• detriot pistons championship team and raptors current roster

Billups, Chauncey kyle lowry
    Hamilton, Richard demar dezoan
    Prince, Tayshaun demaree carrol/ bruno caloclo
    Wallace, Ben bismac biyombo
    Wallace, Rasheed jonas Valanciunas
    Hunter, Lindsey lou williams if we can sign him back
    mike james delon wight

we are getting close to recreating my favorite nba roster of all time their r a few factors tho.
    can jonas be a least be a 15 and 10 guy?
    can he be a weakside shot blocker?

can demar stretch the floor?
    can casey run the right offensive to make up for bismack lack of scoring?

can delon wright defend the perimeter as well as he did in college?

is bruno a nba player?

if we are not the best defensive team in the leage or at least top 5 casey needs to go. no more excuses with this roster

Unless Jonas acquires 3PT range and starts getting a technical every other game I think this comparison is off.

Biyombo is nowhere near Ben Wallace... and Jonas can't play the 4.

Lowry-Billups and DeRozan-Rip are basically where the comparison starts and ends. The only thing Casey has in common with Larry Brown is being hard-headed and old-school.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
      Unless Jonas acquires 3PT range and starts getting a technical every other game I think this comparison is off.

Biyombo is nowhere near Ben Wallace... and Jonas can't play the 4.

Lowry-Billups and DeRozan-Rip are basically where the comparison starts and ends. The only thing Casey has in common with Larry Brown is being hard-headed and old-school.
      Ur right in that jonas can't hit the 3 but he has a solid 15'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think if anything Ross is closer to Rip Hamilton comparison, in a sense that Ross can't create his own shot
        Rip Hamilton ran without the ball more than anybody during his prime years I think
        In contrast, Demar is slasher
        and as for Kyle lowry...
        I think Chauncey was a lot smarter as a player

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
          I think if anything Ross is closer to Rip Hamilton comparison, in a sense that Ross can't create his own shot
          Rip Hamilton ran without the ball more than anybody during his prime years I think
          In contrast, Demar is slasher
          and as for Kyle lowry...
          I think Chauncey was a lot smarter as a player
          Well demar 2 years ago ran off a lot of screens. But u can also say demar is corliss Williams and Lou if we resign him would be rip

Comment

Yea, I like our team a lot and the 2003-04 Pistons but I think we're very different teams.

Rip Hamilton played off the ball more, had super high BBall IQ and was a real offensive threat on the floor at all times. Demar needs the ball more, stagnates the offence, and doesn't have high bball IQ.

Billups was a much better shooter than Lowry, especially in crutch time and higher BBall IQ than him and a better passer.

Biyombo hasn't had a season to justify him as a Ben Wallace or that comparison.

I don't think we're at that Pistons level yet but this year will be the year to determine if our core is worth keeping together or completely disbanding. I hope we rebound and leap frog into being in a possible contending position in the EC but I highly doubt it.
            Last edited by BS10; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 11:18 PM.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Don't see much in way of similarity. I think we are a far more talented offensive team and far less talented defensive team, with worse coaching than the Pistons had.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just lock this thread and burn it with fire
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Just lock this thread and burn it with fire
                  *Kill it with fire

Comment

Now that I look at it though.

Biyombo's per 36 stats from last year are basically identical to Ben Wallace's from 2003-04.

*Swallows a heaping tablespoon of salt*

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      *Kill it with fire
                      Lol

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                        Now that I look at it though.

Biyombo's per 36 stats from last year are basically identical to Ben Wallace's from 2003-04.

*Swallows a heaping tablespoon of salt*
                        This is why I hate Per 36 stat. I think it is quite misleading.

Comment

Was gonna say that Per 36 stat is very misleading... dudes are playing vs second and third stringers most of their night, for 10-20 mins. That cannot equate to a guy that plays 30 mins vs starters.

People that are expecting a top 5 defense after last years debacle, will most certainly be mistaken. Remember that we could possibly return 4 out of 5 starters(if PP is included). I dont believe Carroll will make that much of a difference unless DD and KL buy in.

Comment

Wow. The lack of similarities is overwhelming.

Chauncey was a big guard who looked the get the ball to others before looking for his own shot. Due to his size, he could cover SGs when required.
                            -none of this sounds like Lowry

Rip spent entire offensive possessions running and weaving amongst multiple screens for catch and shoot opportunities. He was solid defensively using high IQ to compensate for lesser athleticism.
                            -none of this sounds like Demar

Tayshaun and Demarre are similar in that they focus on D while offering some O

Rasheed was an amazing talent. He was a legit scorer on the block with great 3pt range. He could defend in the post and block shots.
                            -we have no one on our team that can remotely compare to Sheed's talent

Ben Wallace was All-NBA defender and an elite rebounder.
                            -we have no one close to that

Hunter was a defence first PG off the bench who would hound opposing guards with his speed (a nice contrast in style from Billups).
                            -Lou's defence is nothing like this and Hunter had no offensive game

Mehmet Okur was more important off the bench than Mike James. Okur was another stretch big to help space the floor and set screens for Rip

In short, we have 1 player on our roster that compares to the least valuable member of the Pistons starting five. It's insulting to that great Pistons group to really compare the Raps to this team.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Rasheed was the defensive leader of that team, could guard two positions, very versatile offensively -- long range shooting, post ups, passing, running in transition. He's as similar to Jonas as lion to a giraffe.

Comment

Working...
                              X