No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy solution to retaining biz in that 10-15 range?

Let DD walk

Do I have to remind you that Ross has been tied with Carroll as our best wing over the whole playoffs. consistent too. I say he is worth keeping along side Biz

Comment

• im actually thinking right now that best case scenario to resign bb would be packaging ross with the 9th pick at the draft to move up and get whoever 'our guy' is.

that would leave us with like 13 million in cap space i think, so you can resign bismack pretty easily and then if u wanna go after other free agents work sign and trades or let dd go if absolutely necessary.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Easy solution to retaining biz in that 10-15 range?

Let DD walk

Do I have to remind you that Ross has been tied with Carroll as our best wing over the whole playoffs. consistent too. I say he is worth keeping along side Biz
        Your obsession with Terrence Ross is as ridiculous as those that are delusional about Demar Derozan. Really, Terrence Ross is a bonafide bench player who'll take possessions off if he was given 30+ minutes. You don't declare him valuable. He is an easily replaceable piece in my honest opinion.

What we really need is a guy with Terrence Ross's skills and Demar Derozan's attitude. Picking one over the other is just swinging the pendulum from one extreme to the other.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Man...I would get rid off Carroll instead lmao really disappointed
          He is playing hurt, he missed most of the season. He obviously has the skills and the tools and is at worst a solid teammate that gives a consistent effort.

The fact that he can hit 3s, hit FTs, and body up is all I care right now at the small forward position.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            He is playing hurt, he missed most of the season. He obviously has the skills and the tools and is at worst a solid teammate that gives a consistent effort.

The fact that he can hit 3s, hit FTs, and body up is all I care right now at the small forward position.
            I was just about to say that. He definitely isn't 100% and won't be until next season. But he looks pretty good for someone who probably technically came back a little too early.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post

Agreed, this season is essentially a wash for Carroll. The fact he looked pretty decent like 3 games after he returned was really impressive.

Comment

• Maybe it would be more enticing to Biz if we offered 6 a year contract. Physically I wouldnt be worried about it. A friend of mine coached Biz several yrs ago (albeit for one game) and when I asked what he thought he said "Bismack will probably never be a star but he'll be in the league for a long, long time." Something like 12mx6. The guys a physical specimen hes worth a long term. Biz is relentless, tireless and fears no one - and hes a good guy. He is a template for what this organization is all about - reward him for it.

Id much rather have Ross starting instead of DD. Let DD walk. With DD gone take his shots and give an extra 4 to JV, Carroll, Ross and Lowry. Ross will only get better. Is DD gonna improve? I doubt it. And again Ross plays D!! Hes not the glove - unless you compare him to DD. Also Ross will be a bargain compared to DDs new contract. Why on earth you would consider losing a player for half the price as DD who plays D twice as well??

As mentioned certain games Biz will be a preferred C. He could also play pf 6-8 minutes depending on matchups. Center and PG are two positions where depth is a really good thing. JV & Biz together add very good depth, prolongs their long term health, and allows each other to play with more energy when on the floor. JV has had a history of injuries and can foul a lot. They both work.

Starting next season without Biz would just be wrong. Hes carried this team during the playoffs more often than DD and here we are questioning whether he's worth half the pay DD will get.

I think/hope the raps will get an offensive guru assistant coach who will really maximize these guys.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  Maybe it would be more enticing to Biz if we offered 6 a year contract. Physically I wouldnt be worried about it. A friend of mine coached Biz several yrs ago (albeit for one game) and when I asked what he thought he said "Bismack will probably never be a star but he'll be in the league for a long, long time." Something like 12mx6. The guys a physical specimen hes worth a long term. Biz is relentless, tireless and fears no one - and hes a good guy. He is a template for what this organization is all about - reward him for it.

Id much rather have Ross starting instead of DD. Let DD walk. With DD gone take his shots and give an extra 4 to JV, Carroll, Ross and Lowry. Ross will only get better. Is DD gonna improve? I doubt it. And again Ross plays D!! Hes not the glove - unless you compare him to DD. Also Ross will be a bargain compared to DDs new contract. Why on earth you would consider losing a player for half the price as DD who plays D twice as well??

As mentioned certain games Biz will be a preferred C. He could also play pf 6-8 minutes depending on matchups. Center and PG are two positions where depth is a really good thing. JV & Biz together add very good depth, prolongs their long term health, and allows each other to play with more energy when on the floor. JV has had a history of injuries and can foul a lot. They both work.

Starting next season without Biz would just be wrong. Hes carried this team during the playoffs more often than DD and here we are questioning whether he's worth half the pay DD will get.

I think/hope the raps will get an offensive guru assistant coach who will really maximize these guys.
                  We can only offer him a 4 year contract, just like every other team in the NBA.

6 year contracts don't exist, the max is 5 but only if you have bird rights, which we don't.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                    i really wanna bring back biz, but it doesn't make sense to.

He's gonna cost like 10-15M, possibly more, I could even see the Spurs being interested in him a lot of Spurs fans want him. I personally, and I'm sure many others as well, want to see JV playing 30 minutes or more next year per game. You just cant justify paying 8 figures for less than 18 minutes per game from bb8 especially if that means you're gonna lose DD or have to trade away Ross or Carroll into cap space.

Bring Bebe in as a cheap backup center, maybe get a 3rd veteran min guy, thats the best course of action.
                    100% agree. You cant let emotion sway you, the difference in 16 min of Bismack and 16 min of a more well polished bebe isn't worth 10 million dollars
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Agreed, this season is essentially a wash for Carroll. The fact he looked pretty decent like 3 games after he returned was really impressive.
                      Just from the eye test feels caroll is one of our better 3 point shooter's. I think next year he will be good to go.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                        Just from the eye test feels caroll is one of our better 3 point shooter's. I think next year he will be good to go.
                        hes not one of our better 3 point shooters. hes one of our ONLY 3 point shooters.

patterson, lowry, ross and carroll are our only real threats from deep. powells had some big shots but hasnt proven to be a consistent threat yet. demar is great from corners but thats about it. scola's 3 shot is basically just him trying to still be relevant in todays game.

Comment

• Woj wrote a pretty great article about BB8 http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-bis...ons&soc_trk=ma

Best quote, Masai is a genius

“He sees Hakeem, and he wants to work out with him,” Ujiri told The Vertical late Saturday night. “So I called him into the room, and said, ‘Biz, with all due respect, I’ve had all kinds of guys go work out with Hakeem. At the end of the day, there’s only one Hakeem in the world and there will never be another one. That guy was a ballerina. I don’t care what you think you’re going to do with that guy but … no, forget it.’

“Go watch Tyson Chandler. Rebound. Block shots. Run. That’s your bread and butter. Listen, Biz, I don’t know if anyone’s throwing you the ball in the post.”

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                            Woj wrote a pretty great article about BB8 http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-bis...ons&soc_trk=ma

Best quote, Masai is a genius
                            Masai right about BB, but if anyone we're to model his game after Hakeem and maybe able to pull it off is Towns.

Comment

• Biyombo being another Chandler?

Eh, he's more Mutombo, and he's got the finger wag down pat.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• stupid question what prevents us from going over the cap?

Comment

Working...
                                X