

I'm warming up to the idea of having JV continue to develop the mid-range game in order to reach a level where you can play him at the 5 and biyombo at the 4 for 8-10 minutes a game, and just run a shitload of pick and roll / pop during that time in particular (and really, all game long honestly), to avoid overcrowding in the paint.

Then you draft a PF prospect and break down the minutes something like this:

Player \ C minutes \ PF minutes \ Total Minutes

JV \ 30 \ 0 \ 30
                                Biyombo\ 18 \ 9 \ 27
                                2pat \ 0 \ 27 \ 27
                                PF Rook \ 0 \ 12 \ 12

The goal here is to keep what has been shown as our great strength, our center duo, while getting enough minutes for everyone to continue developing (Bis, JV only 23/24 years old + new PF prospect).

If you look at it from a money standpoint you're probably spending ~30M on the JV/Bis combo + 6M (next year at least) for 2Pat and 2.4M for the 9th pick's rookie scale deal.

A $38M frontcourt next season, that was key to a team that reached the ECF and is pushing the so-called contender Cavs to at least 6. IMO that's really good value.

Comment

Working...
                                X