Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Man, fuck Jeff Goldblum.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      Man, fuck Jeff Goldblum.
      he wants pie and he wants fairys to bring him that pie but mostly he just wants his money

Comment

• Can we let him play a game before trading our All-Star PG
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Can we let him play a game before trading our All-Star PG
          no need to

Comment

Can we let him play a game before trading our All-Star PG
            He's not a rookie, guy has played over 200 regular season games and 41 playoff games. He's a known commodity.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              He's not a rookie, guy has played over 200 regular season games and 41 playoff games. He's a known commodity.
              Exactly, and that was behind a hall of fame pg and coach

He went up againt tp every practice for thise years as well.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Yeah as a back up PG.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah as a back up PG.
                  you are going to fault him because he couldnt beat out one of the greatest pgs in the history of the game? A multiple time allstar? A multiple time Champion? A finals MVP? And one of the faces of the arguably the best franchise in the past 15 or so years? and a future hall of famer?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    you are going to fault him because he couldnt beat out one of the greatest pgs in the history of the game? A multiple time allstar? A multiple time Champion? A finals MVP? And one of the faces of the arguably the best franchise in the past 15 or so years? and a future hall of famer?
                    I don't fault him for anything. I'm just not going to trade my All-Star PG cause I siged a back PG. A guy whose average 15 mins in his career.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It's one thing to play well in a backup role or for a limited stretch as a starter. It's quite another thing to do it playing 35 minutes a game over an 82-game season. Some guys are good enough to make that transition and some aren't. It's also one thing to play well in a limited supporting role with 3 hall of famers (maybe 4) while being coached by one of the all-time greats as opposed to having to do a lot more as a core piece. With Joseph, there's no need to roll the dice with him at this point cause the Raptors have a very good starting PG already. If he grows into the role, then that's fine but you don't risk the entire season to find out straightaway.

Comment

• Ya'll cook up your own hype and then eat it up like it's your last meal.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          It's one thing to play well in a backup role or for a limited stretch as a starter. It's quite another thing to do it playing 35 minutes a game over an 82-game season. Some guys are good enough to make that transition and some aren't. It's also one thing to play well in a limited supporting role with 3 hall of famers (maybe 4) while being coached by one of the all-time greats as opposed to having to do a lot more as a core piece. With Joseph, there's no need to roll the dice with him at this point cause the Raptors have a very good starting PG already. If he grows into the role, then that's fine but you don't risk the entire season to find out straightaway.
                          I dont disagree, but advanced statistics do show that trading lowry now, while a gamble, is not the huge risk its being made to be.

Joseph has shown he has the ability to become a very capable start, perhaps not an allstar, but more than enough to hold his own especially when considering the return one would get from a Lowry Trade.

Problem is that alot of Raptors Fans cannot get past their own players perceived value, and cannot look toward replacement value in multiple pieces. Same thing happens when Demars name comes up in a hypothetical trade.

Lowry was an allstar, you cannot just up and trade him...well sure you can, will Joseph be as good as Lowry next season, probably not, would he be a capable starter? all signs point to yes. Would Lowry net a positive return that would help the franchise now and in the future? Can't see a reason why not.

Comment

I dont disagree, but advanced statistics do show that trading lowry now, while a gamble, is not the huge risk its being made to be.

Joseph has shown he has the ability to become a very capable start, perhaps not an allstar, but more than enough to hold his own especially when considering the return one would get from a Lowry Trade.

Problem is that alot of Raptors Fans cannot get past their own players perceived value, and cannot look toward replacement value in multiple pieces. Same thing happens when Demars name comes up in a hypothetical trade.

Lowry was an allstar, you cannot just up and trade him...well sure you can, will Joseph be as good as Lowry next season, probably not, would he be a capable starter? all signs point to yes. Would Lowry net a positive return that would help the franchise now and in the future? Can't see a reason why not.
                            Furthermore, it wasn't that long ago that Lowry was "just a back-up" that couldn't get a fair shake.

I'm not going to crown CoJo, but this whole "he's just a back-up" argument is pretty surface insight. It's known that he wasn't a starter - stating that doesn't bring much to the table.

Just as much as we shouldn't hype Joseph too much, Lowry needs to be looked at with some sober second thought. Just as much as he carried the team to the 2014 playoffs and earned an All-Star selection, one has to wonder if he can keep that up after his post-All-Star performance.

The team doesn't have a star pillar to build around. In which case, in my humble opinion, all options are on the table - including trading our All-Star PG.

Comment

I don't fault him for anything. I'm just not going to trade my All-Star PG cause I siged a back PG. A guy whose average 15 mins in his career.
                              Considering he never even averaged over 15 minutes for his first 3 years, it seems weird to throw out Career Average for MPG.

Last year, he played 18 minutes per game, in 79 games. For a 55 Win team in the West. Thats legit Backup, for an Elite Player on an Elite Team.

Need I point to players like Eric Bledsoe and Reggie Jackson who blew up when finally given the keys to their own team, and allowed to make mistakes, but also allowed to be the fast, exciting, dynamic players they are for 30+ mintues per game?
                              Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 8, 2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Obviously it depends what you get back for Lowry but as of this very moment we have no idea how CoJo or Wright would operate as the Raptors PG. You don't go trading your starters without knowing you're covered.

Even with Lowry who we traded a lottery pick for we still kept Calderon that year just in case it didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X