Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Cause Kyrie is a proven all-star. That's not a good comparison. All JV has proven is that his a capable starter.
    All-star selections are so arbitrary. They're just popularity contests among fans and coaches.

But if you were to tell me that Kyrie Irving has proven he's a far superior point guard to Mo Williams, based on individual stats/production, then I would agree with you. And I'd ask you to use that same logic with Jonas and Bismack. No team record required to establish either.

Comment

I don't see the big deal of Gallo moving to the 4? He plays there a majority of the time anyways. We play Carroll there to close out games and Gallo is bigger. Paul George is playing the 4 right now and Gallo is bigger than him too.
      According to his position estimate on BBRef, he spends about 59% of his time at SF this year. Which is fairly indicative of his previous seasons too.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I don't see the big deal of Gallo moving to the 4? He plays there a majority of the time anyways. We play Carroll there to close out games and Gallo is bigger. Paul George is playing the 4 right now and Gallo is bigger than him too.
        How about just not going after players who are gigantic injury risks?

Trading any assets for Gallo is plain stupid. Now if Denver just decides they want to dump his salary and will trade him without caring about picks or young players (ie like when Masai traded Gay), that's fine. But you don't give up anything of value for a guy who's played less than 80 games in the last 3 seasons. And I don't know if we can make a deal work that way anyway.

Comment

If the team plays at the same clip or even better with out JV. Wouldn't that prove that a team can be successful with him as a starter?

Cause so far the guy is averaging 5.5 Pts , 12.5 Rebs, 1.3 Blk while shooting 571 from the field. The team is 3-1 in that stretch against some tough teams. JV probably going to miss another 15 more games. Lets say he misses a told of 20 games and raps go 14-6 in that stretch. Wouldn't that prove BB is starter material?
          I think that would prove that Lowry is really, really good and you could probably drop in Hasheem Thabeet and still get the same record.

Comment

Even if he started all those games and put up 5.5, 12.5 and 2 Blk
            Nope.

It's those 5.5. A team starting BB in the playoffs will get ripped apart.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Even if he started all those games and put up 5.5, 12.5 and 2 Blk
              Yes. The only thing he does at a starter level is rebound. His D is pretty good but not that good. And he's beyond terrible at everything else. If you start Biyombo on a playoff team, you're shooting yourself in the foot before the playoffs even start.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                It's all about winning in the playoffs. That is the only time that you can use the W/L record as proof of anything.
                A lot of trades have happened in the past because of in season injuries.

Remember when Danny Granger and Paul George use to start together? Granger got hurt and Lance took his opportunity and ran with it. Granger was than traded that summer I think.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Yes. The only thing he does at a starter level is rebound. His D is pretty good but not that good. And he's beyond terrible at everything else. If you start Biyombo on a playoff team, you're shooting yourself in the foot before the playoffs even start.
                  After already shooting the other foot by having Casey as coach.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Gallo has never done "fine" defensively against anybody - PF, SF or even SG. A bit too slow to guard SFs and a not quite strong enough to guard PFs - very similar size/length and athleticism to Hedo. He's feisty, but has consistently been a minus defender for his whole career. PFs are getting more mobile, so he loses that advantage he had when. With Gallo at PF you also need to consider rebounding and I don't recall him being that good.

If the idea is to pair Biyombo with a stretch 4 because 2Pat is too inconsistent, then you might as well get a guy like Marvin Williams or a vet like Channing Frye. In the meantime, Scola is doing pretty well re-inventing himself at age 35 as a stretch 4, in addition to his low-post game.
                    Scola is doing a great job which I predicted he would. When everybody kept saying start 2pat when it was so obvious Scola was the better player.

You have to think about who Gallo will be guarding. I don't think Milsap is faster or stronger than Gallo. Same thing can be said about Love, Mirotic, Thad Young, Illayasova.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Gallo has never done "fine" defensively against anybody - PF, SF or even SG. A bit too slow to guard SFs and a not quite strong enough to guard PFs - very similar size/length and athleticism to Hedo. He's feisty, but has consistently been a minus defender for his whole career. PFs are getting more mobile, so he loses that advantage he had when. With Gallo at PF you also need to consider rebounding and I don't recall him being that good.

If the idea is to pair Biyombo with a stretch 4 because 2Pat is too inconsistent, then you might as well get a guy like Marvin Williams or a vet like Channing Frye. In the meantime, Scola is doing pretty well re-inventing himself at age 35 as a stretch 4, in addition to his low-post game.
                      Also Gallo is averaging 6.8 rebounds a game. Which is more than Scola.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Because Gallinari is playing 10 more minutes than Scola.

Comment

Gallo's averaging 6.6 in 34 mpg. Scola is averaging 6.1 in 23 mpg. Scola's a much better rebounder and it's not even close.

Comment

• Some of us are having a hard time understanding the context of statistics, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              All-star selections are so arbitrary. They're just popularity contests among fans and coaches.

But if you were to tell me that Kyrie Irving has proven he's a far superior point guard to Mo Williams, based on individual stats/production, then I would agree with you. And I'd ask you to use that same logic with Jonas and Bismack. No team record required to establish either.
                              JV has only proven to be superior on the offensive side of the ball and BB has proven to be superior on the defensive side of the ball. I feel that this team needs a superior defender at that position more than a superior offensive player at that position.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm surprised that this is even a conversation...

There is no way BB should be relied on to give a team ~30 minutes a night for an extended stretch.

The amount of energy and effort needed is doubled on the other 4 players every time they want to score the ball. You run a pick and roll? Double team. You're Kyle lowry, BB is on the floor? Triple team... Oh Hey is that BB wide open under the rim for an oop? Ball lands in the third row.

BB is a quality bench piece and has been performing admirably, but you don't want to put that much pressure on your other 4 players.

Kind of like our offense last year, it just isn't sustainable. No matter how good Kyle is. JV may be replaceable in terms of how we use him in this offense, but you need someone who can at the very least provide a stable 10-15 points a game and keep the defense honest

Comment

Working...
                                X