Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    here they are saying that our team scores better than charlotte so "the biz", i love that name by the way, has a better chance to get on the floor, not that his offense will benefit. it will still be 4 on 5 when he is on the court.

anything on offense he gives us, which should only be putbacks that don't require soft hands and open dunks, not alley oops because i doubt he can catch, adjust and put back are all bonuses. the biz is only here to block shots and rebound. he is only here to deter drives when people have to make adjustments for an elite shot blocker.
    Exactly. Despite his predilections for going small in the 4th, Biz is pretty much what Casey wants in a backup 5. It's what Tyler brought to the table, despite being 6'8 at that position. Same goes for Hayes - undersized with no O - though a much different kind of player.

Biyombo is more than a little bit like Psycho-T, but with legitimate centre length. He definitely doesn't need looks on offense to make an impact. I just hope we have more drop-offs and big-to-big passes now that we have legit finishers down there, lack of great hands bedamned.

Comment

• I want to see this line up next season with Biz.

Lowry
      Cojo
      Carroll
      Bebe
      Biz

I think Bebe has got some range on his shot and think he would be a nice balance on the offence with Biz. Both of them would be extremely good with our interior defence and protect the rim like no other tandem. Perimeter defence, 3 point shooting, ball handling, slashing, etc.. all of that in this line up.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
        I want to see this line up next season with Biz.

Lowry
        Cojo
        Carroll
        Bebe
        Biz

I think Bebe has got some range on his shot and think he would be a nice balance on the offence with Biz. Both of them would be extremely good with our interior defence and protect the rim like no other tandem. Perimeter defence, 3 point shooting, ball handling, slashing, etc.. all of that in this line up.
        i may vomit

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          i may vomit
          Whys that? Theres nothing wrong with experimenting with line ups and seeing how they play out in real time, thats how the best line ups get made. You can't determine chemistry on paper.

Edit: I wasn't suggesting this line up to be our starting line up but a line up that would be played on the court to see how they mesh together.
          Last edited by BS10; Fri Jul 24, 2015, 12:17 AM.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Whys that? Theres nothing wrong with experimenting with line ups and seeing how they play out in real time, thats how the best line ups get made. You can't determine chemistry on paper.

Edit: I wasn't suggesting this line up to be our starting line up but a line up that would be played on the court to see how they mesh together.
            I quite like it. Two guards, two mobile bigs, and our beast of a kickout man to keep the force in balance. It probably will never play, but on paper it's better than some of the crap that got trotted out last year. I know Bebe got on the court at least once at PF last season.

Comment

with this coach? that lineup will result in one thing and one thing only. Lowry ISO jumpshits.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                with this coach? that lineup will result in one thing and one thing only. Lowry ISO jumpshits.
                This whole Casey only does iso thing is ridiculous. The year of the Gay trade the ball was flying around and Toronto became one of the better passing teams. Not to mention they've added Joseph and Carroll, guys from teams that put a priority on ball movement and added Scola who is a very capable passer. Casey and Masai have already admitted that the style of play from last year was flawed and was partially due to the type of players they had and some extenuating circumstances.

I really think that ball movement will significantly improve this year. I think that although DeMar does take his fair share of bad shots, he didn't really have a viable option to pass to a lot of times.

Example:

Lowry - Off shooting numbers from 3 likely due to nagging injuries
                TRoss or JJ - TRoss was so up and down, couldn't depend on him all the time and JJ can't shoot 3's
                Amir - Ok, sometimes he'd make 3's but hes not a 'stretch 4'
                JV - Probably should have got the ball more, but if he got double teamed its not like he had a perimeter threat to pass to
                PPat - up and down

Anyway, the point is, with Carroll spotted up behind the 3 point line and shooting nearly 40% DeMar is going to be making that kick out pass WAY more often. And he's going to do it because he's greedy (which is fine). Reason being, if Carroll, Lowry and PPat are able to rain 3's the floor is going to open up for DeMar. That means he'll take less ill-advised long 2's because theres going to be enough spacing on the floor for him to drive. The midrange will always be a part of DeMars game, but between his ability to get to the basket and his ability to kick the ball out, I actually expect DeMar to drastically increase his assist totals.

Now, I will sit back and wait for all the naysayers to tell me about how Casey is a complete moron and DeMar is a good for nothing ball hog.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  This whole Casey only does iso thing is ridiculous. The year of the Gay trade the ball was flying around and Toronto became one of the better passing teams. Not to mention they've added Joseph and Carroll, guys from teams that put a priority on ball movement and added Scola who is a very capable passer. Casey and Masai have already admitted that the style of play from last year was flawed and was partially due to the type of players they had and some extenuating circumstances.

I really think that ball movement will significantly improve this year. I think that although DeMar does take his fair share of bad shots, he didn't really have a viable option to pass to a lot of times.

Example:

TRoss or JJ - TRoss was so up and down, couldn't depend on him all the time and JJ can't shoot 3's
                  JV - Probably should have got the ball more, but if he got double teamed its not like he had a perimeter threat to pass to
                  PPat - up and down

Anyway, the point is, with Carroll spotted up behind the 3 point line and shooting nearly 40% DeMar is going to be making that kick out pass WAY more often. And he's going to do it because he's greedy (which is fine). Reason being, if Carroll, Lowry and PPat are able to rain 3's the floor is going to open up for DeMar. That means he'll take less ill-advised long 2's because theres going to be enough spacing on the floor for him to drive. The midrange will always be a part of DeMars game, but between his ability to get to the basket and his ability to kick the ball out, I actually expect DeMar to drastically increase his assist totals.

Now, I will sit back and wait for all the naysayers to tell me about how Casey is a complete moron and DeMar is a good for nothing ball hog.
                  Just wait till December

That's all
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

the ball wasnt really 'flying around' the year of the gay trade. we were still something like bottom 20th in assists. in terms of number of makes due to assists, we were also right in the middle mediocre 15th in the league.

it just looked amazing because we were used to such shit.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      the ball wasnt really 'flying around' the year of the gay trade. we were still something like bottom 20th in assists. in terms of number of makes due to assists, we were also right in the middle mediocre 15th in the league.

it just looked amazing because we were used to such shit.
                      I'd rather take the 2013-14 shit than the shit we saw last year.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Charlotte fan saying letting Biyombo walk was a huge mistake

https://youtu.be/AOe5-JqUFYA
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Charlotte fan saying letting Biyombo walk was a huge mistake

https://youtu.be/AOe5-JqUFYA
                          I bet that's you lol
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Example:

PPat - up and down

Demar himself said that once he gets himself going he will then look for his teammates.

How is a greedy guy gonna pass up the ball.

And dont forget that Carrol is best at recieving the second pass from a collapsed defense, not the initial kickout.

And that is putting alot of faith in Demars ability to break down the defense in the first place, which for him, consists of a complete clearout of space, 4 dribbles, 3 pumpfake lean.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              Demar himself said that once he gets himself going he will then look for his teammates.

And dont forget that Carrol is best at recieving the second pass from a collapsed defense, not the initial kickout.

And that is putting alot of faith in Demars ability to break down the defense in the first place, which for him, consists of a complete clearout of space, 4 dribbles, 3 pumpfake lean.
                              Demar will be able to break down the defence better with ppatt starting because there will be more space to operate leading to more passing lanes. I know Demar numbers were much better playing with Patterson 2 years ago but not sure about last year.
                              If jv is used a pick n roll/ pop/ post guy it'll help a lot more as well

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

I don't recall ever seeing a quote like this ...

Comment

Working...
                                X