Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

he's aight
    Biggest downfall of this signing, every SPortsNet showing of Raptors game will have this 1.8 times per night:

Leo Rautions: "You know, I say this so many times but it is still true, I don't know why guys don't catch that ball when they are up there. Why throw it out of bounds when you can easily catch it or deflect it to a teammate?"

Comment

• Standing reach of 9'4", young, good timing on blocks and rebounds and athletic! Yup, I'm happy with that signing. Great back up C. We have a pretty good bench coming along.

Bismak, Patrick, Terrence (or JJ), Lou (most likely) and .... I would like to see Corey Joseph

We also can sign some veteran minimum guys. I like what they've done this off season, we just have to find a starting PF.

Comment

• Biyombo is the next Amir. Comes in young, raw and hungry, and will leave a beloved vet with a solid all-around game ... and no ankles.

Love the pickup.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Biggest downfall of this signing, every SPortsNet showing of Raptors game will have this 1.8 times per night:

Leo Rautions: "You know, I say this so many times but it is still true, I don't know why guys don't catch that ball when they are up there. Why throw it out of bounds when you can easily catch it or deflect it to a teammate?"
          Biyombo is trying to grab it. He just has the worst hands in the NBA

Comment

Hahahah This is all I was thinking I was watching those blocks.

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
              Let me add to the earlier explanation that this chart is color coded as a heat map. Red means the shooter is hot from that area (shoots better than all other shooters do from that area). Then orange, yellow, and blue means the shooter is cold from that area.

So basically, people got cold shooting against Biyombo from the central part of the court.
              Well Central (51%) and out to the Right block (26%). The 46% is likely his weak side of the court, where he would be in help situations and scrambling. Not sure what the Hornets help schemes would have been, but that would help/hinder that number for him. Him being as mobile as he is, I think he'll be super effective in Caseys effed-up system .. so there's that. Lol

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Biyombo is trying to grab it. He just has the worst hands in the NBA
                Palming the ball after a block... that would be awesome. Just grabbing it with one hand out of mid air like a tennis ball ... that's what I imagine he is trying to do ... so like my dog when he tries to catch soccer balls with his mouth.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Imagine palming the ball after a block. Just grabbing it with one hand out of mid air like a tennis ball ... that's what I imagine he is trying to do ... so like my dog when he tries to catch soccer balls with his mouth.
                  Wait til Bismark swats a pass three rows up on offense

Comment

• All da defense.

Comment

• Is he better than Stiemsma/Hayes

Comment

The worst thing is when Leo asks Matt, like Matt's a small child:

"What do I always say?"

And then Matt fumbles around trying to remember which of the six or seven things Leo repeats ad nauseam. And then Leo cuts him off and Matt rushes to agree with him so it doesn't seem super awkward. But it always does.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Well Central (51%) and out to the Right block (26%). The 46% is likely his weak side of the court, where he would be in help situations and scrambling. Not sure what the Hornets help schemes would have been, but that would help/hinder that number for him. Him being as mobile as he is, I think he'll be super effective in Caseys effed-up system .. so there's that. Lol
                          Actually, I was just watching his highlight reel. It looks like he always jump up and blocks with his left hand. That's a lot more effective on the right block, than on the left block where you have to come across your body to block with your left.

Maybe someone who knows the stats can confirm this for me: it's really interesting, if my eyes are telling me the truth.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Is he better than Stiemsma/Hayes
                            Yes, which is why it is a good signing and at less than half the cost of those two last year.

Comment

• Is he a C or a PF?

Comment

• Can guard either but plays like a Center
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X