Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing a quote like this ...
    It was in a post game on court interview.

I wouldnt know where to find that quote, or how to find it, but it is out there, someone on another site found it for me last year.

Comment

I don't recall ever seeing a quote like this ...
      I think that's a little out of context. I think it was something along the lines of - My teammates know that by getting me going offensively it will open things up for them"

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        It was in a post game on court interview.

I wouldnt know where to find that quote, or how to find it, but it is out there, someone on another site found it for me last year.
        SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I think that's a little out of context. I think it was something along the lines of - My teammates know that by getting me going offensively it will open things up for them"
        Fair enough. For some reason I thought this was the Demar thread .. my bad. Lol

Comment

Fair enough. For some reason I thought this was the Demar thread .. my bad. Lol
          Every thread is the DeMar thread
          OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
            Every thread is the DeMar thread
            Or the Casey thread.

It's like a 70/30 split.

Comment

• Bismack Biyombo has spent time working on his post moves with Hakeem Olajuwon this month.
              https://twitter.com/ryanmcneill/stat...94256850550784

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we sent Jesse Mermuys to learn the Dream Shake.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we sent Jesse Mermuys to learn the Dream Shake.
                Step 1 - Grade school coach to teach him to catch a ball
                Step 2 - Hakeem teaching the dream shake

Interesting learning curve

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Probably should've sent him to Kareem to learn the sky hook..... lol.

Comment

• “My agent let me know the teams that would be calling me and right after 12, it was like 12:03, I got a phone call from Masai,” Biyombo recalled on a conference call on Thursday.

“So I was asking myself if he was going to talk to me about the summer camps (in Africa) and stuff, or if it was just going to be about basketball. We talked about how my family was doing more than we talked about basketball. And obviously, Masai has been a guy that has done a lot for Africa and us as young African players, we always look up to him and use Masai and Amadou (Fall) as our mentors,” he said.
                    “You want guys who love the game and Bismack loves the game,” Ujiri said.

“He’s one of those guys that is a basketball junkie and I think he’s going to continue to get better and better.

“He’s trying to figure it out in many ways, what his role and his specialty can be in the NBA, but what he does well now is offensive rebounding. He’s elite, blocking shots, offensive rebounding he’s elite,” Ujiri said of the 22-year-old who already has four years of NBA experience.

“Defensive rebounding I think he’s going to get better and then as a defensive player, he’s really a solid defender. We needed more physicality with our team, a screen-setter (important with Amir Johnson no longer with the Raptors), a roller, somebody that will always challenge, put a body on guys and that’s what Biyombo does.”
                    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/30...being-a-raptor
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• This seemed to increase JVs offensive IQ a lot. Hopefully it does the same for Biyombo.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                        I want to see this line up next season with Biz.

Lowry
                        Cojo
                        Carroll
                        Bebe
                        Biz

I think Bebe has got some range on his shot and think he would be a nice balance on the offence with Biz. Both of them would be extremely good with our interior defence and protect the rim like no other tandem. Perimeter defence, 3 point shooting, ball handling, slashing, etc.. all of that in this line up.
                        I just don't see DC putting BeBe on with Biyombo. Casey has basically told us he is going to play small ball in the fourth quarter.

Comment

• Bismack Biyombo phone interview
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                              And what morons is he referring to?

Seriously who in their right minds would think Faried is a much better defender than Biz?
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Did anyone catch the game which took place in Africa this past weekend? It was team USA vs. Team Africa. I caught the frist half or so and have to say Biyombo, on team Africa, looked like little more than a member of the audience. I know it's a glorified All Star game, but he just looked out of place. I realize we didn't invest much to bring him to Toronto, but I had hoped we were going to get some minutes out of him. He did not look like a rotation player in that game, so I'm really hoping it was just the cirumstances of that particular game.

Comment

Working...
                                X