Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    My brother is an AAU, OBA coach. He starts kids in clinics and teams as young as 8 and 9
    Yes but not all kids need to start that young. I coached a kid his first year playing in grade 10. Was a soccer guy and had great natural talent but didn't even know all the rules (never heard of things like 3 secs in lane, back over violation or what constituted a foul). We worked extra hard with him to learn the mental game in addition to the rest and he made the high school team the next year.

It's great for kids to start young but I very much doubt it is a prerequisite for success. I'd wager the vast majority of players at the HS level in Canada and US get there by pure talent and then spend those years (age 14-19) to really learn the rest.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Defensive Captain!
      I'm really impressed with how he handled this interview and his attitude towards being a raptor and playing with this team during the season.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Yes but not all kids need to start that young. I coached a kid his first year playing in grade 10. Was a soccer guy and had great natural talent but didn't even know all the rules (never heard of things like 3 secs in lane, back over violation or what constituted a foul). We worked extra hard with him to learn the mental game in addition to the rest and he made the high school team the next year.

It's great for kids to start young but I very much doubt it is a prerequisite for success. I'd wager the vast majority of players at the HS level in Canada and US get there by pure talent and then spend those years (age 14-19) to really learn the rest.
        While I don't believe it is the bible, the book "Outliers" talks about how common it is for extremely high performers in many different fields, sports, music etc. to start breaking out when they have achieved something around the 10,000 hours of structured practice mark. That's one of the reasons so many star hockey players are born in Jan-Mar. As young players, being born in the first month or two of the year your age group will be playing in gives you a big jump up. A kid who is 7, born in January, playing with kids who are seven, born the following December is 15% older and more physically developed. They get more playing time, get on Rep teams, get shuttled into off-season training camps and continue to play at a higher level, with more individual attention and practice time. By the time they hit 18, they are closing in on that magic 10,000 hour mark.

BB is a long way from that. Jordan was a phenom, and was also known for his gruelling off-season practice sessions when a lot of the league's players were still taking the summers off.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I am the exact opposite. Studied and still study the game, do that with every sport, just to maximize my talent.

Comment

• Defensive beast.

2nd favourite player after Lowry tonight.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
              Defensive beast.

2nd favourite player after Lowry tonight.
              For me it goes Lowry, Ross then Biz. I might even put Ross before Lowry only because he was more of a shock. You know what Lowry is going to give you when healthy. Even though he supposedly has a sore groin :/
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                For me it goes Lowry, Ross then Biz. I might even put Ross before Lowry only because he was more of a shock. You know what Lowry is going to give you when healthy. Even though he supposedly has a sore groin :/
                Yea, those 3 could be interchangeable tonight for me in terms of incredible performance and importance to our roster or the game. I agree with you that I didn't expect Ross to be so effective on the defensive side of the floor. He was a lockdown defender and surprisingly better than anything everyone posited of him going into the game.

Lowry was also a surprise. I didn't expect him to outplay CP3 on both sides of the floor, although i've known him to be capable of doing so in the past and previous games. He was like perfect in every aspect of his game. I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season and becomes as consistent and efficient as he was tonight. There's no question he's our best player on our team.

I also like JV's perimeter game and seems like he's going to be a reliable player from 15-20 feet out, if he plays with the same level of confidence as he did tonight. It was great that the Raps fed him early on to get him comfortable for the rest of the game. He's going to be a great offensive talent for us and source for buckets when we need them. I like that he's clearly going to be our #3 option for the team.

Overall amazing performance altogether-- from starters to everyone else. Nothing but amazement from watching them play this well tonight. I want Biz to develop a mid-range shot so he could see take over the starting 4 spot. But I know it's too early to consider that or see that happening.
                Last edited by BS10; Sun Oct 4, 2015, 11:37 PM.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Overall amazing performance altogether-- from starters to everyone else. Nothing but amazement from watching them play this well tonight. I want Biz to develop a mid-range shot so he could see take over the starting 4 spot. But I know it's too early to consider that or see that happening.
                  I doubt that will happen, but he did hit a turnaround jumpshot from the post, which was nothing but net, if he can hit that consistently, watch out.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    I doubt that will happen, but he did hit a turnaround jumpshot from the post, which was nothing but net, if he can hit that consistently, watch out.
                    Yea, I saw that. Really impressed by him and his post skills so far. I remember 2pat mentioning that Biyombo was working on his post-up game during training camp. I think Scola's been helping him out with developing a post game. It's going to be amazing watching his transformation this season. I also like the Scola/Biyombo combo a lot. They play well off each other. Our 2nd unit was the real reason we won that game so easily.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Yea, I saw that. Really impressed by him and his post skills so far. I remember 2pat mentioning that Biyombo was working on his post-up game during training camp. I think Scola's been helping him out with developing a post game. It's going to be amazing watching his transformation this season. I also like the Scola/Biyombo combo a lot. They play well off each other. Our 2nd unit was the real reason we won that game so easily.
                      This is the strongest 2nd unit I can remember for the Raps. If our 2nd unit was a team, I think they'd battle for a playoff spot in the East.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        This is the strongest 2nd unit I can remember for the Raps. If our 2nd unit was a team, I think they'd battle for a playoff spot in the East.
                        Does Bruno get included in that? Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Does Bruno get included in that? Lol
                          Nope, he's 3rd unit, which will be playing for the DLeague title later this year.

Comment

• Loved what i saw from Biz last night specially on D the way he communicates.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Seeing Bruno play with the bench, it looked like he could be a contributing bench player next year. With other good defenders on the floor he looked very disruptive, he just got lost a few too many times. Learning the system in the dleague and refining his game a little more should help him get to that point

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                                Seeing Bruno play with the bench, it looked like he could be a contributing bench player next year. With other good defenders on the floor he looked very disruptive, he just got lost a few too many times. Learning the system in the dleague and refining his game a little more should help him get to that point
                                He looked like a young NBA prospect last night for sure, instead of just some long lanky guy. His Defense was good, he didn't force anything until the last few minutes. He took open shots. He made the right pass.

If he could knock down 40% of his open looks then he would be useful in limited minutes off the bench.

A full season in the Dleague as the main focus could really do wonders for him, might have a solid 2nd/3rd string player for next year

Comment

Working...
                                X