Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Just curious. The current NBA is trending away from mid range shooting and demar is a heavy mid range shooter. How do you feel about that?
    you can add high volume, low efficiency non defensive player to that as well.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      KL/Cojo/DD/DC/BB line up has an Offrtg of 118....
      Where did you get that stat from? You've been called on it before. They have an OffRtg of 107.6 and a DefRtg of 100.8 according to NBA.com.

The same lineup with JV instead of BB has an Offrtg of 124.8 and a DefRtg of 97.6.

Let me highlight those numbers again:

They have an OffRtg of 107.6 and a DefRtg of 100.8 according to NBA.com.

The same lineup with JV instead of BB has an Offrtg of 124.8 and a DefRtg of 97.6.

Let's shut this discussion down (if we're going to argue in 25-35 minute sample sizes).
      Last edited by S.R.; Tue Dec 1, 2015, 12:34 PM.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        And that cashing in isn't Gallo.
        Gallo was an option if DMC wasn't available. Obvious his the number 1 target when it comes to JV trades. I don't see why Divac wouldn't take that its better than anything the Celtics could offer.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I just snorted my milk....
          I can't believe he beat you to it...

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            there aren't a lot of 1 dimensional old school low efficiency shooting guards in the nba either..... so bye bye demar then eh?
            Lol its funny seeing you turn everything into DD.

Comment

Gallo was an option if DMC wasn't available. Obvious his the number 1 target when it comes to JV trades. I don't see why Divac wouldn't take that its better than anything the Celtics could offer.
              Gallo never should be an option.

Comment

• Sign me up for the Gallo wagon! Just kidding, but these were actually nice:

Eat it, Bogut!

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  there aren't a lot of 1 dimensional old school low efficiency shooting guards in the nba either..... so bye bye demar then eh?
                  Its a possibility but, I feel the raps value DD more than they do JV. Lowry/Derozan together are the best backcourt in the east
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I just don't see him having that much value as the years go on. I feel the raps have to cash in on him sooner than later. The way the game is trending there aren't really that many offensive low post Centers. Just look at the draft for example. All the bigs are able to play outside and inside.
                    And why should every team try to build with the same kinds of players? That's how you fail. There is likely to be one team (or maybe two or three) that can simply build that type of team with better players than everyone else. That's why you are probably never going to beat GSW going small. And that's why if you can maximize the situations/spaces your team can be effective in, you do it. A low-post interior player can still give you a very nice comparative advantage, be it in general if the guy is talented enough, or situationally if the guy is a solid player who causes matchup problems when opponents try to change the outlook of the game. The more ways you can create advantages the better.

Following trends is often how you end up behind the pack. Don't worry about trends, worry about finding talent and creating a unique team identity/style of play. Jonas is good enough to be a core piece on a contender. He's a good 2-way player who could be great or even excellent if given more opportunity. He's probably the most selfless guy on the team (I mean no one has put up with more crap under Casey, not even JJ the malcontent) and we know he values winning above all else...Above his numbers, above his usage or being "the guy", above recognition and respect from outsiders.

Unless you're getting a superstar you don't trade him. EVen among superstars, I'd be wary of trading him for guys with all the talent, but who've had IQ/attitude or other mental issues playing the game. For example the Griffins or Cousins of the league who just don't seem to make the most of the talent they have and don't seem to elevate their teams enough (keep in mind in trading for them you might seriously hinder flexibility, so that's part of the reason I find it very hard to want to trade for such a guy).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I just snorted my milk....
                      Then I've done my job.

Enjoy your malk.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Just curious. The current NBA is trending away from mid range shooting and demar is a heavy mid range shooter. How do you feel about that?
                        If DD wasn't so elite at getting to the line than it would be an issue. In till his FT attempts start to decline he'll always have value. His also become a good play maker for others.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          And why should every team try to build with the same kinds of players? That's how you fail. There is likely to be one team (or maybe two or three) that can simply build that type of team with better players than everyone else. That's why you are probably never going to beat GSW going small. And that's why if you can maximize the situations/spaces your team can be effective in, you do it. A low-post interior player can still give you a very nice comparative advantage, be it in general if the guy is talented enough, or situationally if the guy is a solid player who causes matchup problems when opponents try to change the outlook of the game. The more ways you can create advantages the better.

Following trends is often how you end up behind the pack. Don't worry about trends, worry about finding talent and creating a unique team identity/style of play. Jonas is good enough to be a core piece on a contender. He's a good 2-way player who could be great or even excellent if given more opportunity. He's probably the most selfless guy on the team (I mean no one has put up with more crap under Casey, not even JJ the malcontent) and we know he values winning above all else...Above his numbers, above his usage or being "the guy", above recognition and respect from outsiders.

Unless you're getting a superstar you don't trade him. EVen among superstars, I'd be wary of trading him for guys with all the talent, but who've had IQ/attitude or other mental issues playing the game. For example the Griffins or Cousins of the league who just don't seem to make the most of the talent they have and don't seem to elevate their teams enough (keep in mind in trading for them you might seriously hinder flexibility, so that's part of the reason I find it very hard to want to trade for such a guy).
                          Weird that you grouped Griffin and Cousins in the same category.

Anyway, JV for anything less than a multiple Allstar would make the Raptors the laughingstock of the league.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Sign me up for the Gallo wagon! Just kidding, but these were actually nice:

Eat it, Bogut!
                            His playing 4 in both of those highlights
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If DD wasn't so elite at getting to the line than it would be an issue. In till his FT attempts start to decline he'll always have value. His also become a good play maker for others.
                              Similarly, JV does a lot of other things than just being a low post scorer. Good rebounder, good rim protector, good roller (though it's a different story we don't exploit that strength of his).
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• With Biz and Gallo you'd be somewhat back to the Colangelo school of building with one-way players, like Reggie Evans and Bargs. Dirk and Tyson Chandler worked in Dallas because Dirk is a GOAT and Tyson Chandler was an elite PnR finisher playing with a HoF PG (J.Kidd).

Casey said in an interview the whole idea of the off-season was to get 2-way players. Gallo is a defensive liability, and pretty sure Casey would be quickly blaming him for messing up the entire defensive mindset of the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X