No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the madness. Ben Wallace is to Bismack Biyombo as Michael Jordan is to DeMar DeRozan.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Stop the madness. Ben Wallace is to Bismack Biyombo as Michael Jordan is to DeMar DeRozan.
      No his not. I just gave enough example that show that. BB having a BW like career isn't impossible.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• how the hell are we still discussing biyombo comparisons to ben wallace?

Did you people never watch Detroit-era Ben Wallace play? We're talking about a 4x DPOY, and my god did he ever deserve them. Bismack isn't even a third as good defensively.

Not to mention Biyombo is somehow even WORSE than Ben was on offence. At least wallace could catch, finish a putback, pass to a teammate, etc. Biyombo is so bad that guys can double away from him INSIDE THE KEY and rarely get punished.

Biyombo is closer to reggie evans than ben wallace.
        Last edited by KHD; Sun Nov 29, 2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Exactly JV could come off the bench and get all the shoots he wants.
          DD could also come off the bench to solve the USG problem.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            how the hell are we still discussing biyombo comparisons to ben wallace?

Did you people never watch Ben Wallace play? We're talking about a 4x DPOY. Bismack isn't even a third as good defensively.

Not to mention Biyombo is somehow even WORSE than Ben was on offence. At least wallace could catch, finish a putback, pass to a teammate, etc. Biyombo is so bad that guys can double away from him INSIDE THE KEY and rarely get punished.

Biyombo is closer to reggie evans than ben wallace.
            So far BB shoots a higher percentage from the field and free throw line than Wallace did. Wallace averaged more turnovers than BB does. Also when Wallace became that type of player he was in his prime. BB is still just 23 he could still get better. No way his a finished product yet.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So far BB shoots a higher percentage from the field and free throw line than Wallace did. Wallace averaged more turnovers than BB does. Also when Wallace became that type of player he was in his prime. BB is still just 23 he could still get better. No way his a finished product yet.
              Yeah Biyombo sucks. Comparing a stretch of games to an entire career is less than useful

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Yeah Biyombo sucks. Comparing a stretch of games to an entire career is less than useful
                What are you talking about I'm comparing their careers. If you look at both their first 3 years BB is better and he was younger as well.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• People want to hate on comparison without any legit fact lol. Well except "BB sucks"
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You cant say a guy is a career bench player at 23. Ben Wallace only became a full time starter in his 4th year in the league after he left Washington. His first 3 years in Washington he played 147 games only started 32 games. I'm sure people thought that he would be a career back up at that point. Its all about opportunity in the NBA.
                    OK...but then you also can't expect Biyombo to suddenly get it and start having Wallace like effect out of nowhere. He was an exception. It'd be like expecting every PG to start getting it at age 28 because Nash and Billups did.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

What are you talking about I'm comparing their careers. If you look at both their first 3 years BB is better and he was younger as well.
                      Wallace first three was a scrub. He wasn't offensively useless though just challenged he had skills on offense.
                      Biyombo is really bad offensively. Bad hands, no shot or touch and poor instincts

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Wallace first three was a scrub. He wasn't offensively useless though just challenged he had skills on offense.
                        Biyombo is really bad offensively. Bad hands, no shot or touch and poor instincts
                        Well what kind of shot or touch did Ben Wallace have? Cause the numbers say that BB was more efficient than Ben in the early parts of his career.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          OK...but then you also can't expect Biyombo to suddenly get it and start having Wallace like effect out of nowhere. He was an exception. It'd be like expecting every PG to start getting it at age 28 because Nash and Billups did.
                          No, not every big is a physical specimen. Not every big has 7'6" wingspan. Not every big can jump out the gym. Not every big has the timing down to block shots.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

People want to hate on comparison without any legit fact lol. Well except "BB sucks"
                            I like Bismack a lot. I like his toughness his rebounding... I even enjoy drawing comparisons to Ben Wallace myself sometimes.. but if you truly think he's on par with him defensively, I'm going to have to walk you through some statistics.

Comment

Well what kind of shot or touch did Ben Wallace have? Cause the numbers say that BB was more efficient than Ben in the early parts of his career.
                              Catch and dunk. This is what Biyombo can't do consistently. He also turns over Oreb by fumbling it out. He causes TO that arent really counted as TO by fumbling or just missing the ball.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                I like Bismack a lot. I like his toughness his rebounding... I even enjoy drawing comparisons to Ben Wallace myself sometimes.. but if you truly think he's on par with him defensively, I'm going to have to walk you through some statistics.
                                I like him too but watching him and his impact on oiffense really can't be captured by numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X