Starting 5 next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    i think patterson starts at the beginning of the season, but theres definitely a possibility that scola takes his job.

i wish jj would just learn the big mans game though. instead of working on his shooting he should learn to set picks and box his man out. he's be awesome as a fast 4
    Why start scola doesn't play d had two bad seasons in Indiana doesn't look like he is going to rebound
    Honestly I would be p.o.ed if he starts

Comment

I would love to see JJ in the starting lineup even though I think Patterson is a better overall player. He would be more effective in a bench role, a second unit with a combo of Cory, TRoss, Patterson, Scola can do some serious damage.
      Since '99

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        JV
        2Pat
        Carroll
        Derozan
        Lowry

I think we can survive rebounding wise. Offensively I just think Patterson is a better fit. More room for guards to drive, more space for JV PnR.

But if JJ finds his shot and rebounds well, then we will be a mismatch nightmare for other teams.
        What's all the gibberish about SPACING blah blah blah.
        Didn't Amir started at the 4 last year with Ross at the 3?
        JJ at the 4 is just fine.
        If you have 2 pat at the 4, you'll get killed inside, cause Pat can't rebound for sh!t.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          I think JJ starting at the 4 is a great idea. Let him be a bruiser in the paint.

Don't b surprised if JJ start's at 4 and play's really good..ie..contract year,I'm just saying
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            Don't b surprised if JJ start's at 4 and play's really good..ie..contract year,I'm just saying
            I will be surprised if JJ starts at the 4. Shocked really.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I would love to see JJ start at the 4. I honestly think his career would be reborn, not as a stretch 4 but a lockdown 4. Imagine him and carroll takin the touhest assignments every night, with kyle demar and val, shit I bet he could still bag 13 and 8 on the season
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Guys PLEASE get over the whole JJ starting thing. It is NEVER going to happen under Casey. Trust me.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  it isn't important who starts but who finishes.
                  My wife says this to me all the time, but for the life of me I can't figure out what she's referring to...

CA$H MONEY wrote: View Post
                  Why start scola doesn't play d had two bad seasons in Indiana doesn't look like he is going to rebound
                  Honestly I would be p.o.ed if he starts
                  Scola, is a decent defender, a bit on the slow side, but good positionally and good effort. On the season as a balance he'll probably contribute as much as Amir did. Amir was better at 100% but wasn't 100% very often. Regardless of how starts PP-Scola can't be considered an upgrade over PP-Amir.

DanH wrote: View Post
                  I will be surprised if JJ starts at the 4. Shocked really.
                  I will be as well. I only way I see happening is if the starting PF gets injured, and Casey decides to move JJ to the for instead of promoting the back-up, like the Spurs have done in the past with Joseph when Parker was injured. Also kind of similar to the David Lee injury which moved Draymond Green to start.

I can't see JJ getting any more minutes than he did last year, but I do think he's useful on both ends of the floor. He has some nice secondary offensive skills, cutting/passing/and posting up.

Anyway, I guess we'll see how it all plays out.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    Guys PLEASE get over the whole JJ starting thing. It is NEVER going to happen under Casey. Trust me.
                    Hey... GLF reverse jinxed it. JJ is starting!

Comment

JJ isn't starting at the 4. he'll play primarily, if not only at the 4 but he ain't starting

imagine a world where casey starts JJ
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would think the 4 entrenched starters would play 32 - 36 min each, leaving between 12 - 16 min for their backups, with probably a more even minutes distribution for the 4 big man rotation of JV, PP, LS, BB depending on match-ups and who has it going on any given night, so roughly:

KL - 34 CJ - 14
                        DD - 36 TR - 12
                        DC - 34 JJ - 14
                        PP - 30 LS - 18
                        JV - 32 BB - 16

Comment

The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                          I would think the 4 entrenched starters would play 32 - 36 min each, leaving between 12 - 16 min for their backups, with probably a more even minutes distribution for the 4 big man rotation of JV, PP, LS, BB depending on match-ups and who has it going on any given night, so roughly:

KL - 34 CJ - 14
                          DD - 36 TR - 12
                          DC - 34 JJ - 14
                          PP - 30 LS - 18
                          JV - 32 BB - 16
                          Doubt JV hits 32 mpg. Also you're not taking into account when we'll be going small with JJ or DC at the 4. Pretty much cut down the minutes for the bigs and up your minutes for the guards

Comment

I'd also really like DD down closer to 33, and KL down closer to 30. CoJo can handle more than 14 MPG, and Ross can handle more than 12.

Carroll around 34 is fine. I'd expect Patterson around 28, Scola around 12, and then 8 minutes of smallball, so JJ is closer to 22.

JV can handle 32, but I'll believe it when I see it with Casey. 16 is probably Biyombo's sweet spot - if he needs to play more than that (ie if JV gets less than 32) I think his effectiveness starts to get outrun by his limitations. So Scola might get a few minutes at C as well unless Casey actually lets JV play.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Starting line up and minute distribution

KL 31
                              DD 33
                              DC 33
                              LS 25
                              JV 30

CJ 23
                              TR 23
                              2Pat 25
                              JJ 20
                              BB 15
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sadly there are not 52 minutes in a game.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X