No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's $2M more with the cap climbing again next year?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      10 million is the new 5-6 million. For what he brings, I think that is fine. I wouldn't give Bismack anything over that amount. If another team wants to drop 12-15 million on him, let them go ahead.
      Don't get too focused on individual numbers. It doesn't matter how much you pay BB, 10 or 12 or 14. What matters is that the number fits within the overall scheme of what you are doing. If they can accomplish what they need to get done signing BB then great. $10 million is a problem if it hamstrings them but $13 million isn't a problem if it doesn't.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
        10 million is the new 5-6 million. For what he brings, I think that is fine. I wouldn't give Bismack anything over that amount. If another team wants to drop 12-15 million on him, let them go ahead.
        Who would replace Biyombo?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          i agree with this. much more than ross's contract will be an overpay for biz, in my opinion.
          If you compare Ross' contract and the impact he has on the game versus what impact Bismack has on a game, you happily pay Bismack several million more.

Comment

• Another way to look at the whole BB vs Ross debate is "What would you lose if Ross were gone" compared to "What would you lose if BB were gone." In those terms, I don't think there is even a discussion here.

Let's parse it down even further. How many playoff games has Ross won you, vs how many games Bismack has won you?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Another way to look at the whole BB vs Ross debate is "What would you lose if Ross were gone" compared to "What would you lose if BB were gone." In those terms, I don't think there is even a discussion here.

Let's parse it down even further. How many playoff games has Ross won you, vs how many games Bismack has won you?
              I honestly don't think we get out of the Miami series without Ross.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Maybe. The assumption is that Powell would have continued his poor play. Under the "next man up" precept, Powell or JJ could have tried to fill in for Ross. There was nobody who could have filled in for Bismack.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  The Miami series where Ross had a negative plus-minus in 5 of the 7 games, and was only a +2 in the deciding 27 point win?

We needed someone to step up with DD/Lowry struggling and JV hurt, and everyone did to some degree, but Ross didn't do anything that seemed like only he could do, or that couldn't have been found elsewhere.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                    Are you sure it's easily tradeable? I don't see Ross having much value

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
                    Ross screams good trade target for me. If he wasn't on the raps he is exactly the type of player I could see people bringing up as a target.

Young
                    Good Contract
                    Shoots the three at 40+
                    Has the ability to lockdown the 1/2/3 positions
                    Overlooked in a strong rotation on a contender

I can't imagine that there isn't a team out there who wouldn't at least think about putting him in a more prominent position to see what happens

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Another way to look at the whole BB vs Ross debate is "What would you lose if Ross were gone" compared to "What would you lose if BB were gone." In those terms, I don't think there is even a discussion here.

If Ross leaves, they already have a viable option on the roster in Powell and you still have Lowry/Joseph/DD/Carroll/Wright - that's pretty good depth on the perimeter without any additions. Not to say that Powell is better than Ross or even will be going forward but you've still got players to work with.

If Biz leaves, they've got JV, Patterson, Bebe (who is a question mark) and a bag of balls. They probably need to sign 2 guys there or rely on a rookie with the 9th pick. That seem more perilous.... Not that BB is irreplaceable, he's not obviously, but it's more work for the GM.

Comment

• Yeah, we have some quality young guards/wings who are not getting playing time because of our depth there. In contrast, we don't exactly have the luxury of a lot of quality bigs.

If we are serious about going after a championship, we need guys like Biyombo and we need to get rid of guys like Terrence Ross. Obviously, having as much talent as possible is a plus, but you want guys in the trenches with you who you can trust to dig deep and find the will to win when it's needed. I know this sounds like bullshit hyperbole, but it's the honest to god truth. Ross is just not that guy. No knock on his talent and potential, but the intangible things like heart, mental fortitude, and grit really matter in deep playoff runs like Raptors are in now.

Biyombo. Masai can't let this man walk. Pay him.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, we have some quality young guards/wings who are not getting playing time because of our depth there. In contrast, we don't exactly have the luxury of a lot of quality bigs.

If we are serious about going after a championship, we need guys like Biyombo and we need to get rid of guys like Terrence Ross. Obviously, having as much talent as possible is a plus, but you want guys in the trenches with you who you can trust to dig deep and find the will to win when it's needed. I know this sounds like bullshit hyperbole, but it's the honest to god truth. Ross is just not that guy. No knock on his talent and potential, but the intangible things like heart, mental fortitude, and grit really matter in deep playoff runs like Raptors are in now.

Biyombo. Masai can't let this man walk. Pay him.
                          I've been saying this about Ross since he got into the league and he has done nothing to prove me otherwise even when he has a good shooting game. I have no doubt Masai will do all he can to keep Biz and getting rid of Ross won't be a big deal to him if it means keeping Biz. Powell has shown more of that grit and mental toughness and heart in his rookie season than Ross has ever shown.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• What people are forgetting is our draft pick. If the BPA at our pick is say a Buddy Hield, then I say you make a trade to flip Ross. If BPA is a Chriss or Skal, then you let Biyombo walk and hope one of those guys can pick up.

Comment

• What is the max we can offer Biz?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                What is the max we can offer Biz?
                                Why
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X