The Transformation of the Raptors under Ujiri's Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

007 wrote: View Post
    Masai (along with Leiweke) has done so much since he got here, I don't know how anybody can claim he isn't an elite GM.
    I don't think he's an elite GM. I think he's an elite tactician, but I think the book is out on whether he's even a great strategist. Many of BC's moves were well-received at the time of execution; it was not until later that people began to question what he did, because the strategy as a whole failed to bear fruit.

If the same happens here I am fairly certain people will begin to feel the same way. What happens if we lose in the first round again this year? I said the same thing last summer and people said it wouldn't happen, but we've got the same coach, the same core and our highest-paid additions are from two of the best systems in the NBA.

Not saying he's bad, only that I'm not as sold on the overall direction as the rest of you.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I don't think he's an elite GM. I think he's an elite tactician, but I think the book is out on whether he's even a great strategist. Many of BC's moves were well-received at the time of execution; it was not until later that people began to question what he did, because the strategy as a whole failed to bear fruit.

If the same happens here I am fairly certain people will begin to feel the same way. What happens if we lose in the first round again this year? I said the same thing last summer and people said it wouldn't happen, but we've got the same coach, the same core and our highest-paid additions are from two of the best systems in the NBA.

Not saying he's bad, only that I'm not as sold on the overall direction as the rest of you.
      I wish there was a 'dislike' button for this comment, lol.

I hope he proves you wrong!
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        I wish there was a 'dislike' button for this comment, lol.

I hope he proves you wrong!
        I hope he does too.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Cut out the condescending bullshit. Everyone here watches way way too much basketball and seem to understand it just fine. Other than getting to the line, DD doesn't do anything better offensively. Here's some stats to back up my point, instead of useless hyperbole like you've offered.

TS%
          DD .510 (awful)
          DC .603 (awesome)

3pt%
          DD .284 (awful)
          DC .395 (awesome)

ORtg
          DD 104 (not good)
          DC 117 (excellent)

FG%
          DD .413 (terrible)
          DC .487 (very good)

FG% by distance
          0-3ft
          DD .644
          DC .657

3-10ft
          DD .393
          DC .468

10-16ft
          DD .372
          DC .357

16<3pt
          DD .352
          DC .463

To add insult to injury, DD takes his highest percentage of shots by far (.338, next closest is .228) from 16<3pt where he shoots a terrible .352. DC takes his highest percentage of shots by far from 3pt land, where he is awesome. That's basketball IQ right there, DD lacks it and settles for the worst shot in the game more than any other shot.

What exactly is it that makes DD the better offensive player again? Seems pretty damn debatable to me.
          You're comparing #1 option on an ISO team and comparing it to a #4/5 option on a team that shares the ball really well.

I think Carroll is a really good player. However, you put him in Demar's roll and his numbers will suffer.

Carroll's job is to make Demar's easier. He said it himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            Take the DeMar shit to the DeMar thread. Why can't their be one f*cking thread where you actually get to talk about something positive with this team?
            Because DeMar is omnipresent and omnipotent.

Without DeMar there is no RaptorsRepublic

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
              Because DeMar is omnipresent and omnipotent.

Without DeMar there is no RaptorsRepublic
              It's really bad right now. Just checked in for five minutes and I can't even tell you how many of the threads I just looked at had DeMar discussions on the current page. Probably 4 out of 5. I'm going somewhere else on the Internet now.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                You're comparing #1 option on an ISO team and comparing it to a #4/5 option on a team that shares the ball really well.

I think Carroll is a really good player. However, you put him in Demar's roll and his numbers will suffer.

Carroll's job is to make Demar's easier. He said it himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                But put Demar in Carroll's role from last year and he fa.......

Don't do this to yourself Bonus Jonas, it's not worth it

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  But put Demar in Carroll's role from last year and he faces Steph Curry in the Finals and wins

Don't do this to yourself Bonus Jonas, it's not worth it
                  Edited for you.

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                    Edited for you.
                    Refrain from telling 92TillInfinity how wrong he is Bonus Jonas. You can do it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      It speaks volumes as to what Masai was able to do with what Bryan gave him.

But, it could have been much worse if Bryan was able to get Nash. He probably wouldn't have traded for Gay, but Nash's contract would have been hard to erase off the books unless Masai waived/stretched him (which would probably have pissed off Nash).
                      LA has not finished paying for Nash. There is still a top 3 protected No 1 to go to Phoenix (make that Bucks). Scratch that -76ers.
                      Fuck I cant keep up but you get the point.

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                        I found it incredulous that MU didn't Fire DC at the end of the year and I was really underwhelmed by the way the season ended. July has been a much better month in Raptor land. I'm prepared to give Masai the benefit of the doubt as it applies to DC and also as it applies to him perhaps standing (2)pat at PF, for now at least. It's inspiring to see a vision and impressive to see him both acquiring new assets and carefully managing the assets we have. I believe Masai has a vision for this team and I'm once again excited to see what this team has for next year.

Thibs 2016 / 2017 !

You are kidding?
                        Same Thibs that made Bulls with J Butler (excellent D man), Noah (DPOY 2 years ago), T Gibson (solid defender) & Co into a SLIGHTLY better defensive team than us. I don't think any of our starters are of that caliber on D.

I'm pretty sure Thibs was available this off season. The fact that MU passed on him & kept DC should tell you that maybe Thibs is not a defensive genius he is made out to be.
                        Now, this assumption is predicated on fact that Masai is a very smart, astute GM that can gauge coaching skills better than us.
                        This thread about Masai points that to be the case.

I'm not a huge fan of Casey (IMO he is mid in terms of OVERALL coaching skill), but I'd say we keep him until we can get a BETTER replacement (rather than change for the sake of change).

Comment

In what universe is 11th best "slightly better" than 23rd best defence?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                            [/B]
                            You are kidding?
                            Same Thibs that made Bulls with J Butler (excellent D man), Noah (DPOY 2 years ago), T Gibson (solid defender) & Co into a SLIGHTLY better defensive team than us. I don't think any of our starters are of that caliber on D.

I'm pretty sure Thibs was available this off season. The fact that MU passed on him & kept DC should tell you that maybe Thibs is not a defensive genius he is made out to be.
                            Now, this assumption is predicated on fact that Masai is a very smart, astute GM that can gauge coaching skills better than us.
                            This thread about Masai points that to be the case.

I'm not a huge fan of Casey (IMO he is mid in terms of OVERALL coaching skill), but I'd say we keep him until we can get a BETTER replacement (rather than change for the sake of change).
                            Thibs is absolutely an upgrade on Casey.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

this thread got derailed
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                this thread got derailed
                                Since that happened, can we talk DeRozan here?

Comment

Working...
                                X