No announcement yet.

Everything Luis Scola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, he is in mid-season form, we know that much. Now the key will be getting him through training camp without wearing him down.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Well, he is in mid-season form, we know that much. Now the key will be getting him through training camp without wearing him down.
      Exactly. Cause he played some HEAVY minutes for Argentina. But he has a couple weeks to rest up before camp anyway so that's good.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Luis Scola is one of the all time greats of FIBA basketball. The recent Americas MVP performance was among his best tournaments to date. The caveat is that it is FIBA that is the context.

First in scoring - 21.1 ppg at 57% fg%
        Second in rebounding - 10.1 rpg
        17th in assists - 2.7 apg
        First in free throws made - 44
        Fourth in blocks - .9 bpg
        11th in steals - 1.0 spg

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          Luis Scola is one of the all time greats of FIBA basketball. The recent Americas MVP performance was among his best tournaments to date. The caveat is that it is FIBA that is the context.

First in scoring - 21.1 ppg at 57% fg%
          Second in rebounding - 10.1 rpg
          17th in assists - 2.7 apg
          First in free throws made - 44
          Fourth in blocks - .9 bpg
          11th in steals - 1.0 spg
          Do we have his stats against better competition tho? I talk about World Cups, Olympics.

Comment

• http://www.basketball-reference.com/...s/luis-scola-1

Good numbers.

Comment

• The competition in Mexico was one of the weakest in recent memory for FIBA Americas. True, Canada brought it's most talented team ever but, due to the attrition of injury and age, Puerto Rico, the DR and even Argentina have had much stronger teams at the Americas. Argentina, as successful as they were, relied on two 35 year olds to carry them through to Rio. Hats off to Venezuela for the gold. They were missing Vasquez and their young big Enchenique.

Comment

The competition in Mexico was one of the weakest in recent memory for FIBA Americas. True, Canada brought it's most talented team ever but, due to the attrition of injury and age, Puerto Rico, the DR and even Argentina have had much stronger teams at the Americas. Argentina, as successful as they were, relied on two 35 year olds to carry them through to Rio. Hats off to Venezuela for the gold. They were missing Vasquez and their young big Enchenique.
                Thanks a lot, stretch. That makes it even worse. Was just starting to wipe that epic collapse from my memory, and move on .....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Thanks a lot, stretch. That makes it even worse. Was just starting to wipe that epic collapse from my memory, and move on .....
                  I was shocked and disappointed. It's an epic David versus Goliath sports story a la Mighty Ducks, Hoosiers, etc. with Canada being the mighty that has fallen.

Comment

I was shocked and disappointed. It's an epic David versus Goliath sports story a la Mighty Ducks, Hoosiers, etc. with Canada being the mighty that has fallen.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Luis Scola is going to be so good for this team this year. His the exact type of vet to add to this group.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Spain just won against the France in semis and Pau finished with 40 pts and 11 rebs. Grandpas are going ham in FIBA!

Comment

• Going to be huge for this team!

https://youtu.be/etWZK_y_by0
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I like that we have Scola - he's got decent shooting (3 and midrange), good footwork driving to the basket, decent scoop shot, and can get the odd steal here and there. Not a bad passer and can grab some board too.

We need to manage his minutes though - dude's 35 going on 100.

Comment

• It would be fun if Scola was the surprise pickup of the offseason. I really can't comment on how well he will fit with the Raps compared to his previous stops but he seems to be a high Bball IQ guy and has a load of experience. He copuld be a solid vet/leader for the second unit. Be nice to see a little chemistry between him, Joseph and JJ.

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X