X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Love this pickup.

For only 3 mill a year!
    Yep, Intriguing pick up. Good price. Big Depth / back up C? Stop gap at 4 / 2Pat backup? Nice to add some rim protection. Low risk, high reward potential.

Comment

Yeah, I really like the signing. If Casey can't coach a top 5 defence with Carroll, no Vasquez, adding Biyombo...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

2Pat can be our starting PF
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
          some fast facts on Biyombo's defence & rebounding to put it in perspective

- his 2.9blks per 36min and 6.3 block percentage ranked 4th last season behind Rudy Gobert, Hassan Whiteside and John Henson (with a minimum of 1,000 minutes)
          - He held opponents to just 0.55 points per possession in isolation situations. Placing him in the 95th percentile.
          - Ranked 9th in offensive rebounding percentage among players who logged at least 1,000 minutes last season.
          - has one of the highest +/- net differences in team defence and rebounding on the court vs when he sat.
          - 11.8rebs per 36min ranks him top 15 in the league last season.

not bad for $3mil a year...
          How much is due to playing on the Hornets under Clifford a defensive coach. Most defensive coaches have teams that rebound too, since getting stops and no rebound is pointless

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            When will people stop doubting Masai?
            Masai is the man. We're lucky to have him.

Comment

jpaps wrote: View Post
              Don't forget we trade Greivis. Really making sense as to what Masai thinks of Casey. He's giving him a ton of defensive minded players for next season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Or for Thibs in a year's time. Def time for DC to put up or shut up he's being given players with defensive tools.

Comment

he's aight
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

JaVale McGee is still kicking around the league

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    How much is due to playing on the Hornets under Clifford a defensive coach. Most defensive coaches have teams that rebound too, since getting stops and no rebound is pointless
                    Casey is supposed to be defensive coach too...but even a defensive team like the Hornets were a better team with Biyombo on the court than off it i.e

- "the hornets grabbed just 20.3 percent of missed shots with Biyombo on the bench but 25.9 percent when he played. That first number is worse than the 30th-ranked Atlanta Hawks, but with Biyombo, they ranked in the top 10."

- "the hornets allowed 98.7 points per 100 possessions with Biyombo on the floor and 102.0 when he sat—the difference between the 2nd best- and 12th-best defenses in the league."

Biyombo seems to have a natural gift for defence and rebounding...not a lick of offensive and like I said earlier, he's best bet is to focus on a simple pick & roll game at the very least so he's not a liability.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      Not sold on Biyombo being a good defender. There is a difference between being a good sot blocker (Biyombo) and being a good defender.

If he plays more than 10 minute per game we are a lottery team.
                      Watching those defensive plays he was taking excellent position and bodying up to keep the guys as far from the hoop as possible. Whether he can do that against the heavier centers (who am I kidding...he won't be able to).

Comment

Is he better than Stiemsma? And than Hayes?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Is he better than Stiemsma? And than Hayes?
                          noone is better than Stiemsma or Hayes...

Comment

What is this offseason turning into. This is a very meh..signing tbh.

Still waiting on a demar trade, or for a team name chamge to nuggets.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post

Yeah, GREAT point. Finding a big defensive minded 3 and locking him up for 4 years is a joke, not like we needed him or anything.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post

this offseason is not even close to done...MU has to have a trade in the work to address starting PF and the Ridnour pickup was a clear indication on a trade in the works...but no I don't think that trade will have anything to do with Demar.

Comment

Working...
                                X