Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That's a young up and coming eastern conference finalist, by my estimation.
    You forgot: "For the next several years".
    Outside of KL, none have peaked yet...

Comment

• I'm pretty psyched about this signing. I like it a lot and it happened so fast you can tell he's grateful to be signing with the Raps.

Comment

• Like it. Like it a lot

Comment

• I put the terms in the Thread title just so people can see its "official". If they change, we can change it up accordingly.

Comment

• More importantly, we now have 3 guys on the roster who wear the number 5... I suspect Joseph will wear 15 (Vince Carter days) and Demarre the 5... Bruno should take 35 but will probably leave that open for KD next year, in which case I think he takes #95
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Any truth to what zarar referred to on the main page? Can GV's trade exception have any role in this? Wouldn't it have to be a trade?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yes. But it is not much more valuable than cap space, and possibly less so since it is only useable in trade and not in free agency. And depending on how much other cap they have left after the Joseph deal and depending on what numbers come out of the moratorium, they might be better off waiving him than using him in trade.
                Not necessarily. Iff we trade T Ross for T Gibson, Bulls would love Luke so they can waive him & SAVE MONEY (which they love).

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  More importantly, we now have 3 guys on the roster who wear the number 5... I suspect Joseph will wear 15 (Vince Carter days) and Demarre the 5... Bruno should take 35 but will probably leave that open for KD next year, in which case I think he takes #95
                  I've also noticed this lol

Its gonna be a battle to see who gets #5
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Plus, for more CanCon, check Joseph's Twitter feed. He's in TO as we speak (or at least he was yesterday). Is it safe to go to bed now?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Like it. Like it a lot
                      I'd be worried about what we're going to do with ~$20M wrapped up at PG plus our 1st round draft pick occupying the same position, with a gaping hole at PF, if Masai wasn't such a fucking ninja

Comment

• YES! One of my favourite players is coming to the Raptors! I think CoJo is a terrific fit for this team! Now lets get the PF spot figured out Masai
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                          I'd be worried about what we're going to do with ~$20M wrapped up at PG plus our 1st round draft pick occupying the same position, with a gaping hole at PF, if Masai wasn't such a fucking ninja
                          With Wright's size I'm not too worried about having 3 PGs taking cap space.

Also CoJo can play spot minutes at the 2 effectively. He's a little short but is strong and gets into defenders. He plays big

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                            Please knock it off w pessimism. Let us enjoy tonight. MU is clearly not done. Patience my friend.
                            A lot of teams lately are playing 2 PGs. Whats wrong with that?
                            Besides, 20 mil is not a lot. Nets would love to get that much production from PG position for 20 mil.
                            (Sorry this was a low blow to Net fans)

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              More importantly, we now have 3 guys on the roster who wear the number 5... I suspect Joseph will wear 15 (Vince Carter days) and Demarre the 5... Bruno should take 35 but will probably leave that open for KD next year, in which case I think he takes #95
                              If I'm Bruno, the price for No 5 just went up from a Rolex to a Patek P.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                DanH if you are reading this what is the minimum we can pay COJO in his first year to hit his 30 million value in year 4?

I think we priced ourselves out of Faried and I want to make sure
                                7.026M. So in my best-case cap assumptions (Carroll and CoJo backloaded, 69.1M cap), we have 4.1M left. In the worst case, that uses it all (7.1M).

caccia wrote: View Post
                                Dan, someone else wrote that Ridnour's contract could not be combined with others in a multi-player trade. Is that correct?
                                Correct.

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Any truth to what zarar referred to on the main page? Can GV's trade exception have any role in this? Wouldn't it have to be a trade?
                                Not really. Have to waive TPE's to use cap space, which we will use to sign Carroll. And the TPE was only 6.5M anyway, so it wouldn't fit.

Mapko wrote: View Post
                                Not necessarily. Iff we trade T Ross for T Gibson, Bulls would love Luke so they can waive him & SAVE MONEY (which they love).
                                Can't combine Ridnour with other salaries. So unless it is literally Ridnour for a 4M player, he is of no use.

big boi wrote: View Post
                                Hmm, 20M wrapped up at one position out of 5, with the cap over the next few years being 90-100 million... One fifth of our cap space on one fifth of our players doesn't seem too egregious to me.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X