Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JWash wrote: View Post
    Why would we target a specific position? And if we foolishly did, why would it be the one where we have an all-star, a solid backup, and another good prospect waiting in the wings?

You don't draft for position you draft BPA. I guarantee you Masai is not targeting a SG, he is targeting getting the best talent we can at our draft spot.
    The Raptors used a tier approach this year, which is really a combination of BPA and drafting for need. I wouldn't be surprised if we used a similar strategy next year.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
      The Raptors used a tier approach this year, which is really a combination of BPA and drafting for need. I wouldn't be surprised if we used a similar strategy next year.
      Yeah, I know that, but they don't specifically target a position that was my point.

And if they were going to I'd think they'd probably look at PF since that's the weakest atm. Unless one of Lowry/DD gets traded this year.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
        Yeah, I know that, but they don't specifically target a position that was my point.

And if they were going to I'd think they'd probably look at PF since that's the weakest atm. Unless one of Lowry/DD gets traded this year.
        I do agree that if they were looking at position they'd target PF, especially with the NYK/Denver pick, where you'd be more likely to get a rookie who's at a level to come in and get minutes and contribute right out of the gate. There are a lot of solid PFs in the upper half of the lottery, it wouldn't surprise me if a PF is both best fit and BPA when we make our first pick.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          I do agree that if they were looking at position they'd target PF, especially with the NYK/Denver pick, where you'd be more likely to get a rookie who's at a level to come in and get minutes and contribute right out of the gate. There are a lot of solid PFs in the upper half of the lottery, it wouldn't surprise me if a PF is both best fit and BPA when we make our first pick.
          Alot of those power forwards are going to drop off in the draft once the ncaa starts out.

There are some swings in this draft that intrigue me alot more than some of these top 10 pf/cs

And you are going to see these wing players in the 4-9 slots.

Comment

I hope Dragon Bender falls to us. Can't wait. I'm definitely buying the jersey and I'll add Dragon above Bender myself.

Comment

Would it be possible to resign DeMar and sign Horford, while keeping Lowry and Carroll and extending JV?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Would it be possible to resign DeMar and sign Horford, while keeping Lowry and Carroll and extending JV?
                If the remainder of our roster was full of minimum guys ya...

Which would limit our flexibility going forward. So that lineup better win a lot

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  If the remainder of our roster was full of minimum guys ya...

Which would limit our flexibility going forward. So that lineup better win a lot
                  It definitely would!

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    It definitely would!
                    But you mean that we would not be able to keep Cory Joseph?

Comment

• Partfoop wrote: View Post
                      It'll really underscore how fair that Carroll deal is once bottom-feeders are earning $10 million just to meet cap minimums.
                      IF he plays to the level he's shown recently. But Man I can't wait to SEE THAT. "Right this WAY, Sir!"

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Here's the choice right now. Next summer, let everyone except JV walk (Ross, DD, Scola, JJ) and you'll have enough cap room for one max offer.

Or keep DD and you'll have room for a 10M dollar player. Which is peanuts next summer.

Or keep Ross too and you'll have practically no room. If you keep just Ross and let DD walk, you'd have about 17M to offer, again meaning you can be outbid by 20 teams, but you might be able to get an OK player with that.
                        You speak with real authority. But your "Trade Demar OR ELSE" line troubles some.

Do you assume we CAN'T sign DD and JV for $38M (20/18)? That Masai can't be creative/persuasive to help land that last big piece?

Didn't the Spurs just prove numbers (and players) can be "worked"? That there is such a thing as Karma currency?
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Jul 27, 2015, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          All this shit is irrelevant, we're signing KD.
                          Attaboy!

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            what the hell are you smoking?

what 3 starters are we sending to allstar weekend?

Lowry made it cause demar was out and he did everything
                            Demar made it by decision in an injury ridled east

Carrol might make allstar weekend(3 point comp) if the team changes the offense to the point where we can assist him on 95+ percent of his shots from the 3pt line. And if that happens that means less touches in iso situations for Demar. So Demars numbers drop, reducing his chances of making it.

I will not bicker with Snooch I will not bicker with Snooch I will not bicker with Snooch
                            I will not bicker with Snooch I will not bicker with Snooch I will not bicker with Snooch

Comment

• Okc is resigning KD. Look for a PF who can rebound and play defense and score 10-12 points a game. 12/10 guy for 28 -30 minutes a game.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                You speak with real authority. But your "Trade Demar OR ELSE" line troubles some.

Do you assume we CAN'T sign DD and JV for $38M (20/18)? That Masai can't be creative/persuasive to help land that last big piece?

Didn't the Spurs just prove numbers (and players) can be "worked"? That there is such a thing as Karma currency?
                                First, we probably can't land DD and JV for 38M combined. Maybe, but very probably not.

Second, if we did, we would have nowhere near the cap space needed to add a significant player.

The Spurs lost a crapload of depth, AND had two of their stars re-sign for a combined 9M, AND had the leverage of an RFA who would get paid way more than his cap hold AND had an UFA who chose to re-sign with them for less than he could get on the market. And were lucky enough to have cap space in a fairly shrunk cap year - not a lot of competition for talent.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X