Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Freedom of Speech in Canada on Trial in Ontario Case?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comm...defending_his/

Here is a reddit conversation about the case.

Comment

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/978...assment-trial/

The vaunted metro news talking about the letter and criminal investigation it has inspired

Comment

I'm at work and don't have access to my vpn, so the star isn't opening and I can't check articles with links to twitter and the free world.

I see the letter information is pretty old and happened before a recess on the case. Are there any new articles or relevant information beyond he said she said for this case?

Comment

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/904...assment-trial/

Metro news on gunthrie being disrespectful in court and mentioning she wanted Elliot to suffer

Comment

http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism...he-troll-here/

Here is one that can be disputed by some as bad writing to discredit opinions. Nicely lays out what the criminal code says compared to what has happened

Comment

So somewhere in between this man is evil and these women are vindictive is two people that don't like each other and abused each other. Than one wanted it to end and it didn't. She then said "but I'm a girl" and used that to push a feminist ideal and bring forth a criminal case.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/904...assment-trial/

Metro news on gunthrie being disrespectful in court and mentioning she wanted Elliot to suffer
                The vaunted Metro News, by the way, is owned by Torstar and basically is the Star; the article you linked to is reprinted almost verbatim from this article published by the Star: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ent_trial.html

And I don't get why you summarize this article as being about Guthrie being disrespectful in court, because the 'rolling eyes' moment is a direct response to an intentionally antagonizing defence attorney "who told reporters on break he is a conservative who likes to 'peel back Liberal spin.' " Not really disrespectful, just showing frustration at being pointlessly badgered on the stand.

As for:

mentioning she wanted Elliot to suffer
                you made a mistake here; that's in reference Spurr, the guy who made the video game.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If the badgering was pointless her lawyers would have objected.

Comment

I can't open the star without a vpn

Comment

Anything for the potential criminal conspiracy?

Personally I would appreciate a liberal peeling back conservative spin as much as a conservative peeling back liberal spin. Spin is where the truth dies.

Comment

If the badgering was pointless her lawyers would have objected.
                        Maybe they did? But whatever, maybe it wasn't pointless. Either way, your summary of that article is inaccurate.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Maybe they did? But whatever, maybe it wasn't pointless. Either way, your summary of that article is inaccurate.
                          And anything on the potential criminal conspiracy or has one side of this argument become about my paraphrasing?

Comment

And anything on the potential criminal conspiracy or has one side of this argument become about my paraphrasing?
                            Lol, I'm not on either side. But when I see something that I know for sure is wrong, I'm going to point it out.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

As for the conspiracy, you have to consider it a possibility. Apparently the police investigated; it'd be interesting to know what they found.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                As for the conspiracy, you have to consider it a possibility. Apparently the police investigated; it'd be interesting to know what they found.
                                Agreed. I also didn't realize the case was so old. I guess the recess has been for the investigation to take place. I had zero interest in this until this thread and now I will follow to see how it unfolds

Comment

Working...
                                X