Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    For whatever reason he's just underwhelmed as a backup this year. Turned the corner with Lowry out but it doesn't look like it's sustaining as soon as he's moved back to the bench. Who knows, he's capable of being much better so it's a bit confusing. Between that and Delon waiting in the wings, he's an obvious guy to move this summer.
    I remember in last year's playoffs when people wanted to bench Lowry for Joseph. The drop-off this year has been tough to understand. I know that he was quite ill near the start of the season and you have to wonder how big of a lingering impact that has if you go through that early on in an 82-game run. One thing I've noticed is that he seems to be involved in a lot of breakdowns defensively in rotations where he ends up guarding the same man as another defender. Now, it can be hard to always know who should have been where but when you repeatedly have the same guy making the mistake it becomes more than coincidental.... that to me speaks to a lack of focus and preparation but those are really tough things to quantify.

Maybe he just had a bad year?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      For whatever reason he's just underwhelmed as a backup this year. Turned the corner with Lowry out but it doesn't look like it's sustaining as soon as he's moved back to the bench. Who knows, he's capable of being much better so it's a bit confusing. Between that and Delon waiting in the wings, he's an obvious guy to move this summer.
      I find it difficult to be favourable to a Cory move after his good play in the past but clearly something has changed and there are other pieces around. The Knicks are in dire need of back court help and cant see them retaining Rose after his latest injury...maybe Masai can concoct another heist.

Comment

Working...
      X