Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    If anyone thinks signing Biyombo to a 2yr/6mil contract is gonna move the needle, they need their head checked.
    No he is cheaper than Chris Anderson at $5 Million a year and blocks as many shots per game, not as offensively as talented as Chris.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
      Casey is supposed to be defensive coach too...but even a defensive team like the Hornets were a better team with Biyombo on the court than off it i.e

- "the hornets grabbed just 20.3 percent of missed shots with Biyombo on the bench but 25.9 percent when he played. That first number is worse than the 30th-ranked Atlanta Hawks, but with Biyombo, they ranked in the top 10."

- "the hornets allowed 98.7 points per 100 possessions with Biyombo on the floor and 102.0 when he sat—the difference between the 2nd best- and 12th-best defenses in the league."

Biyombo seems to have a natural gift for defence and rebounding...not a lick of offensive and like I said earlier, he's best bet is to focus on a simple pick & roll game at the very least so he's not a liability.
      I like the buyombo signing but don't forget he replaced Al Jefferson in the lineup usually.

Comment

Love this pickup!!
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Is he better than Stiemsma? And than Hayes?
          Yes and he is a great pickup to replace them on this team.

Still need to replace Amir though.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I like this signing because it makes JV expendable.

Comment

I don't understand the criticism. You know you get shot blocking and defensive big which hides some of JV's biggest flaws. Sure he isn't going to give you a scoring punch off the bench but it makes having a defensive liability like Lou (re-signed assumed) easier to swallow.

Comment

Another good thing about signing is more youth.

He is just 22....or 37 depending on who you ask or who interprets the bone graph.

Comment

BreakingBradStevens wrote: View Post
                  I don't understand the criticism. You know you get shot blocking and defensive big which hides some of JV's biggest flaws. Sure he isn't going to give you a scoring punch off the bench but it makes having a defensive liability like Lou (re-signed assumed) easier to swallow.
                  We just signed the 10th/11th man but still don't have a starting PF (or backup if you're willing to start PPatt). I think that's the biggest issue right now.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yeah biggest hole is def still PF. But with 10M in cap space as well as trade assets I think Masai can figure something out.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, GREAT point. Finding a big defensive minded 3 and locking him up for 4 years is a joke, not like we needed him or anything.
                      We will have to wait and see if that works out. I smell another hedo type of signing right now.

We have no one to draw the defense and actually get carroll open shots, so his percentages are all gonna dip. He isnt a creator on offense. He is a good defender, he isnt a "game changer". Meaning his defense alone isnt gonna win us games.

Comment

• Wonderful signing. Can help us a lot but will not get us over the hump.

Comment

• Lazarus753 wrote: View Post

Can someone explain this image to me? It's Bismack Biyombo's defensive shot chart, but I don't know what it represents.
                          Let me add to the earlier explanation that this chart is color coded as a heat map. Red means the shooter is hot from that area (shoots better than all other shooters do from that area). Then orange, yellow, and blue means the shooter is cold from that area.

So basically, people got cold shooting against Biyombo from the central part of the court.

Comment

• Great pick up. Doesn't affect the cap space (at least that's what I picked up from this thread), and should be a solid rim protecting backup centre. More defence doesn't hurt.

If Bebe is ready to play and we get Jones, Gibson, or another starting PF our front court should be better than last season.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              Casey is supposed to be defensive coach too...but even a defensive team like the Hornets were a better team with Biyombo on the court than off it i.e

- "the hornets grabbed just 20.3 percent of missed shots with Biyombo on the bench but 25.9 percent when he played. That first number is worse than the 30th-ranked Atlanta Hawks, but with Biyombo, they ranked in the top 10."

- "the hornets allowed 98.7 points per 100 possessions with Biyombo on the floor and 102.0 when he sat—the difference between the 2nd best- and 12th-best defenses in the league."

Biyombo seems to have a natural gift for defence and rebounding...not a lick of offensive and like I said earlier, he's best bet is to focus on a simple pick & roll game at the very least so he's not a liability.
                              Hornet frontcourt was really banged up. As one dimensional as Biyombo is, the guys behind him like Vonleh were worse

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                I should have used the pink font
                                Uncle_Si is a humanitarian.

Comment

Working...
                                X