Everything Luis Scola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    I've been thinking about the whole Scola starting thing and I just feel that if he starts JV will probably get even less touches. They are trying to make JV more of a post player like Scola is but Scola is already a much more proven player. He's also a much better post player at this point than JV. Casey will probably give Scola all the touches JV should get which already isn't many. If you want JV getting more touches this season you shouldn't want Scola to start. There is only so much ball that can go around. Our bench to me needs his offensive ability way more than the starting line up does. Other than Ross (who isn't even good) we have like no offense coming off the bench. Also having a guy like 2pat who can space the floor will benefit Derozan and Jonas a lot. Gives them more room to operate and gives them more options to kick out to if they get smothered. Scola can hit the midrange shot here and there but it's still not his main weapon and Patterson is still the better overall shooter.
    Who cares who gets the post touches as long as we win?
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      But knowing how dumb Casey is he probably will start Scola. So all you advocating for Scola to start will probably get your wish. Casey never makes the common sense move.
      How does starting a proven NBA starter not common sense?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Who cares who gets the post touches as long as we win?
        I mean, yes, winning is the most important thing. However, I think there is something to be said about giving opportunities to the big Lithuanian loveboat who just signed a very reasonable contract with us, and has shown that he can produce at a high efficiency.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          I mean, yes, winning is the most important thing. However, I think there is something to be said about giving opportunities to the big Lithuanian loveboat who just signed a very reasonable contract with us, and has shown that he can produce at a high efficiency.
          I don't care about age or how much someone is being paid. It's all about winning. If Scola give you better chance to win than you roll win him.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Scola used to spread the floor. His midrange percentage has dropped off.

He provides passing (needed on the bench), post scoring (needed on the bench) and rebounding (needed on the bench). Patterson provides shooting (needed in the starting lineup).
            +1
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't think he's the right fit in the starting line up. But clearly that's just me
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I guess we should sign and start Kendrick Perkins, yes? How about grabbing Muggsy Bogues to come back and play point, wouldn't it make sense to start him, I mean he's a proven NBA starter.

Scola is a few years removed from being a full time starter on a good team.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Two seasons to be exact. You could say he out performed the starter last year
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Two seasons to be exact. You could say he out performed the starter last year
                    You could indeed say he outperformed the starter last year. You could also say he was a fringe starter but actually a bench player on one of the worst teams in the league.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      You could indeed say he outperformed the starter last year. You could also say he was a fringe starter but actually a bench player on one of the worst teams in the league.
                      No one said he could carry a team. All I'm saying is his more starter material than 2pat. He is also a pretty good fit wise in the starting line up. When you think about it. West/Hibbert combo was pretty good in Indiana. I'm pretty sure also that Scola/JV are more agile than West/Hibbert.

Raptors could be a better version of that Indiana team that made it to the eastern conference back to back years.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No one said he could carry a team. All I'm saying is his more starter material than 2pat. He is also a pretty good fit wise in the starting line up. When you think about it. West/Hibbert combo was pretty good in Indiana. I'm pretty sure also that Scola/JV are more agile than West/Hibbert.

Raptors could be a better version of that Indiana team that made it to the eastern conference back to back years.
                        Vogel runs sets specifically to go inside with a PF and C. that wont be true in Toronto. amir wasnt a terrible shooter and could pass yet was never used. even JJ at the 4 wasnt used to feed JV or make plays at the elbow. scola will be used like TH a garbage man/ energy big

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Vogel runs sets specifically to go inside with a PF and C. that wont be true in Toronto. amir wasnt a terrible shooter and could pass yet was never used. even JJ at the 4 wasnt used to feed JV or make plays at the elbow. scola will be used like TH a garbage man/ energy big
                          Amir is no where near the midrange shooter than Scola. Scola is way more skilled than Amir and also has a higher IQ. Scola brings another dynamic that known of our bigs brought last year. Casey knows it as well. Imagine how more dangerous that hand off play DD/Amir run all the time would be if you replaced Amir with Scola.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Amir is no where near the midrange shooter than Scola. Scola is way more skilled than Amir and also has a higher IQ. Scola brings another dynamic that known of our bigs brought last year. Casey knows it as well. Imagine how more dangerous that hand off play DD/Amir run all the time would be if you replaced Amir with Scola.
                            Amir was .574 FG% last season and he has no post game. If you add in JV % and Raptors chronically underuse guys inside. JJ was at .589. Scola was .467 last year
                            Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Amir was .574 FG% last season and he has no post game. If you add in JV % and Raptors chronically underuse guys inside. JJ was at .589. Scola was .467 last year
                              Its easy to have high efficiency when your being put in the right situation by your teammates/coach. All you have to do is just lay/dunk the ball. Amir is skilled enough to be used better than he already was.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 26 and 10 against Venezuela for Scola today
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X