No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I'm curious about is how Biz went from a non-tender $3 million player to the almost indispensable ~$15 million player when his raw stats were almost exactly the same last year to this?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      One thing I'm curious about is how Biz went from a non-tender $3 million player to the almost indispensable ~$15 million player when his raw stats were almost exactly the same last year to this?
      caseyball

Comment

• If you let Ross go, you better be certain that Powell can step up in his place. Ross hasn't played poorly in the playoffs.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          If you let Ross go, you better be certain that Powell can step up in his place. Ross hasn't played poorly in the playoffs.
          lol. some were hammering to let demar go so powell could step in. i think that powell could give more reliant defense if not the offense. it also gives you some room to get wright into the game, he is going to need nba minutes next year.

i think the writing is on the wall for ross.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            lol. some were hammering to let demar go so powell could step in. i think that powell could give more reliant defense if not the offense. it also gives you some room to get wright into the game, he is going to need nba minutes next year.

i think the writing is on the wall for ross.
            To be fair, people were saying that before the Miami series, when Powell was rendered completely useless in our rotation.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

One thing I'm curious about is how Biz went from a non-tender $3 million player to the almost indispensable ~$15 million player when his raw stats were almost exactly the same last year to this?
              Averages are similar but he's having a lot more "big games" than he did in CHA. Throw in the fact that he's now playing for a Conference Finalist. Tristan Thompson doesn't get that contract if the Cavs didn't reach the Finals.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Averages are similar but he's having a lot more "big games" than he did in CHA. Throw in the fact that he's now playing for a Conference Finalist. Tristan Thompson doesn't get that contract if the Cavs didn't reach the Finals.
                He's proven himself to be an elite defender. He can guard anyone on the court. He's been playing amazing basketball that can't be valued on stats alone, just like Ben Wallace couldn't be measured on stats alone. He's doing all this on a contender, he's messed with LeBron James for crying out loud. The second half Cavs strategy was geared around getting Biz off James. That says a lot.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  He's proven himself to be an elite defender. He can guard anyone on the court. He's been playing amazing basketball that can't be valued on stats alone, just like Ben Wallace couldn't be measured on stats alone. He's doing all this on a contender, he's messed with LeBron James for crying out loud. The second half Cavs strategy was geared around getting Biz off James. That says a lot.
                  Not quite true. Bismack can't guard big centers. Whiteside dominated him before the injury. Bismack was having real trouble in that series before Miami had to go small.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    Not quite true. Bismack can't guard big centers. Whiteside dominated him before the injury. Bismack was having real trouble in that series before Miami had to go small.
                    yeah I noticed that as well. I think every player has that mismatch in either size of skills that trouble them. As well as Jv as improved in most facets of the game a player like a 2006 stoudamire would have given him trouble. He at his best against traditional bigs like whiteside, and drummound

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      It definitely should.

I feel like taking into account how much he likes the city, his comfort in his role and comfort with the GM, coach and teammates, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for 10M.

4 year/40M contract would also let us keep De Colo's rights or have him come back over to play for us.
                      For how much MLSE would make out of repetitive returns to the ECF or further, they could easily go into tax country. Whatever the cap is plus an extra 5 million in salary seems like a reasonable investment on their part.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        That's why the idea of keeping JV and BB together is so attractive.

On another note, does anyone else think that Powell gets some very specific instructions with regards to working on his outside shot, starting the day after the Raptors season is done? He was less effective in the Miami series at least partly because he was afraid to shoot from outside. Rookies learn to avoid ticky-tacky fouls after their first season. I think Powell's effectiveness goes waaaaay up this fall.

Comment

• i think both colangelo and masai have both said the organization is behind any financial decisions. not the teachers anymore. the owners make money from every aspect of the raptors now, they own the god damned tv channels or the data charges when you click on your phone about the raptors. aside from cuban and dolan their might not be a better owner for willingness or ability to pay.

it would be stupid as a team and company to go all in before the team is ready. i feel fairly confident that if we had biz' bird rights, he wouldn't be going anywhere and we wouldn't need to worry about finding money.

Comment

Playoffs, baby. Playoffs. That and the fact that every team is going to have mountains of cash to spend this offseason and almost no elite free agents - most of these guys are going back to their own teams - to spend it on.

Also, in fairness to BB, he's played well this year when JV was out and he's definitely improved his offensive game from "horrendous, gauge my eyes out, never pass him the ball" to "bad, definitely bad, but you can pass it to him and actually score once in awhile".

Comment

• Man that $11 mil Masai paid Ross is now overkill, one of the few bad moves he made... I realize he was trying to sign him potential "under value" with the new cap coming on, but $11 mil is now an overhang for what Masai can do now.

It's up to MLSE to want to pay the tax to keep all the guys.. its possible... but next year you got Lowry up to sign too so lots to consider.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                                Man that $11 mil Masai paid Ross is now overkill, one of the few bad moves he made... I realize he was trying to sign him potential "under value" with the new cap coming on, but $11 mil is now an overhang for what Masai can do now.

It's up to MLSE to want to pay the tax to keep all the guys.. its possible... but next year you got Lowry up to sign too so lots to consider.
                                easily tradeable. not a mistake. an epiphany

Comment

Working...
                                X